The Student Room Group

Whats your biggest issue youre facing atm at university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mumford & Dragons
Like the title suggests, mention your biggest problem at uni so far. You could be 1st years,2nd or even 3rd.

i am currently 2nd year and my biggest issue/problem is friends. Especially with the course I am taking, there a little..nerdy? ! I would class them as friends but not best friends to hand out over the weekend or go pub etc. Still wondering if I will find anyone that has similar interests to me at my Uni or if I just need to grind through 2 more years?

I'm a 2nd year law student and my biggest issue right now is....EXAMS !!

There is so much to do with so little time !!!
Reply 61
Keeping my pre-uni relationships strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Getting more involved at uni.

Also, passing my modules! I'm having issues with 2 in particular, the rest are the standard that I want them to be. :s-smilie:
Oh well, still time left!
Commuting.
I just can't be asked sometimes and I don't even want to get started with 9am lectures
Of the 10 Fridays I have in this term, I have deadlines on 7 of them. In several cases, I have more than one deadline.

People tell stories about final year, but you don't really believe it until you get there.
Reply 65
Not many friends at uni.

But I have too many coursework deadlines to be making friends :frown:

The struggle is real
Lack of motivation, health, lack of friends, feeling guilty for relaxing, boring lecturers when the subject is my passion, classes so big lecturers don't know you well, lack of anyone to actually be passionate about my course with. Not drinking or clubbing at uni doesn't work and it's not going to change on my part.
Motivation. Im remembering all the reasons why I enjoyed work and hated school. Really want to get my 3 year B-Eng but strongly considering finishing my HNC and going no further, at least for a few years.
Reply 68
Original post by Sylar2010
Lack of motivation, health, lack of friends, feeling guilty for relaxing, boring lecturers when the subject is my passion, classes so big lecturers don't know you well, lack of anyone to actually be passionate about my course with. Not drinking or clubbing at uni doesn't work and it's not going to change on my part.

why did you decide to not drink/go clubbing at uni? i'm going to uni next year and i am not too keen on clubbing either >.< i'm really worried that i won't be able to make friends because of that
Original post by fluffbun
why did you decide to not drink/go clubbing at uni? i'm going to uni next year and i am not too keen on clubbing either >.< i'm really worried that i won't be able to make friends because of that

Because I don't drink or go clubbing it's not what I do for fun. I should add I'm a mature student of 24 but I haven't ever drank or been to a club in my life... My uni was supposedly really good for non-drinkers don't fall for that line... very isolated from my mature flatmates in halls as I don't drink... we literally do nothing together one of them has moved, another will be moving and a third out of the 5 of us might go too. Honestly I wish I could say it will be fine... but I read all the posts on here saying it would and it's just not true at my Manchester Uni no one seems to do anything but drink and go clubbing.....
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 70
My biggest problem at uni is...oh wait... I'm a resit :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Hang in there buddy, you got this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm worried about the assignments that I have handed in and how I have a lack of love life at uni. My confidence has always been naturally low but I'm relatively happy with my housemates. And finding suitable placements and money issues
I am a 2nd year law student and my biggest problem is self doubt.

i am doubting my choice over a legal career and wondering if i should switch paths once I graduate. i was naive to what was involved with a legal career and never really signed up for a desk job.

i love law, but not the lawyer aspect ....
Original post by AthiaKarim
and I don't even want to get started with 9am lectures

Omg I've only been to 1 this whole first term (and it was in the very last week of term) ! Last year i only went to a total of 5 :lol:
Original post by evalilyXOX
I am a 2nd year law student and my biggest problem is self doubt.

i am doubting my choice over a legal career and wondering if i should switch paths once I graduate. i was naive to what was involved with a legal career and never really signed up for a desk job.

i love law, but not the lawyer aspect ....

have you worked at a firm yet? It might change your mind :smile:
Original post by trapking
have you worked at a firm yet? It might change your mind :smile:

Yes i have, and thats what put me off haha !
Original post by evalilyXOX
Yes i have, and thats what put me off haha !

What didn't you enjoy about it? Too much desk based? Boring?....I'm the same tbh except I haven't worked as a real life engineer yet (but I am about to so shortly we'll see :redface: ).
2nd year. Finding an Internship. Proving to be a major issue lol
Original post by trapking
What didn't you enjoy about it? Too much desk based? Boring?....I'm the same tbh except I haven't worked as a real life engineer yet (but I am about to so shortly we'll see :redface: ).

I think I always had this plan that i wanted to be more of a courtroom lawyer as my passion for debating and public speaking was the reason why I chose the degree.

However, I have come to realise that the types of law that I enjoy/excel in are mostly litigation heavy and desk jobs.

If i had wanted a desk job then I wouldn't have pursued the degree in the first place.

I think that is where my problem lies.

I was able to take an optional extra credit course in 1st year and I chose forensic medicine. I absolutely adored the course and it made me realise that i had this immense interest in human anatomy and physiology which I had never been able to explore whilst in school.

Over the past few months I haven't been able to get forensic medicine out of my head and i think it has just confused things further for me.

Quick Reply

Latest