The Student Room Group

Can the BBC survive the rise of the fruitcakes?

Now Labour have officially logged a complaint over the BBC doing its job. To me this just looks like labour doing Murdochs job for him.

Combine this with the constant bias from the tin foil hat shouting from UKIP, SNP, Anti-euro tories the list goes on (must stress not all of these are fruitcakes but damn are they vocal).

To me - like it or loathe it - the BBC is the difference between us and going down the Fox news/MNSBC nightmare.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skeptical_john
Now Labour have officially logged a complaint over the BBC doing its job. To me this just looks like labour doing Murdochs job for him.

Combine this with the constant bias from the tin foil hat shouting from UKIP, SNP, Anti-euro tories the list goes on (must stress not all of these are fruitcakes but damn are they vocal).

To me - like it or loathe it - the BBC is the difference between us and going down the Fox news/MNSBC nightmare.

Couldn't agree with your post more.

The SNP have been amazing in their criticism of the bbc.

SNP make outlandish claim. BBC questions outlandish claim and are then accused of being biased.

You only have to see the fruit loops outside Pacific Quay and you'll realise that there are people capable of work who choose to live off benefits.
The BBC is run by fruits.
Reply 3
The BBC is biased, it's just the best of the worst.
BBC is nice

The BBC comes under attack from all sides almost all the time, it seems. And given this, it seems quite likely that the BBC does in fact do a very good job of being neutral.

At the moment it seems the whole country is going politically bonkers, possibly as an over-reaction to the cardboard cut-out type of politicians we have had as of late across the spectrum, but the BBC will survive.
To be fair, the BBC has a significant right-wing bias at the moment, so I can see why Lab would complain.
Reply 7

Agreed, though I would hasten to add that the complaint could be better characterised as coming from Jezbollah's office, and from Shameless Milne in particular.

Many Labour members like me are delighted by the determined questioning of Corbyn allies we see from Andrew Neil. Laura Kuenssberg too, she's asked Jezbollah many hard questions. Long live the Daily/Sunday Politics
Original post by woIfie
Agreed, though I would hasten to add that the complaint could be better characterised as coming from Jezbollah's office, and from Shameless Milne in particular.

Many Labour members like me are delighted by the determined questioning of Corbyn allies we see from Andrew Neil. Laura Kuenssberg too, she's asked Jezbollah many hard questions. Long live the Daily/Sunday Politics

'Jezbollah'

:rofl:

:
Original post by woIfie

Corbyn's lasting legacy to British politics will be that he has shown a way of facing down over-mighty journalists.

Margaret Thatcher liked a fight with journalists but it brought in a style of journalism in which unfair questions were met by deceptive answers.

Corbyn only answers questions on his terms at times he wishes to do so and will simply refuse to answer unfair questions.

It isn't particularly edifying for example to see the British Prime Minister at a press conference, here or abroad, with a foreign leader and the press only wanting to ask him about whatever trivial domestic story is leading that day's paper and the PM feeling that he is forced to deal with those questions.

Expect to see other politicians adopt Corbyn's approach.
Reply 10
Original post by nulli tertius

Corbyn only answers questions on his terms at times he wishes to do so and will simply refuse to answer unfair questions.

Which unfair question, and when?
Original post by woIfie
Which unfair question, and when?

Corbyn was asked whether the latest ISIS beheading video vindicated his stance on air-strikes.

The reply was that he thought they were there to talk about railways.

The journalist (I think ITN) who asked that question knew damn well that the latest ISIS beheading video neither vindicated nor condemned the stance of Corbyn or Cameron or any other speaker in the air strike debate. He was asking a "when did you stop beating your wife" question and was wanting Corbyn to squirm answering a question where he could be criticised whatever he said.

As I say, others will learn from his technique.
Why do the left complain about the media when the BBC has a radical left agenda? The BBC reaches more people in the UK than any other media outlet

Why does it make people like us loony just for opposing the EU? There is nothing loony about opposing a federal Europe, supporting controlled migration, wanting a British bill of human rights, not be restricted by EU regulation, wanting real democracy where the EU cabinet is not selected by Junker...the list of reasons is endless. Why are we loony for wanting that?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The meal
Why does it make people like us loony just for opposing the EU? There is nothing loony about opposing a federal Europe, supporting controlled migration, wanting a British bill of human rights, not be restricted by EU regulation, wanting real democracy where the EU cabinet is not selected by Junker...the list of reasons is endless. Why are we loony for wanting that?

Surely both of those apply to the British Parliament as well (subbing Cameron for Junker ofc)?
Original post by Tubrug
The BBC is biased, it's just the best of the worst.

Biased against who?
Why do the left complain about the media when the BBC has a radical left agenda? The BBC reaches more people in the UK than any other media outlet

lol, the BBC is right wing at the moment
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
lol, the BBC is right wing at the moment

Right wing yet takes every opportunity to attack Tories and UKIP. How deluded are you people?
Right wing yet takes every opportunity to attack Tories and UKIP. How deluded are you people?

Such as? I only see them reporting facts which happen to be inconvenient for those two parties.

They haven't stopped attacking Corbyn, from orchestrating the resignation live on air to harm him, to that awful Panorama hatchet job.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Such as? I only see them reporting facts which happen to be inconvenient for those two parties.

They haven't stopped attacking Corbyn, from orchestrating the resignation live on air to harm him, to that awful Panorama hatchet job.

Such as? I only see them report facts on Corbyn and Labour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending