The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Hey everyone! I've got offers from Queens Belfast and UCL so far, I received my task from UCL around a month after sending off my UCAS form and was invited to interview about 10 days later. It then took around 2 weeks before they sent me an offer, my UCL interview was utterly bizarre and I was just wondering if anyone on here had also had an equally weird experience at a UCL interview this year!!!
Original post by nnm4651
Can anyone go or is it just for those with offers?

Do you know anything about it?
Original post by mh10
Hey everyone! I've got offers from Queens Belfast and UCL so far, I received my task from UCL around a month after sending off my UCAS form and was invited to interview about 10 days later. It then took around 2 weeks before they sent me an offer, my UCL interview was utterly bizarre and I was just wondering if anyone on here had also had an equally weird experience at a UCL interview this year!!!

congratulations! what kind of questions did ucl ask during the interview?:O
Reply 343
Original post by blinkofaneyee
congratulations! what kind of questions did ucl ask during the interview?:O

Thank you! Well my interview was bizarre because I pretty much was not asked any questions…… I was only really asked one question about my EPQ, which I wrote on the topic of architectures influence on behaviour and the lady interviewing me cut me off after about a sentence with saying "okay that's fine". My interview only lasted around 10 minutes and a lot of that time was filled by the interviewer telling me about her past jobs. She looked through my portfolio very quickly as well, turning the pages before I had a chance to begin speaking about my work. I thought the lack of questions was a sign she didn't like me but thank goodness that wasn't the case! I had my interview there on the 9th December and a day later I had my Cambridge interview which was much more that I would expect from an interview!!
Reply 344
Original post by mh10
Thank you! Well my interview was bizarre because I pretty much was not asked any questions…… I was only really asked one question about my EPQ, which I wrote on the topic of architectures influence on behaviour and the lady interviewing me cut me off after about a sentence with saying "okay that's fine". My interview only lasted around 10 minutes and a lot of that time was filled by the interviewer telling me about her past jobs. She looked through my portfolio very quickly as well, turning the pages before I had a chance to begin speaking about my work. I thought the lack of questions was a sign she didn't like me but thank goodness that wasn't the case! I had my interview there on the 9th December and a day later I had my Cambridge interview which was much more that I would expect from an interview!!

When did they get back to you and give you the offer may I ask? As I also attended my interview on the 9th and am still waiting...
Hey just wanted to ask you guys whether your Bartlett task submission followed an architectural perspective? Ive decided to follow a really mundane concept of narrating how I prepare my own being for the outside everyday...

Also, do you think my ear would count as an object? I ask this because they specify to only portray a space, place or object and I know they are really particular... So.. 👂🏽👂🏽
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 346
Original post by mh10

Congrats! Bizarre indeed! Sounds like they had already decided to take you, the intv was just a formality. Strange tho that u got your task only 1 month after you submitted your UCAS, since u also applied to Cambridge meaning u must be a brilliant scholar. Will u accept the offer? When did u submit your task? Are you a foreign student? Cheers!
Original post by Sean5Star
Anyone apply to Liverpool, Northumbria or Sheffield ? If so can you let me know how long they took to respond to request a portfolio request and also what the portfolio request was so that I can start thinking about each if I am lucky enough to be asked to send a portfolio...

i applied to Northumbria in mid-December and they asked me to send a portfolio 2 days after i sent my application off, hope this helps :smile:
Hi all,

I've applied at Newcastle, Nottingham, Liverpool, Sheffield and Kent. Anyone applied to any of these? Will they all ask me for a portfolio? (I know Liverpool and Sheffield certainly will).

Good luck everyone!
Hello I have applied to Nottingham a month ago. However, I still haven't received any email from nottingham(not even when they say they've received my application.) So to anyone who applied to Nottingham, I'm wondering if Notts would send you an email saying they've received your application at least?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! I wouldn't worry, not every uni does..... Many uni's also wait until after deadline to even start looking at applications so don't worry too much!
Original post by mh10

Congrats!! That's amazing ☺️ I have an interview at UCL on 10th Feb I'm so so scared. Could you please tell me what questions they asked you and describe how it went? If you have any tips you could give me please share. Thank you so much in advance. Also how important is the extra personal statement?
Original post by sophiewillis1
Do you know anything about it?

No I hadn't heard about it till you mentioned it...so are you going?
Anyone had their Falmouth interview yet????
Reply 354
Original post by VDJB
When did they get back to you and give you the offer may I ask? As I also attended my interview on the 9th and am still waiting...

I got my offer on the 18th/19th of December so around 10 days after my interview (my previously saying 2 weeks was just a guess but I checked UCAS and I received the offer on the 19th)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 355
Original post by hongwai
Congrats! Bizarre indeed! Sounds like they had already decided to take you, the intv was just a formality. Strange tho that u got your task only 1 month after you submitted your UCAS, since u also applied to Cambridge meaning u must be a brilliant scholar. Will u accept the offer? When did u submit your task? Are you a foreign student? Cheers!

Thank you very much! I will definitely be accepting UCL's offer, regardless of my Cambridge reply, I just way prefer the way of teaching at UCL! I'm not a foreign student no and I sent off my task on the 23rd of October and was sent an email on the 6th November inviting me to interview :-)
Reply 356
Original post by basmaell1
Congrats!! That's amazing ☺️ I have an interview at UCL on 10th Feb I'm so so scared. Could you please tell me what questions they asked you and describe how it went? If you have any tips you could give me please share. Thank you so much in advance. Also how important is the extra personal statement?

Congratulations on being invited to interview :-) As I mentioned, my interview was really bizarre and probably not the standard interview, even speaking to other applicants at my interview day mine was a very different interview to most of theirs. So I'm probably not the best person to ask for advice, as I was barely asked any questions, only one on my EPQ which I wrote about links between architecture and behaviour and even then I was cut off by the interviewer about a sentence into my answer. In terms of tips I would say be selective about what you bring in your portfolio, don't just bring every piece of art you've ever made. The interviews are short and my interviewer thanked me for only bringing a select few pieces of work which I thought were interesting. I personally think that the extra personal statement is very important, before interviewing me, my interviewer had both my UCAS personal statement and my extra one and only read over my extra one before starting the interview. I'd say definitely make sure that in your extra personal statement you speak about things specific to the Bartlett and make it apparent that your own interests and personality chime with what's expected and taught there! I know that a few people who were interviewed on the same day as me entered into debates with their interviewer and had to defend their artwork! The interview overall was quite an informal process so don't worry about it too much, it was a lot less intimidating than I was expecting, best of luck!!
Hello guys. I just want to ask. Do unis prefer more drawings, rather than 3d stuff? does it need to be an architectural drawing?
Does anyone knows if its true that if you at least get a predicted grades of AAB you get to do the bartlett ucl task?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Does anyone knows if its true that if you at least get a predicted grades of AAB you get to do the bartlett ucl task?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. that's their minimum entry requirements

Quick Reply

Latest