The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JohnGreek
Haven't heard anything either :3

same
Original post by fckinfightme
I applied on the 26th of November, took the LNAT on the 9th of December and received my offer from Nottingham on the 16th. Good luck!!!

I'm just worried that they may not have my LNAT scores and I want them to have it before the deadline... Apart from filling in your LNAT ID on your UCAS application and ticking the schools when applying for the LNAT, did you do anything else? Thanks
Original post by fs1
got an offer for from oriel college oxford. still find it so weird that they ask for AAA when unis like UCL, KCL and QMUL ask for higher than oxford. but still waiting to here back from UCL.

I find this weird too. My only theory is that by interviewing you + using the LNAT, they are already confident in your abilities, so somewhat "reward" you by giving an easier offer.

Whereas other unis that don't use interviews have less information to make offers/rejections, so giving out higher offers is a safer bet. Garauntees a certain quality of candidate.
Rejected from ucl, still waiting for Bristol Nottingham and kcl, devastated
Original post by dfradkin

So sorry to hear that :frown: UCL seem to be ruthless... Hope you get to your second choice (if UCL was your first one).
When did you apply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry I did too. But got offers from Leeds Exeter and then Birmingham which is LNAT. My favourite is Bristol but still waiting for them!
Everything is meant for a reason :smile:
Original post by Bobkata
So sorry to hear that :frown: UCL seem to be ruthless... Hope you get to your second choice (if UCL was your first one).
When did you apply ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

KCL is my first. I got rejected based on LNAT, so not so confident now as all those are LNAT unis...
Applied Nov 4, sat LNAT Oct 26
Practised so much for LNAT but on the day my confidence went down the drain
KCL is my first. I got rejected based on LNAT, so not so confident now as all those are LNAT unis...
Applied Nov 4, sat LNAT Oct 26
Practised so much for LNAT but on the day my confidence went down the drain

No need to be nervous about it. Everything in life happens for a reason! Other unis don't put so much emphasis on the LNAT like UCL. I am sure you have a strong application and you will get into your other choices :smile:
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata
No need to be nervous about it. Everything in life happens for a reason! Other unis don't put so much emphasis on the LNAT like UCL. I am sure you have a strong application and you will get into your other choices :smile:
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. But King's does as well I heard
I think I saw somewhere that UCL and King's have the same MCQ average score for their offer holders - it was 25/42 a couple of years ago. However, King's uses the LNAT MCQ as a minimum cut-off point, whereas UCL tends to focus more on the essay... Don't take my word for it - browse the LNAT threads here and see what people are saying :smile:

I emailed them before and they said that if you score below 26, you are 'unlikely to be offered a place'
Ouch. Was this King's or UCL?

King's :|
For people that applied to UCL, What were your AS grades?
Hi Guys,

I have offers from Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham and Liverpool to study Law and German next year. Waiting to hear back from UCL. AS Grades - 4 As.

Anyone here an Oriel College Oxford Law offer holder?? Would love to speak to fellow prospective students!!
Original post by Lawliettt

AABC, with A predicted for a fast-track subject I'm doing this year so essentially, AAABC
AABC, with A predicted for a fast-track subject I'm doing this year so essentially, AAABC

I see. My friend thinks it isn't possible to get an offer/interview unless you have like AAAA at AS so he refused to reply. Hence why I was curious as to what AS grades people applied to UCL with.

I think he got 5A* and 6A's at GCSE but BBBB at AS.
I see. My friend thinks it isn't possible to get an offer/interview unless you have like AAAA at AS so he refused to reply. Hence why I was curious as to what AS grades people applied to UCL with.

I think he got 5A* and 6A's at GCSE but BBBB at AS.

Well I got a rejection, but based on my LNAT score, however my predicted grades are really good which is why they didnt state grades as the reason. No As at AS is a no-go for UCL thats for sure, unless you're predicted like A*A*A*A*
Original post by PollaPulchra197
Hi Guys,

I have offers from Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham and Liverpool to study Law and German next year. Waiting to hear back from UCL. AS Grades - 4 As.

Anyone here an Oriel College Oxford Law offer holder?? Would love to speak to fellow prospective students!!

Congrats they're great offers!!

When did you get an offer from Bristol and what was the offer?
:smile:
Original post by Varya
Applied to KCL, UCL, Durham, Cambridge and LSE. Got rejected by the last two. LNAT went down the drain. I haven't heard from the first 3. I am panicking.

My LNAT went down the drain too :frown: I applied to KCL and durham too :"(
I was offered a place at UCL with AAAA (and a C in an extra subject) at AS, A2 predictions 3A*s and an A! Applied 24th novemeber, offer 21st december! Lnat 12th novemeber!
(edited 8 years ago)
I emailed them before and they said that if you score below 26, you are 'unlikely to be offered a place'

May i ask when did you send that email ? Because i am really worry about King's as well in terms of my LNAT score But my friends got rejected and my other friends and myself are still waiting which is weird

Latest

Trending

Trending