The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

I've just received a conditional offer from Anglia Ruskin even though they said they don't give out offers until April?? Have they made a mistake???HELP X
Original post by taraxx
Hey has anyone heard from Manchester, Edinburgh Napier or Staffordshire..... I sent my application in early November and I'm starting to get really anxious :/

Original post by taraxx
Hey has anyone heard from Manchester, Edinburgh Napier or Staffordshire..... I sent my application in early November and I'm starting to get really anxious :/

Ive got an interview at staffordshire on the 13th january xx
Reply 402
Original post by ChanteXx
Anyone heard from keele?

I had my interview for Keele in late November x
Reply 403
Original post by DEE456
Anyone hear from York? I applied in October and still nothing

York don't reply usually until after the deadline x
Reply 404
Original post by Midwifetobe1992
Ive got an interview at staffordshire on the 13th january xx

Awhh lucky you :biggrin: xx when did you send out your application? x
Reply 405
Original post by taraxx

I got an interview from staffs about 2 weeks after sending my application off :smile: x
Original post by LC1996
I had my interview for Keele in late November x

I haven't heard anything at all and I applied in October x
Reply 407
Original post by ChanteXx
I haven't heard anything at all and I applied in October x

I applied in October too, but admittedly they were the slowest to get back to me out of all 5 of my choices. They took about 3 weeks but remember no news is good news in midwifery! Good luck x
Original post by taraxx

16th december,
Still waiting for 3 to get back to me, especially notts as thats my first x
Original post by LC1996
I applied in October too, but admittedly they were the slowest to get back to me out of all 5 of my choices. They took about 3 weeks but remember no news is good news in midwifery! Good luck x

Oh okay, thank you!x
Reply 410
Original post by LC1996
I got an interview from staffs about 2 weeks after sending my application off :smile: x

I sent mine off two months ago..... I dunno if that's a good sign or bad one :/
Original post by DEE456
Anyone hear from York? I applied in October and still nothing

I applied to York too but I don't think they give out interviews until all applications are in!x
I got an interview from Swansea today, did anyone else?:smile:
Reply 413
I got an email off Manchester saying that I didn't meet the majority of the requirements so they can't offer me an interview now but they are still considering my application and will get back to me by late March.... Does this mean I still have a shot at getting in despite not meeting all the requirements or do they just say this for nearly all the ppl who are unsuccessful.....Really nervous and confused as Manchester is my first choice :frown: :frown:
Original post by a_m_y_p_
I got an interview from Swansea today, did anyone else?:smile:

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking when you sent your application off and when the interview is for?
I sent mine on December 1st and feeling less hopeful every day! D:
Original post by pâquerette03
Congratulations! Do you mind me asking when you sent your application off and when the interview is for?
I sent mine on December 1st and feeling less hopeful every day! D:

Thank you! I am very surprised! I sent mine midway through November I think, but think they may do more than one interview day so I wouldn't worry I am sure you will hear from them soon! I haven't heard anything back from my other 4 university's yet!xx
Thank you! I am very surprised! I sent mine midway through November I think, but think they may do more than one interview day so I wouldn't worry I am sure you will hear from them soon! I haven't heard anything back from my other 4 university's yet!xx

Oh and the interview is at the start of February sorry!x
Reply 417
Original post by taraxx
I got an email off Manchester saying that I didn't meet the majority of the requirements so they can't offer me an interview now but they are still considering my application and will get back to me by late March.... Does this mean I still have a shot at getting in despite not meeting all the requirements or do they just say this for nearly all the ppl who are unsuccessful.....Really nervous and confused as Manchester is my first choice :frown: :frown:

It means that you're kind of in the middle and they'll see what the standards of other applicants are before inviting you to interview. They offer those with a strong application that meets their requirements interview first, reject those with weak applications straight away and will hold those in the middle like yours to see how it goes, but you're still in with a shot!
Reply 418
Original post by LC1996
It means that you're kind of in the middle and they'll see what the standards of other applicants are before inviting you to interview. They offer those with a strong application that meets their requirements interview first, reject those with weak applications straight away and will hold those in the middle like yours to see how it goes, but you're still in with a shot!

Ohhhh right okay.... finger crossed then xx

Thanks for replying! Very best of luck for your February interview! I hope you get an offer :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending