The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I submitted my application to King's on the 5th and got an offer on the 6th....
Just wanna know, does anyone know what a typical king's offer is??
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by xb3lla
I submitted my application to King's on the 5th and got an offer on the 6th....
Just wanna know, does anyone know what a typical king's offer is??

It depends on what course you applied for. For most courses their standard offer is AAA but for some (not many at all I must stress) it is AAB and for some courses they require A*'s
Reply 582
Original post by hesitantbookworm
It depends on what course you applied for. For most courses their standard offer is AAA but for some (not many at all I must stress) it is AAB and for some courses they require A*'s

Does that translate as IB HL665 for A-level AAB? When do they give out AAB offers!
Original post by xb3lla
Does that translate as IB HL665 for A-level AAB? When do they give out AAB offers!

Okay I just looked at my prospectus and it says for AAA courses it's the equivelant of 35 points and 666 HL with the IB so you were right!!

I only know that for like maybe two or three courses they give out AAB offers because my couisin applied to do one of them (I am going to take English, King's is my firm) but I'm not sure if they'd give that offer for a course if its entry requirements were AAA
Reply 584
Original post by hesitantbookworm
Okay I just looked at my prospectus and it says for AAA courses it's the equivelant of 35 points and 666 HL with the IB so you were right!!

I only know that for like maybe two or three courses they give out AAB offers because my couisin applied to do one of them (I am going to take English, King's is my firm) but I'm not sure if they'd give that offer for a course if its entry requirements were AAA

Oh.. icic! Thankyou!! I couldn't find out what typical offers were so I just wanted to know if my offer is higher/lower than usual ones! Thanks for the help!
Got an offer for Economics and Management!!!
I have applied for child nursing but haven't heard anything yet, should I be worried
Original post by Alicia jodi
I have applied for child nursing but haven't heard anything yet, should I be worried

No need to worry! They've got until May, and some admissions officers simply prefer to wait to get many of the january deadline ones as well so they can consider all of them.
Original post by vossari
No need to worry! They've got until May, and some admissions officers simply prefer to wait to get many of the january deadline ones as well so they can consider all of them.

Ah okay thank you. That's the last one I'm waiting to hear from so was just abit nervous haha
anyone heard anything from law? :/
Reply 590
Hi everyone,
I had applied for the MSc international marketing and I received an offer.
However I don't have any business related experience I did my undergraduate in a science subject and all my internship experience to has been related to that field. I was wondering how the course is? For a science graduate and someone with no business related experience also does that course have a lot of maths and statistical components to it? Please let me know. Any advice from past or current students would be appreciated
Thanks
Reply 591
Hi all!

I applied in October last year to the Liberal Arts course at King's and heard back super quickly -- it was weird and great!

I am really happy to have received an offer from one of the most prestigious universities in the globe, but I have my doubts about how much I would enjoy studying at King's... Has anyone else applied to do Liberal Arts there? I am concerned with the amount of contact time I'll have and also whether teaching will be happening mostly in lectures or in small group seminars and things like that.

Does anyone have any thoughts or maybe similar concerns??

Val :-)
Applied 14th October and offer on the 26th of the same month for BA Politics :smile:

AAAA at AS (History, Politics, Sociology and Religious Studies) and predicted A*A*A in the first three :smile:

Good luck everyone!
anyone heard back for political economy?
been over 5 weeks now :frown:
Just got a Biochemistry offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied to study Business Management?
Has anyone emailed KCL about the offer-holders open day email? Apparently mostly of PPE applicants had received it. If yes, what did they tell you?
Hi, I am from India. I have applied for the MSc in Financial Mathematics course at LSE, UCL, Kings and Imperial. As of now, I have an offer from kings. What kind of employment opportunities are there for post grads from King's College, London from this course
Reply 598
Original post by aisha0107
Hi, I am from India. I have applied for the MSc in Financial Mathematics course at LSE, UCL, Kings and Imperial. As of now, I have an offer from kings. What kind of employment opportunities are there for post grads from King's College, London from this course

Hi there!

I'm not an expert in finance, but I would say you would have a world of opportunities! Being in London is already an advantage, seeing as it is one of the financial hubs of the world. King's (or any of the other universities you mentioned) is also a very prestigious university and so having their name on your CV puts you ahead of a good fraction of the competition!

Good luck!
Just wondering - does anybody know if it's typically a bad sign if you haven't heard back yet? The Kings portal page says that they aim to let everyone know the outcome within 60 working days, and it's been longer than that since I submitted my application for Law (5th October). Does anybody know if such a late reply is a bad sign? It probably means nothing, but I'm getting a bit anxious about it now lmao

Latest