The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
New ticket transfer system is ****ed right now. Basically enables touters to sell tickets at 200% face value knowing they'll be some poor tourist coming in wanting a ticket and willing to pay almost anything. I see ***** on twitter and reddit tryna sell Cat A games in upper stand for upward of £140.

Seriously you could easily sell entry ticket for above normal price and make a cheeky bit of profit.
Such a shame when the original idea was that fans could transfer their season ticket across to friend for 1 game without the hassle of giving them the membership card.

There are people touting their Bournemouth away tickets on the Internet for £300 +. It's a shame that these tickets end up with tourists instead of real, genuine supporters. When tickets fall into the right hands you get scenes like at spurs in the cup earlier this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by atom y humber
You do know we have an agreement with Stoke and must lose at the Brittania?

Yeah but hopefully their team is too skilful now to play like OG Stoke, so we might be able to beat them this time.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
There are people touting their Bournemouth away tickets on the Internet for £300 +. It's a shame that these tickets end up with tourists instead of real, genuine supporters. When tickets fall into the right hands you get scenes like at spurs in the cup earlier this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Racist chanting and vandalism? K den.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Racist chanting and vandalism? K den.

Was no racist chanting. And who really cares if we take down a few signboards? Not like they leave our ground untouched every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
New ticket transfer system is ****ed right now. Basically enables touters to sell tickets at 200% face value knowing they'll be some poor tourist coming in wanting a ticket and willing to pay almost anything. I see ***** on twitter and reddit tryna sell Cat A games in upper stand for upward of £140.

Seriously you could easily sell entry ticket for above normal price and make a cheeky bit of profit.
Such a shame when the original idea was that fans could transfer their season ticket across to friend for 1 game without the hassle of giving them the membership card.

If you can't trust them with your membership card are they really a mate though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by atom y humber
You're never going to stop touts and actually think we've got the best methods of limiting it. Don't know what new method you're talking about as you can still transfer tickets between accounts without giving cards. I've done it.

Yeah that's the method. Problem is the season ticket being transferred for a game; the tout agrees the price with the buyer and gets the money transferred across before giving the ticket away for that game, and the buyer gets an eticket.

It's such an easy system for touts, they get the season ticket and can sell for every single game pretty much guaranteed to sell it to anyone anywhere on the globe.
Original post by sr90
If you can't trust them with your membership card are they really a mate though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats not what I mean. Before I've used membership cards from mates. Now, they csn transfer the ticket across and you get an eticket (say your friend is away on business so can't give you the card). The reality is touters getting season tickets and selling off individual games risk free
Yeah that's the method. Problem is the season ticket being transferred for a game; the tout agrees the price with the buyer and gets the money transferred across before giving the ticket away for that game, and the buyer gets an eticket.

It's such an easy system for touts, they get the season ticket and can sell for every single game pretty much guaranteed to sell it to anyone anywhere on the globe.

Isn't there an AFC Twitter account for tickets? Whenever I want to go to OT I use it, there's loads going and they only advertise the FV ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats not what I mean. Before I've used membership cards from mates. Now, they csn transfer the ticket across and you get an eticket (say your friend is away on business so can't give you the card). The reality is touters getting season tickets and selling off individual games risk free

Surely it would flag on the system if every game is just being sold on? Should just do what United do and turn a blind eye to people sharing STs. Everyone does it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn Malik
Isn't there an AFC Twitter account for tickets? Whenever I want to go to OT I use it, there's loads going and they only advertise the FV ones.
Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a subreddit for it, not on twitter but when I was trying to verify the person I was buying off I saw loads of trades.
Contacted him on reddit saying I wanted a ticket to Olympiakos he was selling (he didnt mention price in the thread) and he opened negotiations at £95 for a £55 ticket saying that others were in a queue (which was bs as anyone who wants the ticket comments on the thread and there were no other comments). I had seen he had been trying to sell it for weeks on twitter with no luck so figured he was getting desperste. Told him I knew the face was £50 and wasn't going to negotiate with touters terrorists a la Bush style and I was offering £60, take it or leave it. He accepted and later tried to charge me £5 transfer fee of the ticket on the Arsenal site when it says on there it cost £1. I threatened to back out of the deal 2 days before the match and suddenly he said he'd pay the £1...:biggrin: Got the ticket and we lost 3-2...:angry:

Original post by sr90
Surely it would flag on the system if every game is just being sold on? Should just do what United do and turn a blind eye to people sharing STs. Everyone does it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so but it's the first season they've implemented it I think. Touters could just sell some season ticket without transferring to those who live nearby and transfer to tourists. That's what the guy I bought off tried to do. Anyway why would Arsenal care, the only thing that matters is the #netspend?
Wenger says Alexis Sanchez will not be fit enough to return for Wednesday’s Premier League match against Liverpool.

You can't blame the club for that. They can't set a mandatory price for transferring tickets (which is the only way to get round the problem you're stating) because that'll punish friends and family. It's the people's fault.

Also its not exactly easy getting a season ticket and you need to be a red member to be able to get tickets transferred to you. Which means that you've got earlier access to get tickets to games or via ticket exchange all at standard price. You're an idiot to be paying touts more than you need to. Be proactive, don't be too picky and bid your time then you'll be sorted. Don't really see how it's a profitable system for touts.

Rather this than going the stubhub route other teams go. Which is just welcoming touting.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
Wenger says Alexis Sanchez will not be fit enough to return for Wednesday’s Premier League match against Liverpool.

No problem. Were top instead of been 4th whilst he's out like many imagined. Rest him for the February to May push tbh. Well drop point this month.
Take Ox please Chelsea
Reply 2494
Yes ^^
Arsenal F.C.

1st in Premier League

FA Cup Third round

Tomorrow, 15:00

Emirates Stadium

.Arsenal Vs. Sunderland
READY OR NOT, WE ARE COMING.:battle:
Nonce ^
Original post by Arkasia
Yeah but hopefully their team is too skilful now to play like OG Stoke, so we might be able to beat them this time.

Stoke are still rough and physical and still have their intimidating crowd, it's just that they now actually have conventionally skilful attackers.
Lmao wenger what a wind up merchant, bigging up ospina pre match then the bloke doesnt even make the squad screaming right now :d
Chamberlain in centre mid = rip possession

Latest