The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Surprised we haven't also recalled Wisdom considering he's not playing either.

Yes, one does need to question the wisdom of leaving out a player who has PL experience.

Wonder if Ilori can make it for tonight's game.

Unsure if any of these returnees can play tonight, don't they have to be registered a week before? :confused:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Yes, one does need to question the wisdom of leaving out a player who has PL experience.

Unsure if any of these returnees can play tonight, don't they have to be registered a week before? :confused:

Hmm not sure

Benteke might have an injury too now..? Not seen anything reliable yet though.
Original post by Mackay
I'd rather we saw Kent and Ojo than Teixeira or Chirivella, for instance.

Teixeira did a whole season (maybe 18 months?) in the lower leagues.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Teixeira did a whole season (maybe 18 months?) in the lower leagues.

But he hasn't this season, whereas Kent/Ojo/Stewart have.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35264809

Luis Suarez has been banned for two matches for his part in a scuffle between Barcelona and Espanyol players after their Spanish Cup tie.

Never injured but forever getting banned..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35264809

Luis Suarez has been banned for two matches for his part in a scuffle between Barcelona and Espanyol players after their Spanish Cup tie.

Never injured but forever getting banned..

Read a decent article with Dagenham's captain ahead of their FA Cup third round tie this weekend. He has been banned twice for biting, too. The Suarez gene is far-reaching, it seems...
It means Chelsea's wage bill was the highest of all the Premier League clubs at £215.6m, compared with £190m a year earlier.

Manchester United came second with a £203m wage bill, Manchester City third on £193.8m and Arsenal fourth on £192m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35262190

Surprised that Man City's wages aren't higher? Although these figures will be at least 6 months out of date.
Reply 3347

Don't think you have to be registered at all for FA Cup. I'm pretty sure you can only play for one team per season though, so if any of them played in the cup whilst out on loan then they will be ineligible. Hopefully we haven't overlooked that and the players we are recalling are actually able to play.
Reply 3348
Surprised we haven't also recalled Wisdom considering he's not playing either.

Wonder if Ilori can make it for tonight's game.

Iirc, recall clauses aren't allowed between PL clubs, so we can only recall if they agree to it. He's been out injured and he was getting game time beforehand, so he's presumably still needed for cover/rotation. It's a different situation to Ilori where he was clearly never going to get a chance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
But he hasn't this season, whereas Kent/Ojo/Stewart have.

Your argument is that the likes of Chirivella are more sheltered and would fail against a team of 'men' playing more agricultural lower league football, and I said that Teixeira has already played and exceeded in lower league football (to a high standard than any of Kent, Ojo and Stewart).
Original post by cBay
Iirc, recall clauses aren't allowed between PL clubs, so we can only recall if they agree to it. He's been out injured and he was getting game time beforehand, so he's presumably still needed for cover/rotation. It's a different situation to Ilori where he was clearly never going to get a chance.

In mind head Wisdom was still at WBA and not getting any game time. Need to catch up and realise its 2016 and he's at Norwich now. Yea can't see Norwich cancelling it since they would need another RB to replace him.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-team-news-tiago-10704169

Ilori likely to start tonight.

Both players' return had to be registered with the FA by midday today in order for them to play tonight and Liverpool have beaten that deadline.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-team-news-tiago-10704169
Bogdan, Randall, Enrique, Smith, Ilori, Brannagan, Stewart, Kent, Teixeira, Sinclair, Benteke

Subs: Fulton, Lallana, Lucas, Ojo, Maguire, Chirivella, Masterson
Bogdan, Randall, Enrique, Smith, Ilori, Brannagan, Stewart, Kent, Teixeira, Sinclair, Benteke

EDIT: Damn again.
Benteke captain, and we have a CB on the bench! Masterson.
(edited 8 years ago)
Connor Masterson, 17 year old ROI international, seems to get the praise on twitter.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow everyone but Benteke rested :colondollar:
I genuinely thought that lineup was the Exeter team when I first saw it.

Just smacks of ignorance tbh, a lot like when Van Gaal played the kids against MK Dons in his first lower league game. I know you've got a lot of injuries but to not even have the likes of Firmino, Ibe, Milner, Can, Clyne, Mignolet on the bench is a bit disrespectful.
Reply 3358
Klopp admits he's not seen some of them play before (even on video).
Original post by sr90
I genuinely thought that lineup was the Exeter team when I first saw it.

Just smacks of ignorance tbh, a lot like when Van Gaal played the kids against MK Dons in his first lower league game. I know you've got a lot of injuries but to not even have the likes of Firmino, Ibe, Milner, Can, Clyne, Mignolet on the bench is a bit disrespectful.

Ibe is injured, guess the rest are getting rested.

Latest