The Student Room Group

Article: 5 things to do now if you still want to apply to uni by 15th January

If you want to get your application in last minute, don't stress. You'll have to be organised, but there's still time to get everything sorted.

Follow these 5 steps to see what you need to do.

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
I just thought I'd point out that 'application' is spelled wrong in the link to this article on the home page, it says 'appication' instead :tongue:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I just thought I'd point out that 'application' is spelled wrong in the link to this article on the home page, it says 'appication' instead :tongue:

Aw thanks! :colondollar: We've corrected this now, thanks heaps for letting us know. Have you made a uni application this year?
Original post by She-Ra
Aw thanks! :colondollar: We've corrected this now, thanks heaps for letting us know. Have you made a uni application this year?

You're welcome! Yes, I've applied for Geoscience at Keele, Geology with Physical Geography at Hull and Geology at UCL. I'm just waiting for UCL to reply now :h:
Original post by Leviathan1741
You're welcome! Yes, I've applied for Geoscience at Keele, Geology with Physical Geography at Hull and Geology at UCL. I'm just waiting for UCL to reply now :h:

Awesome! Fingers crossed you hear from UCL soon. @Puddles the Monkey went to Hull so if you have any questions about student life there just let her know :smile:
Now/Know - first header.
Original post by returnmigrant
Now/Know - first header.

Is this fixed for you now?
Surely it is better to apply after the 15th January 'deadline' rather than submit a rushed application? After all, most universities will still consider you even if you apply after January 15th.
Original post by Snufkin
Surely it is better to apply after the 15th January 'deadline' rather than submit a rushed application? After all, most universities will still consider you even if you apply after January 15th.

From what I've heard, applying after the deadline (esp. without a reason) comes with negative effects to your application.
Original post by bakedbeans247
From what I've heard, applying after the deadline (esp. without a reason) comes with negative effects to your application.

Even if that is the case, applying with a poorly thought our personal statement and a rushed reference is bound to give an even worse impression.
(edited 8 years ago)
if I enter clearing or adjustment will the uni see my personal statement and circumstances
Original post by Snufkin

Valid but there can be negative effects of this. Also, people have arguably had months to consider getting their applications ready. Lots of people I've spoken to have finished their applications and are now waiting for/receiving decisions from their chosen universities. Then again, some people are more organised than others.

Universities have to give all applications equal consideration if they are submitted before or on the 15th Jan deadline. This means it doesn't matter if you submit in October or January.

What that does mean is that after the Jan deadline you're not protected by that rule, but if the courses you're interested in still have places and you meet the entry requirements along with a good PS that you should be ok.
Original post by pringles321
if I enter clearing or adjustment will the uni see my personal statement and circumstances

Yes, when you give them your UCAS number they'll be able to bring up your application on their screen - is there something in particular that you're worried about?

not really.

If the course is full/closed then you'll get rejected (but any late applicants applying after the deadline should contact universities before adding their choices to double check there are places).

Some of the best applications come in after the deadline.
Original post by She-Ra
Yes, when you give them your UCAS number they'll be able to bring up your application on their screen - is there something in particular that you're worried about?

well I'm being predicted acd even thought I had family issue that my head of yr is FULLy aware of the fact my teacher hate me and durning gcse period I encounter a few problem but ddint not tell the teacher at the tme although i have spoken to my head who said she included it in the refrence but I'm not sure.btw I want to apply to optomtry and know I will get 5 rejectiosn

Quick Reply