The Student Room Group

Japanese AS??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HazMusicPanda
The writing for 2014 was much worse than this one! And the translation wasn't that bad. I managed to get through most of it with guessing at a couple of things, I didn't get the Yamanotesen. I finished and left the exam hall with like 20 minutes to spare after having checked it for 20 minutes. Does it really take everyone that long!? :/

I finished early but spent a lot of time checking through the essay; there was a lot I was unsure on. I suppose the problem with constantly checking is that you over-think everything to the point where you doubt it completely aha.
The writing for 2014 was much worse than this one! And the translation wasn't that bad. I managed to get through most of it with guessing at a couple of things, I didn't get the Yamanotesen. I finished and left the exam hall with like 20 minutes to spare after having checked it for 20 minutes. Does it really take everyone that long!? :/

Well, you are fluent in japanese (;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone here preparing for A2 Japanese?
Is anyone here preparing for A2 Japanese?

watashi!
Original post by phoebeisgreat
watashi!

Whoo! Haha. What are you doing for the writing? :P
Whoo! Haha. What are you doing for the writing? :P

hana, duke, hoshi shinichi and i'm studying a region of Japan-you??
hana, duke, hoshi shinichi and i'm studying a region of Japan-you??

Hana, the cat story from that book and Hoshi shinichi. Can we do 2 lit essays or do they have to be different do you know? My mum's teaching me and she's not too sure... :/
Hana, the cat story from that book and Hoshi shinichi. Can we do 2 lit essays or do they have to be different do you know? My mum's teaching me and she's not too sure... :/

no you can do 2 literature stories-that's absolutley fine :wink: how are you preparing/revising for it??
no you can do 2 literature stories-that's absolutley fine :wink: how are you preparing/revising for it??

Oh phew. We were worrying about that. Haha erm well I've read them a few times and my mum said she'd just write a generic essay for me to memorise because the questions are similar. I think I'll just cram read them nearer the time... :P How are you revising the rest of the paper? :P
Oh phew. We were worrying about that. Haha erm well I've read them a few times and my mum said she'd just write a generic essay for me to memorise because the questions are similar. I think I'll just cram read them nearer the time... :P How are you revising the rest of the paper? :P

Yeah same- atm, i'm just practising past papers and translation; these are my weakpoints :// How did you do at AS??
Yeah same- atm, i'm just practising past papers and translation; these are my weakpoints :// How did you do at AS??

I'm working through these books that my mum bought. Haven't done a past paper yet... Haha... :P
Oh and I got a B (so I got my mum to "predict" me an A for A2 :P ). What about you?
I'm working through these books that my mum bought. Haven't done a past paper yet... Haha... :P
Oh and I got a B (so I got my mum to "predict" me an A for A2 :P ). What about you?

i have tuition- my mum is japanese but she's not really fit for teaching :P haha
I got an A at AS so i'm aiming for an A at A2 :smile: Are you fully japanese?
i have tuition- my mum is japanese but she's not really fit for teaching :P haha
I got an A at AS so i'm aiming for an A at A2 :smile: Are you fully japanese?

Ahh, kind of wish I got "proper" tuition as well but there is pretty much no one where I live that teaches Japanese A Level... :P No, I'm only half. You?
Ahh, kind of wish I got "proper" tuition as well but there is pretty much no one where I live that teaches Japanese A Level... :P No, I'm only half. You?

ahh i see :smile: where abouts are you from? I'm half too!!! but i'm not fluent haha :P
ahh i see :smile: where abouts are you from? I'm half too!!! but i'm not fluent haha :P

Er... Up north? Haha. Hey how do you revise your kanji? Any tips? :P
And are you doing Japanese as a 4th A level?
Er... Up north? Haha. Hey how do you revise your kanji? Any tips? :P
And are you doing Japanese as a 4th A level?

ahhh i'm from London :biggrin: i don't really know-i just practice and practice!!
Nope as a fifth :tongue: you??
Hey guys,

I'm retaking Japanese A2 this year, as I didn't get the grade that I wanted last year!

Last year, I studied Tokyo as my chosen prefecture and Duke/Hana. Have any of you read Duke/Hana and what are your thoughts on them? Also, what area are you guys studying? I'm changing mine to Hiroshima and maybe another place like Kamakura.

Also, how are you guys planning for Section C in terms of the structure and use of language? I've never really seen a 'perfect' essay for Section C apart from some in the examiner's reports!

Sorry for all the questions!
Original post by melissafrat
Hey guys,

I'm retaking Japanese A2 this year, as I didn't get the grade that I wanted last year!

Last year, I studied Tokyo as my chosen prefecture and Duke/Hana. Have any of you read Duke/Hana and what are your thoughts on them? Also, what area are you guys studying? I'm changing mine to Hiroshima and maybe another place like Kamakura.

Also, how are you guys planning for Section C in terms of the structure and use of language? I've never really seen a 'perfect' essay for Section C apart from some in the examiner's reports!

Sorry for all the questions!

I like Hana- i think it's quite an easy story to analyse :biggrin: My region is ehime :wink:) I haven't really prepared for the essay yet!
I like Hana- i think it's quite an easy story to analyse :biggrin: My region is ehime :wink:) I haven't really prepared for the essay yet!

What do you think the author's message is in Hana?
Cool, I've never been to 愛媛県! How are you planning to write an introduction for the 日本の地方 question?
Original post by melissafrat
What do you think the author's message is in Hana?
Cool, I've never been to 愛媛県! How are you planning to write an introduction for the 日本の地方 question?

i guess just to accept yourself :P i haven't properly revised it yet though... what do you mean by introduction?? :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending