The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nat3001
Scrapping of the bursary, staff shortages, changing needs of patients.....
The Francis Report is another thing to look at.
The Nursing Times website has some articles that can be accessed without subscription.
Hope this helps.

Thank you!

I have done a project about nursing and if I remember rightly,I think I mentioned the francis report just a little bit within there. I was thinking about the NHS bursary scrapping,but didnt know if that was something I could talk about.

I will have a look at all them and hopefully use some of them at interview! Do you think the sugar thing I spoke about earlier,is something that I could bring up at interview?
Original post by futurechildnurse
Thank you!

I have done a project about nursing and if I remember rightly,I think I mentioned the francis report just a little bit within there. I was thinking about the NHS bursary scrapping,but didnt know if that was something I could talk about.

I will have a look at all them and hopefully use some of them at interview! Do you think the sugar thing I spoke about earlier,is something that I could bring up at interview?

It's relevant when thinking about the impact type 2 diabetes is going to have in the coming years, especially with it occurring in the younger more and more.
Where have you got an interview? If they do MMI's it's good to have a rough idea of issues affecting health and the NHS but from my experience they look at your qualities rather than what you know about current affairs. However more traditional interviews may require more I depth knowledge of these.
Original post by Nat3001
It's relevant when thinking about the impact type 2 diabetes is going to have in the coming years, especially with it occurring in the younger more and more.
Where have you got an interview? If they do MMI's it's good to have a rough idea of issues affecting health and the NHS but from my experience they look at your qualities rather than what you know about current affairs. However more traditional interviews may require more I depth knowledge of these.

That's what I as thinking. I have my interview at Bournemouth (my FIRST choice&FIRST interview) I just want to make sure I have every angle covered,so if they ask current issues I can at least mention something,if you see what I mean.
I'd love to talk to any of you who have received an offer from SHU as it is my first choice and would love to get to know any of you
Thought I'd put it on here but must not have..

On 2nd December, I received a conditional offer from Wolverhampton Uni to study Children's Nursing for September 2016!!🎉🎉 Anyone else got in for this as well?

(Also received interview for BCU but not attending due to Wolvo being first choice)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessicasrowlands
Thought I'd put it on here but must not have..

On 2nd December, I received a conditional offer from Wolverhampton Uni to study Children's Nursing for September 2016!!🎉🎉 Anyone else got in for this as well?

(Also received interview for BCU but not attending due to Wolvo being first choice)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, first of all congrats on getting an offer!

Just wanted to know whether you sent your fee assessment form off straight away?
Hello there, I just needed a bit of advice regarding ucas. I have received a conditional offer from my first choice university, I undoubtedly want to go here. I withdrew from another university that offered me an interview. I have another university that wants to offer me an interview in February if my grades are still at distinctions. The thing is should I just withdraw from applying to that university as well as I really want to go to the uni I have been offered a place at? Thank you in advance xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys I would like to know if we are allowed calculators in the maths test at Greenwich university , pls reply since I have my FIRST TEST AND INTERVEIW ON MONDAY..!! Really freaking out 😩😖
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by margettsa
Hello there, I just needed a bit of advice regarding ucas. I have received a conditional offer from my first choice university, I undoubtedly want to go here. I withdrew from another university that offered me an interview. I have another university that wants to offer me an interview in February if my grades are still at distinctions. The thing is should I just withdraw from applying to that university as well as I really want to go to the uni I have been offered a place at? Thank you in advance xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I were you I'd still go to the interview you have lined up, that way if you get an offer from them too you can firm your first choice and then put the other university as an insurance to make sure you dont put all your eggs in one basket if that makes sense? :smile:
Original post by tiffsssx
Hey, first of all congrats on getting an offer!

Just wanted to know whether you sent your fee assessment form off straight away?

Can I ask.. what fee assessment form? Haven't received any forms, they've only asked for verification of some certificates so far☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by margettsa
Hello everyone, I have just received an offer from Manchester metropolitan to study adult nursing in September 2016. I'm ecstatic as it was my first choice so I will be firming it! Would be nice to hear from anyone else who has received an offer from here, I'm so excited :smile: good luck to everyone who has received interviews xx

Well done!! When did you have your interview?xx
Original post by topdot12
Well done!! When did you have your interview?xx

Thank you :smile: I had my interview on Thursday, they replied the next day and offered me a place xx
Can I ask.. what fee assessment form? Haven't received any forms, they've only asked for verification of some certificates so far☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

they mean your bursary forms, I don`t think you can apply until march for your bursary
I can't submit my bursary form until I get my husband's P60 form in April.
Original post by Kat129
I can't submit my bursary form until I get my husband's P60 form in April.

when is your intake?
Original post by Male nurses rock
when is your intake?

Do we get sent these forms or? And I'm for September😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazycrazy
Hi has anyone heard back from Bedfordshire yet I submitted my certificates as requested back in November and still haven't heard anything back from them! 😔

I'm still waiting aswel

Posted from TSR Mobile

My understanding is that we apply online through the government website. Applying in April for September will be okay. Are you going to Northumbria too?
Original post by Male nurses rock
My understanding is that we apply online through the government website. Applying in April for September will be okay. Are you going to Northumbria too?

I'm going to Wolverhampton and thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its online and the applications open march 2nd this year:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending