The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Maths interview

I've been invited to an interview at York to reduce their usual offer for maths (G100). Would anyone know what sort of things they ask? I'd like to be a bit prepared as I'm not very good at interviews!
Reply 1
I'm sorry that no one replied to your question. I have an interview at York for maths in the new year. Can I ask what your interview was like, please?
University of York
York
Original post by EBK
I'm sorry that no one replied to your question. I have an interview at York for maths in the new year. Can I ask what your interview was like, please?

I had a skype interview with the maths dept yesterday, and they lead me to differentiating x^x by the socratic method basically and the professor was really chill and we talked abt the geese. he told me on the call that they would give me a reduced offer which was nice and basically the whole thing was really fun and enjoyable!

good luck w urs!
Original post by notreallygoodbye
I've been invited to an interview at York to reduce their usual offer for maths (G100). Would anyone know what sort of things they ask? I'd like to be a bit prepared as I'm not very good at interviews!

Hi, did they ask you to solve maths problems during the interview?
I recently had an interview too and had previously been using this thread to prepare so am replying now to hopefully help anybody else that has one in the future! I personally was asked simple maths questions like differentiating e^x... However, I know other people in my group were asked questions like, “how many zeroes are in 100!” The atmosphere was really friendly and it truly isn’t a formal interview - please enjoy it! The experience is worth it! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending