The Student Room Group

Help with Spanish revision?

Hi,
I would really appreciate it if anyone who is or has done A level Spanish could tell me their revision techniques. Apart from re-learning the vocab, I don't know how to prepare for the exam especially the oral. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
*bump*
You could get someone practise answering you questions and recording your responses, then if you listen to them and write an improved answer? I am doing AS spanish so it probably won't be any help but yeah spanish is hard to revise for.
Reply 3
Thanks, thats a really good idea :smile: any help is super helpful because i literalpy just revise vocab and grammar at the minute haha
Original post by charlotte470
Thanks, thats a really good idea :smile: any help is super helpful because i literalpy just revise vocab and grammar at the minute haha

I'm glad :smile: You could also practise with a spanish teacher as well. That's basically what I do as well haha XD I just write advantages and disadvantages.
A2 German here, but I can't imagine the strategies are too different :rolleyes:

Last year for oral, I just learnt a lot of vocab around my topic area and watched videos of people talking about my chosen topic. That helped me to get ideas of common (but good and complex) sentence structures I could use.
Reply 6
Im sure my teacher would be happy to help me when she has some free time.

Also i like watching videos to help with my grammar so if i can find any videos for tourism and culture then that would probably be really helpful, thank you :smile:
Im sure my teacher would be happy to help me when she has some free time.

Also i like watching videos to help with my grammar so if i can find any videos for tourism and culture then that would probably be really helpful, thank you :smile:

Good idea! T & T is your chosen area, I presume?
Reply 8
Im basically speaking about how tourism effects spanish traditions
Im basically speaking about how tourism effects spanish traditions

Oooh interesting. I did mine on health and fitness.

For us (edexcel) we have to choose a broad topic area (at AS) and then we can be asked questions on anything around the area
Oh right, i nearly picked health but we always get that haha so thought it would be nice for a change. Im doing OCR and we get to choose anything as long as it is in the spec
Oh right, i nearly picked health but we always get that haha so thought it would be nice for a change. Im doing OCR and we get to choose anything as long as it is in the spec

Yeah apparently it's super popular! Good luck anyway!
Thanks! I need to spend more time on it haha
I'm doing mine on Health and Fitness! Have you got any key phrases and complex sentence structures that would be of any help?
How is A2 Spanish going?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Student403
Oooh interesting. I did mine on health and fitness.

For us (edexcel) we have to choose a broad topic area (at AS) and then we can be asked questions on anything around the area
Original post by thinker13
I'm doing mine on Health and Fitness! Have you got any key phrases and complex sentence structures that would be of any help?
How is A2 Spanish going?
Thanks in advance :smile:

Hey sorry I'm doing A2 German :frown:
I'm going to revise by listening to podcasts and watching youtube! Also past papers are always helpful as I find there is loads of key vocab you can steal for example in the listening transcripts and reading questions.
Haha! Sorry about that- I can't even read English correctly! Good luck with your German!
Original post by Student403
Hey sorry I'm doing A2 German :frown:
Original post by thinker13
Haha! Sorry about that- I can't even read English correctly! Good luck with your German!

All good :h: And you with Spanish :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending