The Student Room Group

feel really demotivated NEED HELP

Hey guys so basically im in second year college after having retook my AS year (technically 3rd year) earlier this year my mum was diagnosed with cancer, i got in an accident and a fight. Just feels like things didnt go well. Regardless of this i still wanted to carry on my studies and go to uni. Im predicted 2 A*'s and a C and just dont feel bothered. I know it sounds bad and I do care, I do want to go far but it seems everytime im close to doing something productive I talk myself out of it and do something utterly useless like go play blackjack or play games, watch a movie etc. Just need some help and advice on how to stop doing this. I really want to do well but I feel like I lack the motivation.
Original post by Mitul106
Hey guys so basically im in second year college after having retook my AS year (technically 3rd year) earlier this year my mum was diagnosed with cancer, i got in an accident and a fight. Just feels like things didnt go well. Regardless of this i still wanted to carry on my studies and go to uni. Im predicted 2 A*'s and a C and just dont feel bothered. I know it sounds bad and I do care, I do want to go far but it seems everytime im close to doing something productive I talk myself out of it and do something utterly useless like go play blackjack or play games, watch a movie etc. Just need some help and advice on how to stop doing this. I really want to do well but I feel like I lack the motivation.

Do you lack motivation, or is there part of you that's a bit scared, or a bit lacking in confidence? It sounds like you've had a tough time, so it wouldn't be altogether surprising. I think maybe to start with, think about what you really want, and how to achieve it. If you're predicted two A*s and a C you can clearly achieve a lot. You need to believe in yourself and your ability to do well. You still have plenty of time to get on with revision etc. Sit down, and make a plan. You might not keep to it exactly, but you'll know what you're supposed to be doing. Include 'break to play games' 'break to watch a movie' in your plan - it's unrealistic to work non-stop.

Ultimately, only you can do the work, and the person most capable of looking after your interests is YOU. Motivation has to come from within you, yourself. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending