The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Beyond a joke now, can we even field a starting XI with the usual formation?
That's 7 players out with hamstring injuries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prediction for tomorrow:

Fulton, Randall, Ilori, Lucas, Smith, Can, Allen, Ojo, Teixiera, Lallana, Kent

I genuinely don't think I'm far off.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3323
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Beyond a joke now, can we even field a starting XI with the usual formation?

Think our best possible team would be mignolet, Clyne, Lucas, can, Moreno, Allen, Milner, brannagan, Lallana, Firmino, Benteke

Bogdan, smith and Randall on the bench lol
Original post by cBay
Think our best possible team would be mignolet, Clyne, Lucas, can, Moreno, Allen, Milner, brannagan, Lallana, Firmino, Benteke

Bogdan, smith and Randall on the bench lol

What do we need to play our best team for? Exeter are in League Two.

Not fussed if we get knocked out of the FA Cup this season.

Also:

Jurgen Klopp responds to Sam Allardyce's criticism that a recent spate of injuries to his players were down to his methods, saying he is "glad Sam has time to think about Liverpool's problems".

:rofl:
Reply 3325
L
Original post by Zerforax

Not fussed if we get knocked out of the FA Cup this season.

Also:

Jurgen Klopp responds to Sam Allardyce's criticism that a recent spate of injuries to his players were down to his methods, saying he is "glad Sam has time to think about Liverpool's problems".

:rofl:

I was merely pointing we could just about name a team with first team players.

The likes of Ilori, Randall, smith, brannagan, teixeira, ojo and Kent all have a chance to play. I don't think they all will or it would essentially be an u21's team... the point of giving youngsters a chance is so they can play alongside senior players to see if they are up to playing at that level. Obviously our situation means at least a few will play but we'll still see a number of senior players. The team by a mysterious lord won't be too far off, but I think we'd probably see benteke and Milner too.
Original post by cBay
L

I was merely pointing we could just about name a team with first team players.

The likes of Ilori, Randall, smith, brannagan, teixeira, ojo and Kent all have a chance to play. I don't think they all will or it would essentially be an u21's team... the point of giving youngsters a chance is so they can play alongside senior players to see if they are up to playing at that level. Obviously our situation means at least a few will play but we'll still see a number of senior players. The team by a mysterious lord won't be too far off, but I think we'd probably see benteke and Milner too.

Not sure we'll risk it considering they played on Tuesday and then we play Arsenal next Wednesday and Man Utd on Sunday..

In the ideal scenario you would blood them in with senior players but we're lacking a lot of them and should we be risking further potential injuries when we have two huge games?

Arsenal I'm actually less fussed about as I expect we'll lose but we really need to beat Man Utd if we want to finish above them..
Poor Klopp his injury curse at Dortmund has made it's way to Liverpool. Maybe he still needs to fine tune his coaching methods for the premier league. I think Liverpool will have better shot at the league if there is no europe next season.

And does anyone know Klopp's head-2-head record against Guardiola when he was in Dortmund?
Unsurprisingly, going to be a youth/reserve side. We are short of shortage of CBs that Enrique is set to play there tomorrow.
Original post by jam277
I'm selling you.

You were ****.

Transfer window's open.

Liverpool fraud XI

Any possible chance you'll **** up against Stoke on the reverse...cos of how I have money on Stoke to Qualify for the final.....
Original post by mr tim
Unsurprisingly, going to be a youth/reserve side. We are short of shortage of CBs that Enrique is set to play there tomorrow.

:eek:

Didn't know he still existed.
Apparently when asked if Jose Enrique would play, Klopp responded "who?" before a journalist clarified who he meant. Says it all.

Rumours that he'll feature tonight, likely with Ilori too. The issue for Klopp is - who does he risk tonight? With our players going down all over the place, he is probably paranoid about deploying the likes of Can and Milner for fear that they get an injury. Who can blame him?

So are Carlisle, and we hardly obliterated them.
Original post by Mackay
Apparently when asked if Jose Enrique would play, Klopp responded "who?" before a journalist clarified who he meant. Says it all.

Rumours that he'll feature tonight, likely with Ilori too. The issue for Klopp is - who does he risk tonight? With our players going down all over the place, he is probably paranoid about deploying the likes of Can and Milner for fear that they get an injury. Who can blame him?

Well some players like Milner and Allen haven't played that much recently due to be out or not picked. I'd rest our fullbacks mainly and put in whoever we can at CB. Benteke up front wouldn't be terrible considering the pitch etc.

We don't really need to press hard and high though? Our quality and fitness should shine through over 90 minutes even with some youngsters.

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
So are Carlisle, and we hardly obliterated them.

We don't need to batter them. We just need to scrap through with a win in any manner (without ending up with a replay) using players which doesn't risk who we can use against Arsenal and Man Utd.
Well some players like Milner and Allen haven't played that much recently due to be out or not picked. I'd rest our fullbacks mainly and put in whoever we can at CB. Benteke up front wouldn't be terrible considering the pitch etc.

We don't really need to press hard and high though? Our quality and fitness should shine through over 90 minutes even with some youngsters.

Another issue we should bear in mind is that the likes of Kent, Ojo and those who have been out on loan and are now recalled will be infinitely more experienced than the Academy lads. They've played in front of big, packed houses with crowds on their backs this season. They know the lower leagues. They haven't been pruned on these gorgeous Melwood pitches, they've been playing a man's game.

I'd rather we saw Kent and Ojo than Teixeira or Chirivella, for instance.
Original post by Mackay
Another issue we should bear in mind is that the likes of Kent, Ojo and those who have been out on loan and are now recalled will be infinitely more experienced than the Academy lads. They've played in front of big, packed houses with crowds on their backs this season. They know the lower leagues. They haven't been pruned on these gorgeous Melwood pitches, they've been playing a man's game.

I'd rather we saw Kent and Ojo than Teixeira or Chirivella, for instance.

Just stick all 4 in :colondollar:
Ilori and Kevin Stewart confirmed as being recalled. So 4 loan recalls now [Ilori, Stewart, Ojo, Kent]

Sounds like they have a full squad otherwise which won't help us..
Original post by mr tim
Ilori and Kevin Stewart confirmed as being recalled. So 4 loan recalls now [Ilori, Stewart, Ojo, Kent]

Surprised we haven't also recalled Wisdom considering he's not playing either.

Wonder if Ilori can make it for tonight's game.

Latest