The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

We'll beat West Brom tomorrow........................hopefully
Original post by The Wavefunction
Is the rotating 7 high class forwards some form of sick joke? I'd give up a testicle for any of the first 4 you've listed.
Just don't see why Derby felt the need to spend 3 million on a forward that'll warm the bench.

Maybe I've been spoilt by our recruitment but I wouldn't call all of them high class.

Bent's past it, Weimann's painfully average on the wing and Russell is all graft and no real quality. We desperately needed at least one player to come in opposite Ince and improve us. Hopefully Blackman or the unknown quantity of Camara can do that.
Original post by Scott129
Maybe I've been spoilt by our recruitment but I wouldn't call all of them high class.

Bent's past it, Weimann's painfully average on the wing and Russell is all graft and no real quality. We desperately needed at least one player to come in opposite Ince and improve us. Hopefully Blackman or the unknown quantity of Camara can do that.

Hence, why I said the first 4!:wink: I've liked Russell whenever I've seen him, but can't say I've watched him on a consistent basis. Ince is class at this level, and Martin is annoyingly good at scoring goals.
Hence, why I said the first 4!:wink: I've liked Russell whenever I've seen him, but can't say I've watched him on a consistent basis. Ince is class at this level, and Martin is annoyingly good at scoring goals.

Nah, you said you'd sell your testicle for the first 4. You referred to all 7 as high class haha.
Coventry sign Joe Cole, Peter Ramage and Stephen Hunt in one week.
Enfield Town today, tough game, plus one of the fan favourites for last year is now their main striker.

One of our academy players also signed for Norwich City. Big achievement for the club.
Would be interested to know how the rest of us football league club supporters rank a god cup run.

Do you see it as an unwelcome distraction from the main aim, promotion? Or would you love a cup run, even though it's likely to deter from promotion?
Would be interested to know how the rest of us football league club supporters rank a god cup run.

Do you see it as an unwelcome distraction from the main aim, promotion? Or would you love a cup run, even though it's likely to deter from promotion?

As a Bradford fan I love a cup run, it great going away or home to the big boys and recently we have done well. Personally I think it goes both ways depending on the players a cup can also increase players confidence to play better in the league.

Hope we can do bury today
Original post by Mackay

Yeh yeer a club thats going places! Hopefully yeell get promoted!

As for Wolves...weve sold our best player whilst our second best is injuired..and our homesick uncapped 17yr old is our only option.
Great goal from Butterfield at Hartlepool today, to deny them a replay at Pride Park. Derby win 2-1. Doncaster were unlucky not to get anything from Stoke, too.

How Birmingham didn't force a replay - or even win it - with the amount of chances they had at St. Andrews against Bournemouth, I'll never know.
Original post by Mackay

Mowbray hoping to set up an old person's home? Joking aside I think this is all about keeping the younger heads in the team focussed on seeing out these remaining 20 games without too many slip ups. Really hope we can keep Cole on as a coach.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
The upset will be is if we beat Wycombe.

Very ugly scenes after that game. Gardé must be wishing he could still be in sunny France.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Southend need to pul their finger out otherwise their good work will come undone. They've had an exceptional start to life in the third tier, and it would be a shame to see that end due to a lack of momentum and a bit of a rut.
Anyone see Tranmere's remarkable comeback against Barrow being 3-1 down in stoppage time and ending up winning 4-3.
Original post by Mackay

Original post by Midlander
Mowbray hoping to set up an old person's home? Joking aside I think this is all about keeping the younger heads in the team focussed on seeing out these remaining 20 games without too many slip ups. Really hope we can keep Cole on as a coach.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, some good business. I don't think Cole has much to give as a player but in the dressing will bring lots of experience.

I like Hunt, he should take over from Kent and hopefully adds some goals behind the strikers.

I'm not a big fan of Ramage but Reda is a huge loss and we need another big CB to fill his boots and add experience to the back line. Charles-Cook has been a bit shaky recently but I like his distribution.
Very ugly scenes after that game. Gardé must be wishing he could still be in sunny France.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't pleasant at all, I mean fair enough chanting you're not fit to wear the shirt, but some fans went way too far yesterday.

I like FA cup, I was at West Brom yesterday with 5,300 City fans, however we only have 17 squad players so having more games is a slight problem lol
Well done Oxford! Extremely deserved. A great goal to put them 2-1 up against Swansea, and an incisive breakaway move sealed it for them.
Original post by Rock Fan
It wasn't pleasant at all, I mean fair enough chanting you're not fit to wear the shirt, but some fans went way too far yesterday.

I don't get it. Pulling Wycombe back for the replay was a hell of a result. Maybe they were annoyed Garde didn't share the champers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't get it. Pulling Wycombe back for the replay was a hell of a result. Maybe they were annoyed Garde didn't share the champers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well we should have put them away but we really struggled, think that's what their anger is plus the frustration the way the club is going in general.

Quick Reply

Latest