The Student Room Group

A101 Birmingham 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know when we might know about further interviews/rejections ? The wait is slowly driving me crazy
Original post by amegiraffe182
Anyone know when we might know about further interviews/rejections ? The wait is slowly driving me crazy

Haha it's driving me crazy too. They reopened today after the Christmas break so It might be within the next week or so. Fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eli.win13
Haha it's driving me crazy too. They reopened today after the Christmas break so It might be within the next week or so. Fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I very much hope so :')
Has anyone who hadn't heard before, heard at all about more interviews/rejections? I've still not heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KirstieW
Has anyone who hadn't heard before, heard at all about more interviews/rejections? I've still not heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard anything either. No news is better than bad news I guess :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just withdrawn from my interview at Birmingham on account of being given another offer which I intend to accept (and I thought this would be fairer on everybody involved). Hope someone gets the opportunity instead. Good luck for next week everyone! :smile:
Original post by nature_elf
I've just withdrawn from my interview at Birmingham on account of being given another offer which I intend to accept (and I thought this would be fairer on everybody involved). Hope someone gets the opportunity instead. Good luck for next week everyone! :smile:

congrats! where are you accepting ?
Original post by Catherine1193
congrats! where are you accepting ?

Cambridge! :biggrin:
Original post by nature_elf
Cambridge! :biggrin:

amazing ! yeah theres really no competition for what you will decide on that one. all the best at cambridge. I'm wishing i had applied there now but i think birmingham is a good option.
amazing ! yeah theres really no competition for what you will decide on that one. all the best at cambridge. I'm wishing i had applied there now but i think birmingham is a good option.

Thanks! I've heard lots of good things about the medical school at Birmingham - it is a great place to study, no doubt about that. Best of luck for your interview!
Reply 70
Hi, I have not heard anything either. Trying to be patient, debating whether I should call them and ask so i can know already. The wait is killing me. If they were going to hand out rejections, I wish they would do it early so I plan for what I can do instead! :'(
Reply 71
so I did call admissions and I was told that the last interviews are end of February, 20something (don't remember precisely). I'm guessing we will find out this week; Universities tend to send out interview invites 4 weeks prior to the actual date. Fingers crossed, either way, i just want to know now. Holding on to the thought that no rejection yet is a good sign :smile:
good luck everyone!
Original post by Tabbyz
so I did call admissions and I was told that the last interviews are end of February, 20something (don't remember precisely). I'm guessing we will find out this week; Universities tend to send out interview invites 4 weeks prior to the actual date. Fingers crossed, either way, i just want to know now. Holding on to the thought that no rejection yet is a good sign :smile:
good luck everyone!

Hey yeah our interview group had a quick chat to admissions before we went into the interview and Austin spruce said they are Interviewing 7or 8 at the end of February ? I'm not sure why there is a massive gap and couldn't do everyone in January but that's what I heard so good luck and it may be more than that!
Reply 73
Hey yeah our interview group had a quick chat to admissions before we went into the interview and Austin spruce said they are Interviewing 7or 8 at the end of February ? I'm not sure why there is a massive gap and couldn't do everyone in January but that's what I heard so good luck and it may be more than that!

Thank you for confirming this! May i ask how many candidates there are in an interview group?
And did Austin Spruce say there may be more than 7 or 8?
Hope your interview went well and you get accepted into your first choice! :biggrin:
Original post by Tabbyz
Thank you for confirming this! May i ask how many candidates there are in an interview group?
And did Austin Spruce say there may be more than 7 or 8?
Hope your interview went well and you get accepted into your first choice! :biggrin:

he didn't say more! I think they do some more at the end of feb based on the fact that some people didn't pitch up to interviews and withdrew which opens up some gaps for some lucky people ! Thank you I really want it . It's an amazing school I loved it. And 6 people in a group . My group was lovely and we all got on so well. Hope you get a spot :smile:
Reply 75
he didn't say more! I think they do some more at the end of feb based on the fact that some people didn't pitch up to interviews and withdrew which opens up some gaps for some lucky people ! Thank you I really want it . It's an amazing school I loved it. And 6 people in a group . My group was lovely and we all got on so well. Hope you get a spot :smile:

Yes, I think you are right, and indeed those few people are lucky! I'm assuming they interview the top few on their waiting list, I don't have high hopes though, I have a 2:1 in Psychology and my A Level grades in science weren't brilliant; Chemistry D, Biology C.
Just out of interest, do you mind sharing what your A Level grades were (and I would love it if others answered this question too).

I'm glad you had a nice group and thanks for taking the time out to answer my questions!
Original post by Tabbyz
Yes, I think you are right, and indeed those few people are lucky! I'm assuming they interview the top few on their waiting list, I don't have high hopes though, I have a 2:1 in Psychology and my A Level grades in science weren't brilliant; Chemistry D, Biology C.
Just out of interest, do you mind sharing what your A Level grades were (and I would love it if others answered this question too).

I'm glad you had a nice group and thanks for taking the time out to answer my questions!

I'm still waiting to hear and I have a 1st in Medical Sciences and A*AAB at A-Level. Trying to be hopeful!
Original post by Tabbyz

My a levels are ABB . 1st class biomedical science and work experience I included on my statement was working in Africa at an obstetric hospital. Working in the nhs at the drug and alcohol service and what I learnt and then over a year as a care manager part time whilst at uni :smile:
Reply 78
My a levels are ABB . 1st class biomedical science and work experience I included on my statement was working in Africa at an obstetric hospital. Working in the nhs at the drug and alcohol service and what I learnt and then over a year as a care manager part time whilst at uni :smile:

Thank you so much Catherine for taking the time out to answer my questions, it means a lot to me (i don't know of anyone else applying to Birmingham for A10). Thanks and good luck!
Reply 79
Original post by KirstieW
I'm still waiting to hear and I have a 1st in Medical Sciences and A*AAB at A-Level. Trying to be hopeful!

Thanks for answering, fingers crossed although i'm probably pushing it, my grades are not very competitive to say the least!!

Quick Reply