The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anybody got anything back from Nottingham yet? I sent mine in November got offers for Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Reading but still waiting for Nottingham. Sat my lnat in November as well :frown:
Original post by Efoster221
anybody got anything back from Nottingham yet? I sent mine in November got offers for Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Reading but still waiting for Nottingham. Sat my lnat in November as well :frown:

I am still waiting on 4 of my unis! LNAT in October, UCAS - first week of November.
Waiting for Notts, Bristol, KCL, UCL
ugh
Reply 962
Original post by Cewhite
The offer was for 3A's
Its definately in my top 3 and i havent heard from my other 2 favourites! I havent visited Nottingham yet so not sure where that falls in terms of ranking!
I have visited it! The campus was amazing and so are the modules! Will probs visit it again though

Yes mine was too.
What are your other two favourites?
Oh good! I'm going to an offers open day but haven't seen it yet! Thank you!
Reply 963
Original post by dfradkin
I am still waiting on 4 of my unis! LNAT in October, UCAS - first week of November.
ugh

Sent mine off a bit earlier than you and still waiting for Bristol, fingers crossed!
I'm sure they'll reply soon
Reply 964
Original post by seeunexttuesday
UCL emailed me yesterday to say I hadn't done my LNAT which I had in fact done in November. So after sorting that out I'm not at the bottom of their pile for consideration which is a bit annoying, but hopefully it won't affect my application that much. I fear the same may have happened with Durham but they haven't replied to my emails yet. It's because I applied to UCL for English last year and decided to take a gap year and do Law instead so they were searching the LNAT database for my previous UCAS ID - anyone else having an issue like this?

On the bright side I just got an offer from LSE.

Congrats on offers everyone else! :~)

Congrats on LSE!! :biggrin: When did you apply?
Original post by Efoster221

i applied to nottigham at the same time and haven't heard back either :frown: i did my Lnat November to
Original post by alexandra.marie
i applied to nottigham at the same time and haven't heard back either :frown: i did my Lnat November to

the pain of waiting :frown:
I applied to: UCL, King's, Bristol, Birmingham and Warwick.
I've had offers from UCL (A*AA) and an unconditional from Birmingham (if I put it as my first choice, if not it's AAA.)

Has anyone else heard from King's, Bristol or Warwick yet?
Original post by Jedwards
I've had offers from UCL (A*AA) and an unconditional from Birmingham (if I put it as my first choice, if not it's AAA.)

Congrats on your offers :smile: Can I ask you when did you apply as I am still waiting for UCL :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jedwards

Got an offer from Warwick today ( on my birthday :tongue:) Waiting on Bristol but that's because Im giving my LNAT next week. The payment clearance took ages for LNAT as Im a international student :/
Original post by Bobkata
Congrats on your offers :smile: Can I ask you when did you apply as I am still waiting for UCL :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

It was the 17th November, and I got an offer on the 22nd December. I was surprised they replied so quickly, I expected a long wait. Good luck, hopefully you'll hear soon!
Original post by ArsalanBac
Got an offer from Warwick today ( on my birthday :tongue:) Waiting on Bristol but that's because Im giving my LNAT next week. The payment clearance took ages for LNAT as Im a international student :/

Congratulations on your offer!

Bristol seem to be taking their time this year for Law. I had an email about a month ago now telling me they're considering my application, but that's all I've heard.

I applied for the Law with a year abroad at Warwick, so I assume that might be why they're so long.

Where else did you apply?
Original post by fckinfightme
I applied for the M100 at Nottingham and have received an offer of A*AA for the BA. The LLB and the BA have the same course codes, at the time I assumed I had applied specifically for the LLB. What is the main difference between the two and what should/can I do??

I applied for Nottingham law as well. Submitted my application before the LNAT and took the LNAT afterwards on Dec 1 so that was when my application was completed. How long did it take for them to reply? Thank you
Original post by IDKY
Congrats on LSE!! :biggrin: When did you apply?
Thank you! I applied just before the Oxbridge cut off, so I think 12-15th October. I assume you've applied there as well? If so, best of luck!

On the bright side I just got an offer from LSE.

Congrats on offers everyone else! :~)

I do know Durham takes their time judging each and every applicant, so I wouldnt stress too much if they haven't got back to you! Probably means they're still assessing you.
May I ask, when did you apply for LSE? I'm still waiting for mine :-((

Original post by JohnGreek
Still waiting for LSE... three weeks to go :3

S A M E. Apparently, no email from LSE = good. Also, expect a four week email following the 8 week email.
Original post by miyazakischihiro
I do know Durham takes their time judging each and every applicant, so I wouldnt stress too much if they haven't got back to you! Probably means they're still assessing you.
May I ask, when did you apply for LSE? I'm still waiting for mine :-((

That's true, it's just I think they haven't received my LNAT and I want to make sure they have it before the deadlines. Oh well!

I answered above, I applied 12-15th October. Can't remember exact date. I wouldn't worry about the wait tbh. I got an 8 week email, then 10 weeks later an email asking for another 2 weeks and then 3 weeks later an offer. And from my friends who applied to LSE last year and received a place they ranged from waiting until March for an offer. Good luck!
Reply 976
got an offer for from oriel college oxford. still find it so weird that they ask for AAA when unis like UCL, KCL and QMUL ask for higher than oxford. but still waiting to here back from UCL.
Original post by dfradkin
ugh

Still waiting for Notts, KCL and LSE :/
Sat for my LNAT and sent my application both in October
That's true, it's just I think they haven't received my LNAT and I want to make sure they have it before the deadlines. Oh well!

I answered above, I applied 12-15th October. Can't remember exact date. I wouldn't worry about the wait tbh. I got an 8 week email, then 10 weeks later an email asking for another 2 weeks and then 3 weeks later an offer. And from my friends who applied to LSE last year and received a place they ranged from waiting until March for an offer. Good luck!

Ahhh this is so reassuring! Sent mine out in Oct. Got my 8 week email and the 2 week email as well. On my 9th week now :tongue:

Congratulations :smile:
Which school do you guys think have a better reputation or just has a better law department- Bristol or Queen Mary's?