The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smile88egc
Hi all,

Just wondering if physio students will also have their university bursaries scrapped under the new government plans?

Is anyone going to the protest march about it in London on Saturday?

No, and No
Original post by spshsha1
No, and No

From this site it looks like most healthcare students will be affected...including physio

http://www.councilofdeans.org.uk/2015/11/the-2015-spending-review-changes-to-nursing-midwifery-and-ahp-education-background-information-for-students/

Please read the article properly. Regarding the start date for the cuts
Please read the article properly. Regarding the start date for the cuts

Calm down, my question was if students will have bursaries scrapped, not if they have been scrapped already. Just wondered if there was any interest in protecting the bursaries that current applicants will enjoy, for the next generation of students.....but apparently not.
Calm down, my question was if students will have bursaries scrapped, not if they have been scrapped already. Just wondered if there was any interest in protecting the bursaries that current applicants will enjoy, for the next generation of students.....but apparently not.

I am very calm, I have answered your questions when others did not respond? You appear to already have known the answer and then showed a document which also answered your question yet proceeded to ask?

However relative to this year will this affect us? No.

Has there been any information in the documentation provided by the government to the public regarding bursary cuts for physiotherapy?
No

Has there been any information in the documentation provided by the government to the public regarding bursary cuts for nursing? Yes
Reply 625
Hi all,

Just wondering if physio students will also have their university bursaries scrapped under the new government plans?

Is anyone going to the protest march about it in London on Saturday?

I expect they will be cut eventually under the current government, and/or tuition fees! Unfortunately I can't make the march, are you going?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello! :smile: I applied to Brunel, Brighton, Oxford Brookes, Cardiff and St George's. Two interviews so far with Brunel and Brighton, I've had to take the latest dates possible in February because I live in Switzerland and it can be a bit tricky to get flights 😬

To anyone who's already done an interview for Brunel-- do I need to worry about the written tests they do in the morning?

Any other advice regarding interviews in general would be really lovely 😊 thank you and best of luck to everyone this year! x
Reply 628
Original post by mishroos
Hello! :smile: I applied to Brunel, Brighton, Oxford Brookes, Cardiff and St George's. Two interviews so far with Brunel and Brighton, I've had to take the latest dates possible in February because I live in Switzerland and it can be a bit tricky to get flights 😬

To anyone who's already done an interview for Brunel-- do I need to worry about the written tests they do in the morning?

Any other advice regarding interviews in general would be really lovely 😊 thank you and best of luck to everyone this year! x
Hi! I had an interview at Brunel last month and now I have an offer and it was honestly so relaxed and nothing to worry about!!! The staff are so welcoming as well so good luck! :smile:
guys has anyone requested an alternative interview date? i kind of need to for my UWE one but i'm worried as they say it can be hard to give one due to the number of applications!
Original post by stateofbecca9
guys has anyone requested an alternative interview date? i kind of need to for my UWE one but i'm worried as they say it can be hard to give one due to the number of applications!

Hi I've got to do the same problem with another uni as I've got a clash! I only got the offer yesterday so i will ring them on Monday, a bit worried though as they do say they may not be able to rearrange!
Original post by Lucytal
Hi I've got to do the same problem with another uni as I've got a clash! I only got the offer yesterday so i will ring them on Monday, a bit worried though as they do say they may not be able to rearrange!

Hello guys, they will offer you another interview I would imagine it will just be during their next batch. Don't panic the university like your application and want to see you so I'm sure they will!

Good luck!
Hello guys, they will offer you another interview I would imagine it will just be during their next batch. Don't panic the university like your application and want to see you so I'm sure they will!

Good luck!

Hopefully so! Thank you- good luck to you too!

Good luck!

Thanks! on the next page it asked for dates i'm not available, so hopefully they'll find one outside of that! good luck to you as well :smile:
Hi Trouble234

That's fantastic news that you got 3 offers! I have heard back from two universities so far and have got two interviews coming up. I was just wondering did you have to do a group interview, and if so what was that like? If you didn't can you tell me what your days consisted of?

Thanks
Tarkagirl

Original post by Trouble234
Hi all, I am also off to study physiotherapy this year. I applied to Bournemouth, Brighton, Teeside, Bristol, and Liverpool and got 4 interviews and 3 offers. If anyone wants any advice on any of these unis or the application process feel free to ask.
I have an interview at Bournemouth, so any help will be greatly appreciated

Tarkagirl

Original post by Trouble234
Anyone with interviews at UWE, Bournemouth, Brighton and/or Teeside feel free to message me and I can send you some practice interview questions. :smile:
Original post by tarkagirl
I have an interview at Bournemouth, so any help will be greatly appreciated

Tarkagirl

when did you send your application in?
Hi,

I think it was Decemeber 7th. Have you heard from any unis yet?
mines about the same.. I've heard from UWE but none of the others which is freaking me out..! Did your unis give a log in for their website to see your messages about applications? I'm worried as I've lost a couple of my usernames they gave me so panicking that it might be on there- but i'd have had an email too about any offers anyway right? my hope lies in the actual deadline being the 15th and that I haven't had any rejections..?!
Don't worry, I've heard back from two universities! I know a lot of universities are waiting to have all the on time applications before making decisions.
I applied for Cardiff, Manchester Met, Bournemouth, Oxford Brookes and Plymouth and out of those I have been given a log in from Bournemouth and Cardiff!
Yeah you should get an email from either UCAS track or an email from the university regarding your application.
I know exactly what you mean, the whole waiting game is so scary and exhausting! Just keep hope and you'll do fantastic!
Hope this has helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending