The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seasoning
Which school do you guys think have a better reputation or just has a better law department- Bristol or Queen Mary's?

Bristol, ofc. It is an amazing law school and one of the most reputable in the UK. It is among the first unis for law career prospects.
On the other hand, QM is an 'average' law school compared to Bristol. Nevertheless, it is not a bad one, too.
Posted from TSR Mobile
League tables place QMUL a lot higher than Bristol for Law so to say its an average law school is unfair
I had a Warwick offer in November (sat LNAT in Oct.) Still waiting for York and Bristol...anyone heard from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seasoning
Which school do you guys think have a better reputation or just has a better law department- Bristol or Queen Mary's?

Bristol without doubt has the historic edge but Queen Mary's certainly are investing to move up to the position that would actually match their entry requirements.

I'm still waiting for an offer from Bristol which I will firm and already have one from QMUL which will be my insurance
Original post by mumollypolly
I applied for Nottingham law as well. Submitted my application before the LNAT and took the LNAT afterwards on Dec 1 so that was when my application was completed. How long did it take for them to reply? Thank you

I applied on the 26th of November, took the LNAT on the 9th of December and received my offer from Nottingham on the 16th. Good luck!!!
Original post by MHussainAli
Posted from TSR Mobile
League tables place QMUL a lot higher than Bristol for Law so to say its an average law school is unfair

Definitely agree that league tables (especially the Guardian) place QMUL quite high. It really is a good university and counts as one of the top unis. However, league tables are based on many factors (not only career prospects) like 'students satisfied with feedback' and so on...For that reason, QMUL is placed higher than Bristol. Some students just take surveys too seriously :biggrin:
I firmly believe that 'good' unis are those targeted by top employers in the UK and worldwide. I will add a link where you can see 'destinations of graduates of some different universities'. Overall, I could be clearly seen that Bristol is the third most targeted uni in the country by law firms. :smile: http://d1d1tdqerevjwu.cloudfront.net/resources/2013/What_is_a_good_university.pdf
However, such surveys should not be taken too seriously. The most important thing is to be happy at the university you choose and achieve good results. :smile:
Just received an offer from durham, so I'm very relieved! Will definitely ease the pain from the inevitable cambridge rejection haha
Well done!!! Can I ask what you got at gcse please? What was the interview like?
Original post by arian66
Just received an offer from durham, so I'm very relieved! Will definitely ease the pain from the inevitable cambridge rejection haha

Congrats! May I asks what you got at gcse
Received offers from: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, and I only have 1A 2B'S and a C at AS!

Rejected from: KCL

Made up to my careers teacher I had various circumstances.. family members died, had depression etc. during my exams lol, so worth it! LSE here I come!!
Sent off to Nottingham,Leicester, Liverpool, Aston (Birmingham), and Birmingham. I have 4 offers all Law.
How did you manage to receive offers from both Oxford and Cambridge when UCAS only allows you to apply to only one of them?
It's a joke
Original post by crocface
How did you manage to receive offers from both Oxford and Cambridge when UCAS only allows you to apply to only one of them?
Well done, may I ask what you got a at gcse please
Original post by trad1998
I had a Warwick offer in November (sat LNAT in Oct.) Still waiting for York and Bristol...anyone heard from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crocface

My thoughts, exactly!!!
Original post by oli19919
Congrats! May I asks what you got at gcse

sure, 8A*'s and 3A's! have you applied there?
Original post by arian66
sure, 8A*'s and 3A's! have you applied there?

I want to do law, hopefully at a uni such as durham, and im doing my gcses in May this year so was Jw what sort of gcses the successful applicants have haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
I want to do law, hopefully at a uni such as durham, and im doing my gcses in May this year so was Jw what sort of gcses the successful applicants have haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

well good luck for when you do!:smile:
Original post by arian66
well good luck for when you do!:smile:

Thank you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there still a lot of people who haven't received either an offer or a rejection from KCL? I sent my UCAS in October and haven't heard anything yet. I'm getting worried, especially after seeing so many people getting offers

Latest

Trending

Trending