The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fayfeb
Has anyone received confirmation from Cambridge that they've received all the paper work? I keep on worrying it's got lost in the post!

I haven't but I did send it by Special Delivery so I know it got somewhere and the surname of the person who signed for it. I guess it takes them a bit of time to go through it all?
Original post by Aemiliana
I haven't but I did send it by Special Delivery so I know it got somewhere and the surname of the person who signed for it. I guess it takes them a bit of time to go through it all?

Ah thanks for the reply it sets my mind at ease :smile: I am probably over worrying, I sent them rather late as christmas exams took full priority and I am secretly worried they've cancelled my offer or something haha!

What subject will you be doing? :smile:
Original post by fayfeb
Ah thanks for the reply it sets my mind at ease :smile: I am probably over worrying, I sent them rather late as christmas exams took full priority and I am secretly worried they've cancelled my offer or something haha!

What subject will you be doing? :smile:

I'm worried about exactly the same thing!

Latin, what about you?
Original post by fayfeb
Has anyone received confirmation from Cambridge that they've received all the paper work? I keep on worrying it's got lost in the post!

I'm sending mine tonight...it's rather late, but my doctor was away. I hope they won't mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2864
Original post by carolineherts
I don't know if the 'learning experience ' we have to do a presentation on is regarding our learning or something we saw or took part in whilst working in a school !!! 🙈😂

Yeah that's the part i'm confused about! I'm going for a learning experience I was a part of while working as an LSA
Anyone had an interview @ Roehampton for primary. I wanted to know how was the English task? What was the question on? Also, how was the one-to-one interview?
I have mine on Wednesday! When's yours? I'm attempting the behavioural assessment at the moment :s-smilie:
Original post by dani.california
I have mine on Wednesday! When's yours? I'm attempting the behavioural assessment at the moment :s-smilie:

They have given me an option for Wednesday or Saturday 23rd Jan. So going for the Saturday as I just got the email about two hours ago
Reply 2868
Original post by Nocandoosville
Anyone had an interview @ Roehampton for primary. I wanted to know how was the English task? What was the question on? Also, how was the one-to-one interview?

I've had an interview at roehampton. The one to one interview was much more relaxed than I thought it would be. They just asked me a lot of questions about being a TA. For the English task the first part was about grammar I think and there were a few spelling questions. The second part you had to do a short piece of writing, I can't remember what you had to write about though sorry!
Original post by dccgk8
I've had an interview at roehampton. The one to one interview was much more relaxed than I thought it would be. They just asked me a lot of questions about being a TA. For the English task the first part was about grammar I think and there were a few spelling questions. The second part you had to do a short piece of writing, I can't remember what you had to write about though sorry!

Thanks for replying :smile:
One more thing, was the grammar and spelling like the literacy qts test?
(edited 8 years ago)
I have offers from Cambridge and UCL for secondary pgce music. I am finding it difficult to make a final choice. Can anybody advise me?
Had an interview for UWE on Wednesday and have a conditional offer, the selection day was actually really relaxed. Just need to think about how I'm sorting accommodation now as we have no idea yet where our school placements are going to be. I'm thinking of getting somewhere in Bristol city centre just until January and then relocating depending on where the next placement is. Did any unis give good advice re sorting accommodation as West England were a bit vague on this? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Katie.uni
I have offers from Cambridge and UCL for secondary pgce music. I am finding it difficult to make a final choice. Can anybody advise me?

London is the only city more expensive to live in than Cambridge...
But, seriously, go for whichever you think you'll love.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go for Cambridge its pretty.
Original post by TunaTunnel
Go for Cambridge its pretty.

I was trying to be unbiased 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashleyclaire
London is the only city more expensive to live in than Cambridge...
But, seriously, go for whichever you think you'll love.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A year in central london is something I've always wanted to do so UCL seems like a good opportunity. But I would feel crazy for turning down cambridge. I had good vibes about it during the interview
Hi guys, UCAS said that training providers should give us a reply within 40 work days so tomorrow will be the deadline for me but I'm still waiting for one of the unis' result. Do you know what's gonna happen if they don't give me a result by tomorrow? :frown:
Original post by dani.california
has anyone else got their interview for the IOE on the 29th Jan? got more than 3 weeks to go but I'm already nervous as anything :frown:

I have mine on the 29th as well, but have to focus on my interview for St.Mary's first.
Reply 2878
Original post by daisyhuang1230
Hi guys, UCAS said that training providers should give us a reply within 40 work days so tomorrow will be the deadline for me but I'm still waiting for one of the unis' result. Do you know what's gonna happen if they don't give me a result by tomorrow? :frown:

I think UCAS automatically counts it as a rejection if that happens :frown: I hope they sort themselves out sharpish for you! Was it one that you really wanted?
Original post by Lou_S
I think UCAS automatically counts it as a rejection if that happens :frown: I hope they sort themselves out sharpish for you! Was it one that you really wanted?

It's UCL. Yes I kind of preferred to do it in London in the first place but now I'm a t frustrated by their efficiency given the fact that they promised on their web that they'll give the applicants a result within 2 days after the interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending