The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessyjjb
Hi,
I've just received my interview invite. Booked 4th Feb 1.30pm....so excited.
GAMSAT 63 and 2:1 in Medicinal Chemistry
Can anyone confirm for me how many places there are and approximately how many they interview?

Well done! What time did it come through?
Original post by jessyjjb
Hi,
I've just received my interview invite. Booked 4th Feb 1.30pm....so excited.
GAMSAT 63 and 2:1 in Medicinal Chemistry
Can anyone confirm for me how many places there are and approximately how many they interview?

I'll be seeing you there, booked in 4th Feb 1.30pm. Aren't we eager lol
I got one too!!! :biggrin: 24th of feb! :biggrin: Need more time to prepare! I am after the same info guys! EEEEEK
There are 28(ish) places and between 67 - 100 interview places based on FOI requests for the last few years.
(edited 8 years ago)
Apparently, they're sending out the interviews staggered over this week, so there is still hope for all of us who haven't got an interviews yet!
I keep having to change my voice every time I ring liverpool so they don't recognise it's the same annoying person calling again and again :/
I'd say there is hope for a lot of you out there, as I somehow managed to get an interview with a GAMSAT score of 55!!
Original post by neuronerd
There are 28 places, 42 offers and 170 interview places. That's a 1 in 4 chance of an offer. GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:

Do you know what the interviews are like? :biggrin:
Original post by edasheva
Do you know what the interviews are like? :biggrin:

The MMI consists of 7 stations. Most stations will be discussion stations but it is expected that there will be as least one written station (there may be more).

The precise details of the stations will be provided on the day but no specific preparation needs to be done in advance of the interview and appropriate equipment will be provided as necessary. Possible MMI stations might assess communication/values and attitudes, team working, ethics, healthcare awareness and insight, learning from caring contribution or work experience and numeracy in practice.
Immediately before the ethics discussion station there will be an ethics preparation station where the candidates will have information to read and may, if they wish, make some notes to take with them into the discussion.

It is expected that each MMI station will last 6 minutes with a reminder after 5 minutes that 1 minute is remaining. After the station is complete there will be a 1 minute interval before starting the next station.

Although there are 7 stations in the MMI only 6 students will be assigned to each MMI circuit. This is because no studentcan start at the ethics discussion station as the preparation station needs to be done first.
I'd say there is hope for a lot of you out there, as I somehow managed to get an interview with a GAMSAT score of 55!!

Same score as me! It was the cut off last year. Did everyone get asked to fill a work experience form out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Same score as me! It was the cut off last year. Did everyone get asked to fill a work experience form out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did! But do they mean actual paid work experience of everything listed on your PS? As some of my work experience is from 2008! Don't know if they even remember me :/.....
Yes I did! But do they mean actual paid work experience of everything listed on your PS? As some of my work experience is from 2008! Don't know if they even remember me :/.....

It says on the form that they are checking claims made on your personal statement. So I guess anything you covered in the PS needs to go on there.
It says on the form that they are checking claims made on your personal statement. So I guess anything you covered in the PS needs to go on there.

Man some of mine is from years ago! Guess we need to get going now. It says they check randomly so I don't know if they check all of them but beat to do it all properly anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The MMI consists of 7 stations. Most stations will be discussion stations but it is expected that there will be as least one written station (there may be more).

The precise details of the stations will be provided on the day but no specific preparation needs to be done in advance of the interview and appropriate equipment will be provided as necessary. Possible MMI stations might assess communication/values and attitudes, team working, ethics, healthcare awareness and insight, learning from caring contribution or work experience and numeracy in practice.
Immediately before the ethics discussion station there will be an ethics preparation station where the candidates will have information to read and may, if they wish, make some notes to take with them into the discussion.

It is expected that each MMI station will last 6 minutes with a reminder after 5 minutes that 1 minute is remaining. After the station is complete there will be a 1 minute interval before starting the next station.

Although there are 7 stations in the MMI only 6 students will be assigned to each MMI circuit. This is because no studentcan start at the ethics discussion station as the preparation station needs to be done first.

Sounds intense!!! Thanks for the information tho :smile:! And good luck!
Original post by HCAssistant93
Man some of mine is from years ago! Guess we need to get going now. It says they check randomly so I don't know if they check all of them but beat to do it all properly anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell me about it! I covered so so much on my PS and am regretting it now...
Sounds intense!!! Thanks for the information tho :smile:! And good luck!

All that info and more is in the link given in the interview offer email. It's good to read through it and get a feel for it. When did you book for? and good luck!
Just wondering, for those of you with interviews did it mention the gamsat cut off or any indication what the requirements were to get an interview?
Original post by Sophia08
Just wondering, for those of you with interviews did it mention the gamsat cut off or any indication what the requirements were to get an interview?

The lowest GAMSAT posted so far is 55, which is the same as last years cut off. Likely that it is the same this year.

No information was given in the email, just a link to book your date and some forms to fill in and bring with.

Good luck, here's hoping more go out tomorrow morning!
The lowest GAMSAT posted so far is 55, which is the same as last years cut off. Likely that it is the same this year.

No information was given in the email, just a link to book your date and some forms to fill in and bring with.

Good luck, here's hoping more go out tomorrow morning!

Thanks a lot :smile: I just need to calm down and log-off TSR now!
ive booked my interview for the 4th which is like the earliest date! so early but its the only date that offered me an afternoon 2:30 pm slot which means i dont have to waste money on a hotel. im thinking positive about the early date thinking il still be fresh from my birmingham interview which is also MMI.
All that info and more is in the link given in the interview offer email. It's good to read through it and get a feel for it. When did you book for? and good luck!

Ahh i see! I was too excited to get the interview invite that i didnt really read it properly.... Haha I booked the 24th of Feb at 11am so I have more time to prepare! How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending