The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a_m_y_p_
Aw thank you that makes me feel a lot better! I am sure you will hear from them both soon! Have you had any interviews yet?xx

I received an invitation for an interview for Manchester about an hour before I posted that but I just hadn't noticed! UWS has invited me for testing on the 12th of January, still got 3 to hear back from. Good luck x
Original post by taraxx
Awwh congratulations :biggrin: Got an email off them saying I haven't gotten an interview right now :frown: but they are still considering it and will get back to me by the end of March :\ Really hope they offer me an interview as they are my first choice
Good luck with your interview :smile: xc

Thanks! That's great news as it means you've not been rejected! Manchester is my 4th choice, Napier is my first. So if I get a place at Manchester and Napier gives me one too then you can have my place at Manchester and ill go to napier! lol good luck!x
Original post by CatLadyEmma
I received an invitation for an interview for Manchester about an hour before I posted that but I just hadn't noticed! UWS has invited me for testing on the 12th of January, still got 3 to hear back from. Good luck x

I applied to UWS too!xx good luck and hope you hear from the other 3 soon!
Reply 443
Thanks! That's great news as it means you've not been rejected! Manchester is my 4th choice, Napier is my first. So if I get a place at Manchester and Napier gives me one too then you can have my place at Manchester and ill go to napier! lol good luck!x

hahahaha awwh thank you :biggrin: xx
Has anyone thought what there going to do if they get rejected form all for 5 choices? I ready have three rejections so it isn't look that hopeful but I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Original post by danielle-louise
Has anyone heard off edge hill? I applied beginning of December, and getting anxious now!

I have an interview there for Feb 19th! But there's other interview days so they may be sending out invitations in batches. Don't worry, no news is good news!
Original post by livvmoore
I have an interview there for Feb 19th! But there's other interview days so they may be sending out invitations in batches. Don't worry, no news is good news!

I've heard no news is good news, when did you apply?
Original post by danielle-louise
I've heard no news is good news, when did you apply?

Beginning of November so they take their time!
Original post by taraxx
Hey has anyone heard from Manchester, Edinburgh Napier or Staffordshire..... I sent my application in early November and I'm starting to get really anxious :/

Heya, don't get anxious about this - remember that unis have until March 31st to get back to you so there's still plenty of time :smile: If you're really stressing you can give our admissions team a call to find out exactly what's going on.

Fingers crossed for you - let me know how you're getting on :smile:

Katie
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by a_m_y_p_
I applied to UWS too!xx good luck and hope you hear from the other 3 soon!

Thanks Amy! might see you at the UWS interviews hopefully x
Reply 450
Original post by Staffordshire University
Heya, don't get anxious about this - remember that unis have until Match 31st to get back to you so there's still plenty of time :smile: If you're really stressing you can give our admissions team a call to find out exactly what's going on.

Fingers crossed for you - let me know how you're getting on :smile:

Katie

yeah I might just do that :smile: it's just I've seen other ppl getting an offer already and they applied waaaay later than me so I just thought there could be a problem with my application or something..... but I will call see anyway :smile: xx
Reply 451
Original post by Wiggy410
Has anyone thought what there going to do if they get rejected form all for 5 choices? I ready have three rejections so it isn't look that hopeful but I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Yeah I dunno what I would do...... I've been rejected twice and then one is rechecking my application...... just waiting on two more to get back to but I kind of feel there is a small chance but I'm still going to have hope. The thought of being rejected from all is just devastating :frown:
But finger cross anyway :smile: Good luck with your other two unis :smile: xxz
Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who have got places already and good luck to everyone who is awaiting! Does anyone have an interview at Southampton Uni on Friday 15th? And this is a long shot but has anyone applied to the Postgraduate Diploma at Bournemouth Uni rather than the undergraduate course? I applied for the PGDip in early Nov and still awaiting to see if I have an interview or not?
Reply 453
Thanks Amy! might see you at the UWS interviews hopefully x

I'm not interviewing anyone
Reply 454
Original post by taraxx
Yeah I dunno what I would do...... I've been rejected twice and then one is rechecking my application...... just waiting on two more to get back to but I kind of feel there is a small chance but I'm still going to have hope. The thought of being rejected from all is just devastating :frown:
But finger cross anyway :smile: Good luck with your other two unis :smile: xxz

I got all 5 rejections last year and I've had a fantastic gap year! I finished my A levels and got the grades I needed and more so this year I'm applying with completed grades rather than predicted ones, I've started working on a maternity ward every Monday and have earned a lot of money at my current job. I'm also going travelling in May until September and this time round I got all 5 interviews compared to 1 last year. Gap years are nothing to be afraid of :smile: x
Reply 455
Original post by LC1996
I got all 5 rejections last year and I've had a fantastic gap year! I finished my A levels and got the grades I needed and more so this year I'm applying with completed grades rather than predicted ones, I've started working on a maternity ward every Monday and have earned a lot of money at my current job. I'm also going travelling in May until September and this time round I got all 5 interviews compared to 1 last year. Gap years are nothing to be afraid of :smile: x

Ohhh wow that amazing!! I guess taking a gap year and getting more experiences won't be that bad after all if I don't get in :smile: thank you and congratulations on getting all 5 interviews :biggrin: x
Reply 456
Original post by BKL18
York have given some interviews already, I applied in November and have one x

Shame I haven't heard anything but still time I guess. Good luck in the interview and the future x
Reply 457
A few Keele rejections went out yesterday before interview :/ making me nervous as my interview was about 6 weeks ago and I'm waiting not so patiently :s-smilie:
Original post by LC1996
A few Keele rejections went out yesterday before interview :/ making me nervous as my interview was about 6 weeks ago and I'm waiting not so patiently :s-smilie:

I still haven't heard a thing :/
Has anyone heard from nottingham??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending