The Student Room Group

Another 40 or so people killed by Russian airstrikes in rebel controlled territory

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cbreef
Ridiculous, Al Nusra are bastards and would no doubt annahilate anyone who doesnt agree with them. They would start wars with neighbouring countries and with IS

Indeed.

Some users on here, unfortunately, believe disputed and not entirely accurate and highly politicized death-tolls , or counting who has killed more, reflect which group is more dangerous.

No doubt if Alqaeda, i.e ahrar asham, jaysh al islam and al nusra got into power, there would be more carnage.

Assad is not a man we should revere, but by far he is the lesser of the evils. In this conflict we need to get rid of alqaeda.

When i say this to them, they call me an assad apologist.
Original post by cbreef
Ridiculous, Al Nusra are bastards and would no doubt annahilate anyone who doesnt agree with them. They would start wars with neighbouring countries and with IS

I would also like your opinion on the Original Poster of the thread praying to Allah swt for an Alqaeda founded group, and what you think of other brothers on this thread, having been incredibly hostile towards me, refusing to atleast pick up and condemn actions like this.

AlifunArnab: "Honestly, Ahrah have a vital role in all of this. May Allah grant them khair."
Source: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/conv...9797&u2=883747
I have taken a screenshot as well.

Who are Ahrar-Asham which AlifunArnab has prayed to Allah swt for?:

2. Ahrar-as-Sham:
Strength: 10-20,000 (the economist) Reference will povided on request.
It is considered one of the three most powerful rebel groups fighting in Syria - i will update it when i can: "
In February 2014, the U.S. Director of National Intelligence called Ahrar al-Sham one of the three most effective rebel groups in Syria."

1.Ahrar Asham are probably considered one of the closest allies to jabhat al nusra, and have very, very strong links to Alqaeda.
2. "It routinely cooperates with al-Nusra and, until relations soured in 2013, also worked with ISIS. In February 2014, the U.S. Director of National Intelligence called Ahrar al-Sham one of the three most effective rebel groups in Syria."

Leadership: "Abu Khalid al-Suri, also known as Abu Omeir al-Shami (Unknown to February 23, 2014): Suri was a co-founder of Ahrar al-Sham and acted as Ayman al-Zawahiri’s representative in Syria,"

"Suri's close ties with Al Qaeda became clear after his death, when AQ commander Ayman al-Zawahiri published a eulogy for the fallen Ahrar al-Sham leader and AQ posted a video documenting his participation in Al Farouq training camp in Afghanistan, including photos of him with Osama bin Laden and Zawahir"

"Ahrar al-Sham was founded by members of Al Qaeda and maintains links to AQ’s core leadership. [42] While neither group formally claims a partnership, senior AQ officials, including Ayman al-Zawahiri, openly mourned Ahrar al-Sham leader Abu Khalid al-Suri when he died.

http://web.stanford.edu/group/mappin...roups/view/523
Original post by Tawheed
Indeed.

Some users on here, unfortunately, believe disputed and not entirely accurate and highly politicized death-tolls , or counting who has killed more, reflect which group is more dangerous.

No doubt if Alqaeda, i.e ahrar asham, jaysh al islam and al nusra got into power, there would be more carnage.

Assad is not a man we should revere, but by far he is the lesser of the evils. In this conflict we need to get rid of alqaeda.

When i say this to them, they call me an assad apologist.

He's not the best, but if this **** is gonna get resolved, he has to stay at least for now.
Original post by cbreef
He's not the best, but if this **** is gonna get resolved, he has to stay at least for now.

He is the only person with any real political ground in syria. He needs to stay for the time being for political transition to be undergone, so the syrian people after kicking out alqaeda, then ISIS, can rebuild their country.

I have been saying this all along, neither do i want assad in power and i would vote for another party if they proved themselves credible.

But the users on this thread , and they can see my message, have been constantly attacking me and calling me an assad supporter and saying everything i post is 'iranian propaganda'.

Some of them directly support alqaeda founded groups, and others seem to think alqaeda are a lesser evil.
(edited 8 years ago)
@Tawheed I see, for me, there is no other solution than to get the syrian army to eradicate the extremists. No one else has the balls to put troops on the ground. Air strikes will not beat these evil ****ers. Just look at the ground tge Iraqi's are taking back with western backing. We need to do the same in Syria, coordinate with the Syrian gov, use their intel and drive them out.
(edited 8 years ago)
I read somewhere that because the Geneva Convention states that anyone in a war zone not wearing recognisable military insignia counts as a civilian.

The rebel groups in Syria, as being rebels, often have no official uniform as such and many fight in normal civilian clothing - making them civilians in the eyes of the Geneva Convention.

Because of this, anti-Assad/Russia news sources like to quote how air strikes are often killing 'civilians', when in reality, the majority of the dead are actually armed rebels who aren't wearing any uniform.

Does anyone have further information on this?
Original post by TelAviv
I read somewhere that because the Geneva Convention states that anyone in a war zone not wearing recognisable military insignia counts as a civilian.

The rebel groups in Syria, as being rebels, often have no official uniform as such and many fight in normal civilian clothing - making them civilians in the eyes of the Geneva Convention.

Because of this, anti-Assad/Russia news sources like to quote how air strikes are often killing 'civilians', when in reality, the majority of the dead are actually armed rebels who aren't wearing any uniform.

Does anyone have further information on this?

I have found some ground-breaking information , and i am working on a project to present it. Give me a day or so and i'll get back to you.
Death toll has reached close to 100 dead.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/01/russian-air-strikes-syria-idlib-160110175555588.html

In a separate attack elsewhere, Russian strikes have killed at least 12 children and 3 adults in a school.

http://news.yahoo.com/8-children-dead-russia-strike-hits-syria-school-102506556.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending