The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

I think they might have booked out fast. I'm in Leeds so about 1.30 - 2 hours drive. Going up in the morning and going to explore all morning.

Excited/Nervous. Can't wait to just get it done.

Original post by HCAssistant93
I didn't realise afternoon slots were available I took the first one I saw that was one of the later dates and it's 11am. Good thing I live in Manchester so I'm not far out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neuronerd
I think they might have booked out fast. I'm in Leeds so about 1.30 - 2 hours drive. Going up in the morning and going to explore all morning.

Excited/Nervous. Can't wait to just get it done.

I'm excited too! What prep will you be doing?

Luckily it's my dad's day off work so he's said he's happy to drive me which is great and stress free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
I didn't realise afternoon slots were available I took the first one I saw that was one of the later dates and it's 11am. Good thing I live in Manchester so I'm not far out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think the later dates had 11am as the latest because I took that slow too. Lucky you live fairly close! I think I'm gonna be driving up from Oxford the night before
I'm excited too! What prep will you be doing?

Luckily it's my dad's day off work so he's said he's happy to drive me which is great and stress free

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend of mine also has interviews at liverpool and notts, plus we were HCAs together, took the gamsat together and she just got a phleb job like me. So we meet up regularly for coffee and to reflect on work experience and what we've learned about team work/compassion/ethics etc. Talking it over with someone so similar really helps.

Fingers crossed we both get offers together too. Would be so nice to go with a friend!
A friend of mine also has interviews at liverpool and notts, plus we were HCAs together, took the gamsat together and she just got a phleb job like me. So we meet up regularly for coffee and to reflect on work experience and what we've learned about team work/compassion/ethics etc. Talking it over with someone so similar really helps.

Fingers crossed we both get offers together too. Would be so nice to go with a friend!

That's really nice! That would work out lovely for you both.

Ye it's the ethics I'll read up on.
What's your thoughts on the strike action next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really nice! That would work out lovely for you both.

Ye it's the ethics I'll read up on.
What's your thoughts on the strike action next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1000% behind them. And thats as a current patient who will face disruption because of it. They need to fight tooth and nail to protect themselves and the future of the NHS
Original post by Sophia08
Apparently, they're sending out the interviews staggered over this week, so there is still hope for all of us who haven't got an interviews yet!
I keep having to change my voice every time I ring liverpool so they don't recognise it's the same annoying person calling again and again :/

Stagger invites over this week? As in either today or tomorrow?
I got the 1:30pm slot. So soon!

ahhh I'm at 2:30! it is so soon! nervous wreck :colone:
1000% behind them. And thats as a current patient who will face disruption because of it. They need to fight tooth and nail to protect themselves and the future of the NHS

I agree, it is so vital and important. At the same time I don't know if striking is the best option but in this circumstance I think it's the only choice they have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any news from anyone that didn't hear anything yesterday?
Original post by xangelspawnx
Any news from anyone that didn't hear anything yesterday?

No, haven't heard anything sadly :frown:
Just got a rejection via track saying: "You did not sit GAMSAT or your score for GAMSAT was not considered competitive as compared to other candidates."

but my gamsat score 64...i had the same problem with George's where they originally rejected me saying my gamsat score wasn't high enough because 64 is my gamsat ireland and gamsat uk i got 54...which is what i think they may have taken...oh dear
Original post by Sophia08
Just got a rejection via track saying: "You did not sit GAMSAT or your score for GAMSAT was not considered competitive as compared to other candidates."

but my gamsat score 64...i had the same problem with George's where they originally rejected me saying my gamsat score wasn't high enough because 64 is my gamsat ireland and gamsat uk i got 54...which is what i think they may have taken...oh dear

Did you email ucas/gamsag@ucas initially saying you wanted to use the Ireland score?

You had to email specific details, which is what I did, otherwise they automatically take the uk score which would be below cut off.

Maybe ring them and speak to them? No harm in asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Did you email ucas/gamsag@ucas initially saying you wanted to use the Ireland score?

You had to email specific details, which is what I did, otherwise they automatically take the uk score which would be below cut off.

Maybe ring them and speak to them? No harm in asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep i did that, and i double-checked with all the unis they had my results liverpool were the only uni who did not acknowledge my email or anything.
Gonna have to wait till Monday to ring them...just quite worried as they aren't handing out many interviews so not sure if they're going to be like well too bad
Just been rejected by Liverpool with 2:1 Biomed Science & 65 GAMSAT. Anyone understand their criteria?
Original post by lawdoxmd
Just been rejected by Liverpool with 2:1 Biomed Science & 65 GAMSAT. Anyone understand their criteria?

May I ask if you've sat the GAMSAT before and if yes, what was your score that time round?? Maybe they've taken that score?
Liverpool have a notoriously secret nethod for selecting, round one qualifications (2:1 plus 3xB a-level), round two a low gamsat cut off (55?), then round three where they consider your entire application particulary the personal statement.

if you log onto track and click on your application they give you a reason as to why they rejected you

I don't particulary understand either . I haven't received an interview offer with a score of 58 . At least with your score , hopefully you received invites from the other universities? Looks like I will be sitting GAMSAT again.
All those people with cut offs higher than the 55 it appears to be, I would firstly ring then on Monday morning and query it!

If you had two diff scores form two sittings and didn't declare which know you wanted to use they would automatically use the latest UK one.

They may have other secret criteria they don't mention and not just purely a gamsat cut off.

But if it were I would ring and ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending