The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have an interview in Brighton on the 20th of Jan?? I've already had one interview at UEA but i'm still anxious ahah
Original post by safiyyah98
Do you have an offer from Uni of Birmingham? If so, how long after the interview did you hear that you had an offer?

Hiya, I'm also wondering if you have a UoB offer. I haven't heard back from them yet but I had my interview in the xmas period so I'm not expecting to hear back for another month or two, maybe!

Best of luck to everyone here!
Original post by Luce0506
Could anyone let me know when they hear of UOB or have heard already with a similar interview date to mine? I had an interview on the 9th of Dec and am still waiting to hear back. Thanks :smile:

I had my Birmingham interview on the 17th (only a week after you!) and I haven't heard back from them yet. As we interviewed during the Xmas period I wouldn't worry because I reckon they'll be overloaded with work and will take a month/two months at least to get back!

How do you feel your Birmingham interview went and out of curiosity, which other universities have you applied to?

Best of luck!

:smile:
Original post by alice_bloomer
I've applied to Kings College London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Southampton and Glasgow.
Has anyone heard from any of these yet?

Hiya,

I've also applied to KCL, Birmingham and Nottingham! We have a lot in common!

So I've interviewed at Birmingham and KCL (as well as completing the maths and english test at KCL) and I'm waiting to hear back from both places.

I'm due to interview on Feb 6th for Nottingham. What position are you in?

Best of luck for everything!

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to trouble you all.But I am just editing my personal statement for nursing school and extremely stressed!

I am 24 and have missed many years due to being a carer for my father and the last three years i have been ill myself. So i do not have a vast range of experience and some 'blank years'.

May i ask if i should put my ill health in my statement? It has most definitely cemented my desire to become a nurse. But i don't want to be pittied if that makes sense?

Any help will be most gratefully received!

Thank you. :smile:
hi thats me too, sheffield hallam gave me conditional offer of achieving grades in my access course but ive already got them so just need to finish the course really, no pressure on getting certain grades phew
Make the focus about the care you received being the inspiration rather than the illness itself.

Original post by Felix_felicis
Hi there,

I'm so sorry to trouble you all.But I am just editing my personal statement for nursing school and extremely stressed!

I am 24 and have missed many years due to being a carer for my father and the last three years i have been ill myself. So i do not have a vast range of experience and some 'blank years'.

May i ask if i should put my ill health in my statement? It has most definitely cemented my desire to become a nurse. But i don't want to be pittied if that makes sense?

Any help will be most gratefully received!

Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Kat129
Make the focus about the care you received being the inspiration rather than the illness itself.

definitely, 'the care i received was second to none and inspired me to follow that pathway'

good luck xx
Original post by hipposcribble
I had my Birmingham interview on the 17th (only a week after you!) and I haven't heard back from them yet. As we interviewed during the Xmas period I wouldn't worry because I reckon they'll be overloaded with work and will take a month/two months at least to get back!

How do you feel your Birmingham interview went and out of curiosity, which other universities have you applied to?

Best of luck!

Hi! Yeah I thought that at first but then I found out someone from my interview date had an offer last Tuesday so I'm not sure!

And it went alright I think, it was really hard to tell they definitely weren't giving anything away haha, how did yours go? Let me know when you hear back if you don't mind!

I've applied for Liverpool, SURREY, Cov and UEA, had an offer from UEA too! What about you? :smile:
Original post by Luce0506
Hi! Yeah I thought that at first but then I found out someone from my interview date had an offer last Tuesday so I'm not sure!

And it went alright I think, it was really hard to tell they definitely weren't giving anything away haha, how did yours go? Let me know when you hear back if you don't mind!

I've applied for Liverpool, SURREY, Cov and UEA, had an offer from UEA too! What about you? :smile:

Hey,

Oh I didn't realise they were giving offers out so quickly. I wouldn't worry if I were you because I think they like to stagger the offers (playing hard to get haha).

Same, I feel like the interview was fine really. The ladies interviewing me were absolutely lovely - I think it was the most relaxed interview I've had yet!

I'll try and let you know when I hear back (hopefully soon!)

Congrats on your offer! I've applied to Liverpool too (I'm interviewing with them next month on 3 Feb), Nottingham, Manchester (I have a conditional offer) and KCL.

How was the UEA maths that's was one of my choices I applied to

QUOTE=Luce0506;61900413]Hi! Yeah I thought that at first but then I found out someone from my interview date had an offer last Tuesday so I'm not sure!

Original post by anu701
Hey guys I would like to know if we are allowed calculators in the maths test at Greenwich university , pls reply since I have my FIRST TEST AND INTERVEIW ON MONDAY..!! Really freaking out 😩😖

My friend had her last week and didn't use a calculator. I have mine in march and it doesn't mention to bring a calculator.
Good Luck
Original post by Suzie_x
How was the UEA maths that's was one of my choices I applied to

QUOTE=Luce0506;61900413]Hi! Yeah I thought that at first but then I found out someone from my interview date had an offer last Tuesday so I'm not sure!

The UEA math test was really easy, nothing to worry about :smile:
Original post by hipposcribble
Hey,

Oh I didn't realise they were giving offers out so quickly. I wouldn't worry if I were you because I think they like to stagger the offers (playing hard to get haha).

Same, I feel like the interview was fine really. The ladies interviewing me were absolutely lovely - I think it was the most relaxed interview I've had yet!

I'll try and let you know when I hear back (hopefully soon!)

Congrats on your offer! I've applied to Liverpool too (I'm interviewing with them next month on 3 Feb), Nottingham, Manchester (I have a conditional offer) and KCL.

Aw that's great well done! I really want an interview from Liverpool as they are the only ones that I haven't heard off yet, when did they tell you about your interview?

I'm really hoping I hear off Bham this week, it's killing me haha!
Thanks very much
Can't believe that offers are rolling in woooow
Hopefully Kings college reply quick as that's one of my options
anyone had a child nursing interview at salford yet? how was it?
Original post by heather1807
anyone had a child nursing interview at salford yet? how was it?

Hey, I have one on the 27th, when's yours?
Anyone had a response from Greenwich University since the Maths and English tests last week??

(:
Original post by tiffsssx
Hey, I have one on the 27th, when's yours?

this friday!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending