The Student Room Group

2016 PPE Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chamelean
Offers from York and Durham, rejected by Oxford (St John's) waiting on UCL and LSE

Congrats to the offers! I've got one for York as well :smile: And rejected from Oxford :/ What's your first choice?
Original post by Popoya
did anyone get the stream email for ppe at ucl? the wait is killing me. I suppose offices are closed now for the break anyway..

Yeah I got the stream email sometime back in early November, and then received an offer a few days after. hope that helps
Original post by Popoya
You're the only one i know who got an offer till now. Were your grades exceptional if you don't mind me asking?

I did have good grades, 12A*s GCSE, 4As at AS, 3A* prediction A2.
But I don't know whether it was grades, PS, or teacher references which made them give me an offer. It seems lots of people applying have good grades these days. I'm sure you'll be fine, it's still early days
I haven't received the stream email and I applied in Mid October... What is the reason for this? :/

Original post by a.popat24
Yeah I got the stream email sometime back in early November, and then received an offer a few days after. hope that helps

Original post by a.popat24
I did have good grades, 12A*s GCSE, 4As at AS, 3A* prediction A2.
But I don't know whether it was grades, PS, or teacher references which made them give me an offer. It seems lots of people applying have good grades these days. I'm sure you'll be fine, it's still early days

Original post by Popoya
did anyone get the stream email for ppe at ucl? the wait is killing me. I suppose offices are closed now for the break anyway..
UCL PPEists: who has heard what? I had a module grade request, but haven't had any interaction past that!
Does anyone know how good PPE at Manchester is (how good the departments are, employability, etc)? Thinking about using it as my insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxlik
Does anyone know how good PPE at Manchester is (how good the departments are, employability, etc)? Thinking about using it as my insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I've read so far from Manchester is that their social science department is supposed to be really good. But they all they that don't they..
I signed up for the open day next month because I'm thinking about making them my insurance as well and I hope I can get a few answers to those questions then.
Original post by SapereAude97
From what I've read so far from Manchester is that their social science department is supposed to be really good. But they all they that don't they..
I signed up for the open day next month because I'm thinking about making them my insurance as well and I hope I can get a few answers to those questions then.

Do you know where I can sign up? I can't find anything on the website about their open day. I haven't been invited anything either though I've had the offer for some time now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxlik
Do you know where I can sign up? I can't find anything on the website about their open day. I haven't been invited anything either though I've had the offer for some time now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm thant's strange as I got the invitation beginning of november.. I think it's full as I got an email that if I didn't want to attend I should let them know because ther's a waiting list..
maybe just write an email and them ?
Did anybody here get an offer from LSE for PPE as well?
Original post by SapereAude97
hmm thant's strange as I got the invitation beginning of november.. I think it's full as I got an email that if I didn't want to attend I should let them know because ther's a waiting list..
maybe just write an email and them ?

It turns out I lost my invite for the open day in November, but they invited me to another one on the 3rd of February. When is yours? :smile:
Original post by mxlik
It turns out I lost my invite for the open day in November, but they invited me to another one on the 3rd of February. When is yours? :smile:

Is this for Lancaster by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
PPE at Strathclyde and Stirling
Anyone had any replies from them yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxlik

okay so everything turned out alright haha
3rd of February too :smile:
Original post by JudahS
Anyone here applying for PPE at a non Russell group uni? I'm applying at Essex, Goldsmiths and possibly Winchester. Just me?

I applied to Goldsmiths too, also Royal Holloway, Lancaster, Exeter and Leeds.
Original post by bulbawill
UCL PPEists: who has heard what? I had a module grade request, but haven't had any interaction past that!

Same! Even though I had already put all my marks and module titles on my UCAS application already...
I received the request last Friday so maybe it was just like automated.
Nottingham anyone?
Has everyone heard back from LSE?
Original post by quincunx
Has everyone heard back from LSE?

rejected 7th jan lol
Reply 179
Anyone heard from Kings or UCL? I had a rejection from LSE back in December

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending