The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shadowsfear
I went for an interview back in December and was told i may not hear back till feb/march time ! :s

Congrats on the interview :smile: - is Teesside your first choice? I only sent my application this week but it would be great to know when most people heard back for an interview x
Original post by Luce0506
Has anyone else got an offer for adult at UEA :biggrin: ? X

What was the interview like?
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Congrats on the interview :smile: - is Teesside your first choice? I only sent my application this week but it would be great to know when most people heard back for an interview x

thanks :smile: nope, it's my 4th choice but good luck with your application!
Hi I've got an interview for uws (university of the west of Scotland) and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what to expect at the interview process?? Ive seen people speak about MMI?
Original post by 11hop2it
Hi I've got an interview for uws (university of the west of Scotland) and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what to expect at the interview process?? Ive seen people speak about MMI?

Congrats! I've also applied for UWS but not heard anything yet. When did you apply? Well done though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessgravett
has anyone had one of these? x
Thank you for attending your interview for BSc (Hons) and MA Nursing: RN Mental Health Interview (B760/B769M) on 06 Jan 2016 01:00 PM GMT. Because of the popularity of this course, the University operates a ‘gathered field’ procedure whereby all or some of the applications received between September and the 15 January UCAS deadline will be held until all have been received and assessed. This means that a decision may not be given regarding your application until May, when the interviews for on-time applicants are complete. Please keep reviewing UCAS Track for updates on the outcome of your interview

i got this
Original post by CaitlinN15
Congrats! I've also applied for UWS but not heard anything yet. When did you apply? Well done though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied on Tuesday as my reference was only sent then and heard yesterday. Good Luck im sure you will hear soon.
Original post by 11hop2it
I applied on Tuesday as my reference was only sent then and heard yesterday. Good Luck im sure you will hear soon.

Ah I applied on 16th October :frown: yeah hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone known about mdx uni maths and english assessment and if calculator is allowed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone, I have just received an offer from Manchester metropolitan to study adult nursing in September 2016. I'm ecstatic as it was my first choice so I will be firming it! Would be nice to hear from anyone else who has received an offer from here, I'm so excited :smile: good luck to everyone who has received interviews xx
Original post by Nanodae
I sent my documents to them in November too and they sent a confirmation email 23rd of December. I got an invite to interview today.
My friend also applied but sent documents in December, got confirmation same date as me but not yet interview. I think they're slowly working their way though the hundreds who responded.

Oh okay. Mine had to be submitted by the 9th December which they were as I rang them up to confirm if they had received them. But nothing since. The waiting is getting harder
Original post by Suzie_x
Does anyone known about mdx uni maths and english assessment and if calculator is allowed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been invited to their numeracy and literacy tests for the 20th Jan, email asks me to bring a calculator :smile:
Hey mine is the 30th Jan Good luck
Right I didn't see the calculator bit
Original post by Suzie_x
Hey mine is the 30th Jan Good luck
Right I didn't see the calculator bit

Thank you, I wish you luck too ^^
Just a reminder to those hoping to / are starting at Leeds Beckett in September we have a little group and would love you to join!https://m.facebook.com/groups/733926023416694?ref=bookmarks
Hiya,

Can anyone help me please? I am really finding it difficult to find recent news about the NHS. I have found one article where change for life are asking parents to download their sugar app,where they can scan the bar code to see how much sugar their child is consuming.

Apart from that I cannot find any other news that is 'recent' as it is all from last year! Will this be ok or not? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :smile: xxx
Branch: Uni(s) - Adult Nursing
applying to:LSBU, Greenwich, Kings possibly Kingston.
Relevant experience/extra info: Worked for NHS 111, In operating theatre as a Theatre Support Worker
Hi has anyone applied at the above Universities and has an offer or can let me know what to expect what I should do to prepare myself as I really want to get in for this years cycle. I'm starting to look at the 6C and current issues in the NHS but I think I was just going to use the scrapping of the bursary- is that okay? Thanks in advance x
Original post by eclecticfemale
Branch: Uni(s) - Adult Nursing
applying to:LSBU, Greenwich, Kings possibly Kingston.
Relevant experience/extra info: Worked for NHS 111, In operating theatre as a Theatre Support Worker
Hi has anyone applied at the above Universities and has an offer or can let me know what to expect what I should do to prepare myself as I really want to get in for this years cycle. I'm starting to look at the 6C and current issues in the NHS but I think I was just going to use the scrapping of the bursary- is that okay? Thanks in advance x

Hi
I've applied to LSBU, City, Surrey, Kings and Kingston with the latter two being my top choices. I've received interview invites from all five and have so far been to interview at Kingston, where I have received an offer and Kings on the 7th January and am waiting on their decision. The other three interviews are next month. Both interviews consisted of numeracy and literacy tests then MMI's. Neither consisted of specific questions on NHS issues but rather questions and scenarios to measure your qualities and if they match up to those looked for in a nurse.
Basically if you have a passion for caring and know the good and bad sides of a career in nursing then that's all the prep you can do!
Hope this helps.
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hiya,

Can anyone help me please? I am really finding it difficult to find recent news about the NHS. I have found one article where change for life are asking parents to download their sugar app,where they can scan the bar code to see how much sugar their child is consuming.

Apart from that I cannot find any other news that is 'recent' as it is all from last year! Will this be ok or not? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :smile: xxx

Scrapping of the bursary, staff shortages, changing needs of patients.....
The Francis Report is another thing to look at.
The Nursing Times website has some articles that can be accessed without subscription.
Hope this helps.
Received a conditional offer from Sheffield Hallam, but I've already achieved the grades :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest