The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midwifetobe1992
Has anyone heard from nottingham??

I haven't and I sent my application off about 5 weeks ago now. Starting to get really nervous as it's my first choice! How long ago did you send your application off?
Has anyone heard from Teesside or Northumbria. I applied on the 10th December, and a lot of people I know have received interviews :frown: panicking
Original post by bethygirl
So sorry to hear about your rejections. Nope nothing from Northumbria yet! I have interviews at edge hill, hudds and Teesside. Just waiting on Leeds and Northumbria :smile:

How long did it take for teeside to get back to you, one month on and I'm very nervous! Northumbria apparently takes a while so I'm not too bothered just yet haha
Reply 463
Anyone has any news from Chester? 🙂
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
I haven't and I sent my application off about 5 weeks ago now. Starting to get really nervous as it's my first choice! How long ago did you send your application off?

I sent my application off on 16th december so its 4 weeks on wednesday..
Ring them if its over a month because it does say in the email that you should hear a response within a month..
I have interveiws at staffordshire and wolverhampton this month but notts is my first choice so really want an interveiw!! X
Ring them if its over a month because it does say in the email that you should hear a response within a month..
I have interveiws at staffordshire and wolverhampton this month but notts is my first choice so really want an interveiw!! X

Yeah I'll give them a ring then, I didn't realise that you should get a response within a month! Do I just ask if they've processed my application yet?
Aw good luck!! :smile: I was going to apply to Wolverhampton, applied to BCU instead but still haven't heard back 😔
I have interviews at my second choice which is a week on Wednesday then I have one at Coventry on the 13th Feb! I really want Nottingham though. Just going to try and stay positive about it because they said no news is good news! 😁
Reply 466
Original post by Andy71
Anyone has any news from Chester? 🙂

No have you??

I just got an email and have an interview for Teesside!!!!!!!!!! Omg
Reply 468
😩😩no!!! It's killing me this wait :-((.. I keep asking in here but there's only me and you that respond ....it's tough this waiting game x
Reply 469
Original post by Andy71
😩😩no!!! It's killing me this wait :-((.. I keep asking in here but there's only me and you that respond ....it's tough this waiting game x

I haven't come across anyone else from the interview day, I know its driving me insane! Do you feel confident?x
Yeah I'll give them a ring then, I didn't realise that you should get a response within a month! Do I just ask if they've processed my application yet?
Aw good luck!! :smile: I was going to apply to Wolverhampton, applied to BCU instead but still haven't heard back 😔
I have interviews at my second choice which is a week on Wednesday then I have one at Coventry on the 13th Feb! I really want Nottingham though. Just going to try and stay positive about it because they said no news is good news! 😁

Yeah i would!
I havent heard from bcu or coventry yet either, wolves ismy second choice so glad i passed the tests and got an interveiw!! Let me know what they say when you ring!! Xx
Yeah i would!
I havent heard from bcu or coventry yet either, wolves ismy second choice so glad i passed the tests and got an interveiw!! Let me know what they say when you ring!! Xx

I know the tests would be completely different for each uni but what does the English test consist of? I have my first interview at de Montfort a week on Wednesday and really don't know what to expect! Coventry and BCU are the only unis that I've applied to with practice papers on their website!
Yeah I will do :smile: I did try but it was busy so I've sent them an email! Xx
Reply 472
Ruth, I honestly don't know. I feel interview went well but the competition is fierce as you know, and I'm worried that I could end up in the maybe puke. However, she did say to me the offer letter, if successful will come 2nd/3rd week in Jan. So if I havnt heard by end of next week then I'll presume I'm in with the maybes
What about you ? How do u feel x x
Reply 473
I'm Andrea by the way
Reply 474
Pile !!!! Not puke ha ha ha 😱
Anyone got an interview at wolves tomorrow?x
I know the tests would be completely different for each uni but what does the English test consist of? I have my first interview at de Montfort a week on Wednesday and really don't know what to expect! Coventry and BCU are the only unis that I've applied to with practice papers on their website!
Yeah I will do :smile: I did try but it was busy so I've sent them an email! Xx

Its quite hard, you had to basically write an essay but you only get 20 minutes and obviously you dont know what yoy have to write about until there and then. But tbh theyre not looking for content, they want to see that you can structure writing and that your spelling and grammar is of a good standard. I thought i had failed the english!

I got offered a place a couple of years back at dmu, they didnt have tests then, they must be new! Xx
Its quite hard, you had to basically write an essay but you only get 20 minutes and obviously you dont know what yoy have to write about until there and then. But tbh theyre not looking for content, they want to see that you can structure writing and that your spelling and grammar is of a good standard. I thought i had failed the english!

I got offered a place a couple of years back at dmu, they didnt have tests then, they must be new! Xx

Did you not want to go to de Montfort? Ah I didn't realise you had to write an essay! I think for the unis I've applied to they're just tests! But I still don't know what to expect on them :frown: just going to revise everything haha! Xx
Did you not want to go to de Montfort? Ah I didn't realise you had to write an essay! I think for the unis I've applied to they're just tests! But I still don't know what to expect on them :frown: just going to revise everything haha! Xx

I started an access course a few years ago that i didnt finish, hence why i didnt take the place. I couldnt afford to not work at the time and my work place wasnt very accomodating, and the college i went to was absolutely **** lol. So just got a job in maternity and worked because at least id have more experience, and ive not heard great things about leicesters maternity unit.. But dont let that put you off as i havent been myself! The uni isnt bad they were really friendly xx
I started an access course a few years ago that i didnt finish, hence why i didnt take the place. I couldnt afford to not work at the time and my work place wasnt very accomodating, and the college i went to was absolutely **** lol. So just got a job in maternity and worked because at least id have more experience, and ive not heard great things about leicesters maternity unit.. But dont let that put you off as i havent been myself! The uni isnt bad they were really friendly xx

Ahhh I see! Well hopefully Nottingham will get back to us soon! They haven't replied to my email yet so I'm going to try and ring them again tomorrow xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending