The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
£50M for Ramsey? I'd sell without hesitation tbh. Plenty of better CM out there

Not many better homegrown talents though.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Not many better homegrown talents though.

True, there aren't many we could currently buy atm. Maybe a player like Ward-Prowse may come into the discussion down the line.
True, there aren't many we could currently buy atm. Maybe a player like Ward-Prowse may come into the discussion down the line.

Don't think Ward-Prowse will ever become as good as Aaron. We can do better if it is a foreign player, but I don't mind him because he is near enough like academy produce from us.
Would quite like us to sign Ward-Prowse, good player imo. Everything needed to flourish in the 2 deeper players, playing as the more attacking of the two, behind a GOAT midfield 3 of Crowley, Iwobi and super sayan Campbell.

EDIT : Don't take this post seriously. Would still like us to sign Ward-Prowse though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't think Ward-Prowse will ever become as good as Aaron. We can do better if it is a foreign player, but I don't mind him because he is near enough like academy produce from us.

But do we need to replace him with another HG player? We've got a good amount around the squad. I don't think Ramsey sees Arsenal as home away from home. He's flirted with Barca/Madrid in the past

I still think we need a top well rounded DLP CM.

-------

Forgot about Dan Crowley as a potential talent for us
(edited 8 years ago)
But do we need to replace him with another HG player? We've got a good amount around the squad. I don't think Ramsey sees Arsenal as home away from home. He's flirted with Barca/Madrid in the past

Ramsey will never leave. He's our future captain imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's not going anywhere. Wouldnt even start in Europe's top teams so don't know why you lot are throwing teams like Barca/Madrid around.

Who can we get (realistically) that will be better? Not disagreeing, just don't think it's so easy to find a suitable replacement that is going to come.

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Would quite like us to sign Ward-Prowse, good player imo. Everything needed to flourish in the 2 deeper players, playing as the more attacking of the two, behind a GOAT midfield 3 of Crowley, Iwobi and super sayan Campbell.

EDIT : Don't take this post seriously. Would still like us to sign Ward-Prowse though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ward-Prowse is a lovely footballer, but a top four starter? I don't think he'll ever become that. He's at the right level for him - arguably a little beneath given Southampton's struggles - and he has shown he has ability in the U21s for England. I think he'd be ideal in a team like Palace, and he'd shine. but we've seen players before - Shelvey, Parker etc. - that some players just suit certain level clubs.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Ramsey will never leave. He's our future captain imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If Barca/Real came in for him with real intent and a big offer he'd beg for the move without a doubt. He's expressed a desire to experience Spanish football I personally don't think he's good enough for either club. From what little we can examine from the outside I don't think he's a potential captain either.

Who can we get (realistically) that will be better? Not disagreeing, just don't think it's so easy to find a suitable replacement that is going to come.

Hard to pick player we have a credible chance of signing at this stage with it sounding we're playing Fifa UT. There are no real stand out names at this point in fairness. The unrealistic dream for me would be Verratti.

There are many obscure names out there.
Reply 2570
Ramsey's only 25 though, if he's at the club for another 2 or 3 years then I wouldn't mind him becoming captain by the end of that. Right now it should be Per or Cazorla.
An improvement on Cazorla would definitely be nice, i.e. Isco.
Reply 2572
An improvement on Cazorla would definitely be nice, i.e. Isco.

Don't think there's space for Isco if Ozil is playing though. Would rather we get a CDM ball player like Arteta, or what Cazorla is doing now, instead of another CAM.
Again, Schneiderlin would have been perfect.
Ramsey's been OK this season tbh, settling back into CM of course
Original post by AR_95
Don't think there's space for Isco if Ozil is playing though. Would rather we get a CDM ball player like Arteta, or what Cazorla is doing now, instead of another CAM.
Again, Schneiderlin would have been perfect.

CDM ball players are hard to come by. Especially ones that have the physicality required for the PL. I can't think of many that can play the role required.
Ramsey is a one season wonder tbh. Good player but nothing special.
It just isn't in Ramsey locker to control matches from deep as a DLP CM. This is part of the reason why we can't build the team around him in a midfield two. I'd much rather be sitting deep away at Barca with Santi in CM than Ramsey. I heard good things about Xhaka.
Reply 2578
CDM ball players are hard to come by. Especially ones that have the physicality required for the PL. I can't think of many that can play the role required.

I did just mention Schneiderlin
Original post by AR_95
I did just mention Schneiderlin

I know...

Latest