The Student Room Group

Wider reading in AS Literature exam?

I'm redoing my English Lit exam mock to get my grade to an A, but i cant remember if you need to answer both sections questions with wider reading or just one of them???
Original post by Kenneyx
I'm redoing my English Lit exam mock to get my grade to an A, but i cant remember if you need to answer both sections questions with wider reading or just one of them???

What exam board are you on? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
What exam board are you on? :smile:

AQA
Original post by Kenneyx
AQA

English lit A or B? :smile:
Reply 4
English lit A or B? :smile:

im not sure...is it different for both?
Original post by Kenneyx
im not sure...is it different for both?

They're different specifications - is your exam about any of Victorian Literature, World War One or the Struggle for Identity?
Reply 6
They're different specifications - is your exam about any of Victorian Literature, World War One or the Struggle for Identity?

identity
Original post by Kenneyx
identity
Then it's English Lit A, you don't need to use wider reading in the first question but you do in the second :smile:
Reply 8
Then it's English Lit A, you don't need to use wider reading in the first question but you do in the second :smile:

ok, thank yoouuu
Original post by Kenneyx
ok, thank yoouuu

Pretty sure the other person just got a little bit confused.

Here's how it goes:s-smilie:ection A:You have one extract where it's usually "Author's attitudes" or "thoughts and feelings". Then something along the lines of "how similiar or different is this to your wider reading in Identity/WW1/Vic. This is when you have to refer to at least one drama, one poetry and one prose.Then Section B: You don't use wider reading. You should use the poems from that selected anthology that's appropriate to the question. You do not draw any knowledge from prose or drama texts.
Original post by Kenneyx
ok, thank yoouuu

Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Pretty sure the other person just got a little bit confused.

Here's how it goes:s-smilie:ection A:You have one extract where it's usually "Author's attitudes" or "thoughts and feelings". Then something along the lines of "how similiar or different is this to your wider reading in Identity/WW1/Vic. This is when you have to refer to at least one drama, one poetry and one prose.Then Section B: You don't use wider reading. You should use the poems from that selected anthology that's appropriate to the question. You do not draw any knowledge from prose or drama texts.

I had them the wrong way around, apologies :colondollar: I just usually do the second question first on that paper

Quick Reply

Latest