The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
just had my bartlett interview! looked through my portfolio super quickly, only question he really asked me was why I wanted to go to the bartlet... not sure what to think/feel
Reply 361
Original post by spz
just had my bartlett interview! looked through my portfolio super quickly, only question he really asked me was why I wanted to go to the bartlet... not sure what to think/feel

Congrats! When did u send in your task? Seems like they are not really interested in knowing much about the candidates.....how many interviewers were tbere? Did u meed many people there?

Cheers!
Original post by RubyPRoberts
Has anyone had any offers from UAL, Falmouth, LSBU or Reading??

Yeah I've heard back from Falmouth, got an offer! Still waiting on LSBU!
Had any news yet?
Reply 363
Original post by spz

This was a similar experience to mine, and I got offered a place 10 days after interview so may potential to be a good sign!! Best of luck to you :-)
Anyone had their Falmouth interview yet????

I had a phone interview for Falmouth
Original post by 08domingue
Yeah I've heard back from Falmouth, got an offer! Still waiting on LSBU!
Had any news yet?

Have my Falmouth interview this month, sent off my portfolio to LSBU months ago but still haven't heard anything!!!
Sent off my task to UCL at the end of November but there is still no response. I have received 4 other offers but my first choice :frown: How does your portfolio look like? Is it better to bring real works than printing them out?
Reply 367
Original post by spz

Wishing you the best!!
How long was the interview might I ask? and how much work did you bring in your portfolio?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 368
Original post by hongwai
Congrats! When did u send in your task? Seems like they are not really interested in knowing much about the candidates.....how many interviewers were tbere? Did u meed many people there?

Cheers!

They received my task the second week of November. There was only one interviewer there, and they scheduled it to be 20mins per interview. Yeah there is not much asked about me specifically, just my view on the Bartlett. I suppose my interview lasted the full 20 mins but felt very quick.

Original post by mh10
This was a similar experience to mine, and I got offered a place 10 days after interview so may potential to be a good sign!! Best of luck to you :-)

congrats on the offer! Yes I very much hope so haha

Original post by peterkeixo
Sent off my task to UCL at the end of November but there is still no response. I have received 4 other offers but my first choice :frown: How does your portfolio look like? Is it better to bring real works than printing them out?

Yeah I've also had my 4 other offers, just waiting on this last one.

My portfolio was a few large paintings, 2 life drawings and some photographs. In the interview invite they specify specifically to bring in the actual piece of work. A person sitting next to me before the interview seems to have had a booklet made with the works inside it, which is specifically what they said not to do.

Original post by cowie
Wishing you the best!!
How long was the interview might I ask? and how much work did you bring in your portfolio?

The interview was scheduled for 20 minutes, but felt very quick. For an example of how rushed it was, I finished explaining a sculpture I created, he then flipped through my portfolio and found my life drawings. He simply asked me what it was, then flipped them over as well, without taking a look. He didn't spend too much time looking over my paintings either. But this was an interview overseas in Hong Kong, so I suspect the interview process may be different in the UK (and probably entirely dependent on the interviewer!).

I had a couple of paintings, life drawings and photographs. Just as others mentioned in this thread, I wouldn't bring a huge amount of work.
Original post by spz
They received my task the second week of November. There was only one interviewer there, and they scheduled it to be 20mins per interview. Yeah there is not much asked about me specifically, just my view on the Bartlett. I suppose my interview lasted the full 20 mins but felt very quick.

congrats on the offer! Yes I very much hope so haha

Yeah I've also had my 4 other offers, just waiting on this last one.

My portfolio was a few large paintings, 2 life drawings and some photographs. In the interview invite they specify specifically to bring in the actual piece of work. A person sitting next to me before the interview seems to have had a booklet made with the works inside it, which is specifically what they said not to do.

The interview was scheduled for 20 minutes, but felt very quick. For an example of how rushed it was, I finished explaining a sculpture I created, he then flipped through my portfolio and found my life drawings. He simply asked me what it was, then flipped them over as well, without taking a look. He didn't spend too much time looking over my paintings either. But this was an interview overseas in Hong Kong, so I suspect the interview process may be different in the UK (and probably entirely dependent on the interviewer!).

I had a couple of paintings, life drawings and photographs. Just as others mentioned in this thread, I wouldn't bring a huge amount of work.

did you bring very large paintings or have you seen anyone bringing quite large paintings? my painting is basically around 80 cm x 80 cm, will it be too large to carry around?
Reply 370
Received offers from Bath (A*AA) :biggrin:, Cardiff (AAA), Nottingham (AAB) and Kent (AAB) but still waiting on Sheffield whom I haven't heard from for months now. Anyone else having to wait so long for Sheffield?
Have my Falmouth interview this month, sent off my portfolio to LSBU months ago but still haven't heard anything!!!

Good luck with the interview! I sent my portfolio in November to LSBU, I don't know whether they've started giving out offers?!
Original post by mh10
Congratulations on being invited to interview :-) As I mentioned, my interview was really bizarre and probably not the standard interview, even speaking to other applicants at my interview day mine was a very different interview to most of theirs. So I'm probably not the best person to ask for advice, as I was barely asked any questions, only one on my EPQ which I wrote about links between architecture and behaviour and even then I was cut off by the interviewer about a sentence into my answer. In terms of tips I would say be selective about what you bring in your portfolio, don't just bring every piece of art you've ever made. The interviews are short and my interviewer thanked me for only bringing a select few pieces of work which I thought were interesting. I personally think that the extra personal statement is very important, before interviewing me, my interviewer had both my UCAS personal statement and my extra one and only read over my extra one before starting the interview. I'd say definitely make sure that in your extra personal statement you speak about things specific to the Bartlett and make it apparent that your own interests and personality chime with what's expected and taught there! I know that a few people who were interviewed on the same day as me entered into debates with their interviewer and had to defend their artwork! The interview overall was quite an informal process so don't worry about it too much, it was a lot less intimidating than I was expecting, best of luck!!
Thank you so much that was extremely helpful! I wish you all the best of luck this year :smile:
Reply 373
Rejection from Bartlett :tongue: but I got AAB offer from Nottingham so that's good. Anyone been to nottingham uni and can tell me what it's like? Waiting on Cardiff, Sheffield and Manchester atm.
Anyone here applied for Newcastle?
Original post by Pedr0
Rejection from Bartlett :tongue: but I got AAB offer from Nottingham so that's good. Anyone been to nottingham uni and can tell me what it's like? Waiting on Cardiff, Sheffield and Manchester atm.

Sorry for the rejection. Did you go to the bartlett for an interview?
Reply 376
Original post by zzdevzz
Sorry for the rejection. Did you go to the bartlett for an interview?

Nah, just got rejected right off the bat. It's probably better that way since now i have no interviews to worry about :smile:
Original post by Pedr0
Nah, just got rejected right off the bat. It's probably better that way since now i have no interviews to worry about :smile:

Sorry about the rejection. But congrats on notts offer! But wait, did ucl not get you to do the task? And may I ask when you applied?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any chances to visit Cardiff post offer?
Original post by archincent
Anyone here applied for Newcastle?

Yes! I got an offer for AAA, have you sent off your portfolio yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending