The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nanodae
Thank you, will bring a photo too.
Ooh, never knew of a 2nd reference was needed. My class all needed one by our teacher and I was never informed by anyone for more than 1.
(e) I thought we were meant to add 2 on UCAS but seems not the case, so I'll bring my emloyer details as a reference. phew, thought I'd filled the application incorrectly.

Don't sweat it, it seems that all uni's are different, but you will need a second at some point.
Original post by Nanodae
been offered my first adult nursing interview for Northampton! 30th Jan.
anyone been to theirs? how did you find it?
I wasn't emailed about it, only track updated so not sure if I am expected to bring anything? odd..

Hi it should say on the interview letter on UCAS :smile:
Original post by laylaaa_xx
Hi it should say on the interview letter on UCAS :smile:

It didn't mention anything on that letter :s-smilie: But exactly 24 hours to the minute I received interview offer on track, I got an email though with all the details :smile: thanks.
Hello everyone. How are your application going so far?
I have been already rejected by two universities (MDX and GREENWICH).
However I have received an assessment for Maths and English at London South Bank.
Has anyone been to the Maths assessment?
Help! I'm panicking 😫😫 If I fail this I only have two left.
Nursing ain't easy at all lol
Original post by Anitadonkor
Hello everyone. How are your application going so far?
I have been already rejected by two universities (MDX and GREENWICH).
However I have received an assessment for Maths and English at London South Bank.
Has anyone been to the Maths assessment?
Help! I'm panicking 😫😫 If I fail this I only have two left.
Nursing ain't easy at all lol

Hi maths assessments usually include basic maths e.g. adding, subtracting, percentages, fractions, units etc. You should be fine hopefully I'd just look over the basic stuff you did at GCSE :smile: Ive been offerred a place at Wolverhampton on the City campus so should be going there next year which I'm happy about! Hopefully all goes well for you! 🙏 :smile:
Has anyone applied to York? If so have you heard back? I applied a month ago, still waiting for either a rejection or an interview !
Could anyone let me know when they hear of UOB or have heard already with a similar interview date to mine? I had an interview on the 9th of Dec and am still waiting to hear back. Thanks :smile:
Original post by safiyyah98
Really? What did they ask in the interview? Also how long after you sent your application did you hear back? When was your interview?

I had my interview at the start of november and sent my application of end of october. I heard from them the day I applied. The interview was really relaxed and they made you feel comfortable. It was just normal questions you would expect. as long as your prepared and know about nursing and why you want to be a nurse then youll be fine. let your passion show :smile:
Original post by topdot12
I had my interview at the start of november and sent my application of end of october. I heard from them the day I applied. The interview was really relaxed and they made you feel comfortable. It was just normal questions you would expect. as long as your prepared and know about nursing and why you want to be a nurse then youll be fine. let your passion show :smile:

Ahh I see, still haven't heard back from BCU. i applied in December, I hope I hear back soon. How many people interviewed you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone going to the protest march in London this Saturday? Against the conservative government scrapping bursaries for nursing students?
OMG there's a protest !
No, are you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied to Kings College London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Southampton and Glasgow.
Has anyone heard from any of these yet?
Hi has anyone heard back from Bedfordshire yet I submitted my certificates as requested back in November and still haven't heard anything back from them! 😔
Original post by safiyyah98
Ahh I see, still haven't heard back from BCU. i applied in December, I hope I hear back soon. How many people interviewed you?

2 people. 3 questions each
has anyone had one of these? x
Thank you for attending your interview for BSc (Hons) and MA Nursing: RN Mental Health Interview (B760/B769M) on 06 Jan 2016 01:00 PM GMT. Because of the popularity of this course, the University operates a ‘gathered field’ procedure whereby all or some of the applications received between September and the 15 January UCAS deadline will be held until all have been received and assessed. This means that a decision may not be given regarding your application until May, when the interviews for on-time applicants are complete. Please keep reviewing UCAS Track for updates on the outcome of your interview
I know Bournemouth are telling people at interview that they may not hear until March for the same reason. Think they may make a few exceptions if you are really strong or really awful though but most go into the gathered field.
Original post by crazycrazy
Hi has anyone heard back from Bedfordshire yet I submitted my certificates as requested back in November and still haven't heard anything back from them! 😔

I sent my documents to them in November too and they sent a confirmation email 23rd of December. I got an invite to interview today.
My friend also applied but sent documents in December, got confirmation same date as me but not yet interview. I think they're slowly working their way though the hundreds who responded.
Original post by Shak123455
OMG there's a protest !
No, are you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes the protest starts at midday tomorrow at St Thomas' Hospital in London, against the cut's to nursing and midwifery student bursaries.

I can't go because I'm working, but there's the doctors strike on Tuesday to go to too! Tell the government it's not OK to keep cutting the NHS!
Hi! To those applying for Teesside - how long did it take from you sending your application to getting an interview offer? Thank youuu =)
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Hi! To those applying for Teesside - how long did it take from you sending your application to getting an interview offer? Thank youuu =)

I went for an interview back in December and was told i may not hear back till feb/march time ! :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending