The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone International? After reading through the posts, I would've thought my BMAT was enough to net an interview or at least the next round, but still haven't got anything :s-smilie:
interview booked fro 7th March! anyone else ?
Original post by christinedona

When did you receive the interview invitation and what's your BMAT score?
Original post by christinedona

9th mate
Original post by MedStudent1997
Mine is at 16:40 too! See you there :smile: Are you attending the tour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I plan to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarimaKauser

See you there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys do you know what the lowest is in section 2 to be interviewed yet? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Yazmin123
guys do you know what the lowest is in section 2 to be interviewed yet? Thanks :smile:

4.5 i think :smile:

I think it was last year's at 4.4 cut-off for lowest band for S2. Although, looking at the even lower distributions of this year's scores, I would hazard a guess that the cut-offs would be around 0.1pt lower for S1 and S2. Obviously we don't know for sure yet though.

Although a select few in the widening participation band will have been interviewed with lower than that.
Original post by Cadherin
I think it was last year's at 4.4 cut-off for lowest band for S2. Although, looking at the even lower distributions of this year's scores, I would hazard a guess that the cut-offs would be around 0.1pt lower for S1 and S2. Obviously we don't know for sure yet though.

Although a select few in the widening participation band will have been interviewed with lower than that.

So if you haven't been sent a rejection does that mean that you can assume you've met the cut off point??
So if you haven't been sent a rejection does that mean that you can assume you've met the cut off point??

Sadly not - it appears if they still haven't sent out mass rejections for those that met the cut off. So annoying, I highly doubt my S3 (2A) has met it.
Sadly not - it appears if they still haven't sent out mass rejections for those that met the cut off. So annoying, I highly doubt my S3 (2A) has met it.

ah me too i got 4.3 in S2 :frown:(
ah me too i got 4.3 in S2 :frown:(

I reckon 4.3 will make the cut-off Yazmin - looking at the distribution of this year's scores compared to 2014, the skews are even more positive so I would say perhaps 4.2 and 4.3 in S1 and S2 might just make it?

Tbh, the essay has never gone below 2.3B, so I'm not hopeful with 2A, unless I'm really really lucky.
(edited 8 years ago)
I reckon 4.3 will make the cut-off Yazmin - looking at the distribution of this year's scores compared to 2014, the skews are even more positive so I would say perhaps 4.2 and 4.3 in S1 and S2 might just make it?

Tbh, the essay has never gone below 2.3B, so I'm not hopeful with 2A, unless I'm really really lucky.

Ah thanks that makes me feel much better but i won't keep my hopes too high!
I'm really sorry to hear that did you get it remarked? The cut offs are very frustrating especially if you banged out the other two sections- have you got any other interviews yet?
Ah thanks that makes me feel much better but i won't keep my hopes too high!
I'm really sorry to hear that did you get it remarked? The cut offs are very frustrating especially if you banged out the other two sections- have you got any other interviews yet?

Yep, and S1 went from 4.5 to 9.0 (like wtf?!) (must've been a clerical error), S2 stayed at 4.5 and S3 stayed at 2A.

I did want to appeal the essay but to no avail.

How about you?
Yep, and S1 went from 4.5 to 9.0 (like wtf?!) (must've been a clerical error), S2 stayed at 4.5 and S3 stayed at 2A.

How about you?

yeah mine are pretty bog standard nothing amazing at all 4.5, 4.3, 3.5A it was expected anyway :")

How about you?

And WOW you got a 9 in section 1 after a remark!!!! OMG
And WOW you got a 9 in section 1 after a remark!!!! OMG

I don't know what happened there. I think it was a probably a clerical error in submitting my marks.

I was expecting a 7.0 in S1 in all honesty, got 4.5 on results day. Was surprised, so sent it all back and S1 of all sections went up. xD

If anything, I thought it'd be the essay.
Reply 678
Original post by StrugglingPupil
I chose my interview 2nd March, as they give out offers fairly soon after interviews, will I be disadvantaged?:frown:

I chose 2nd of march too!!
and nope you will not be disadvantaged :smile:
I have my interview on Tuesday but I've completely forgotten how to do interviews as my last one was a month ago lol

Anyone have some last minute advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending