The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by azzax
Finally finished writing the notes on World Cities! I have published them so here's the link:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/revision-cards/world-cities-2

If you enlarge them, you should be able to see all the notes on each card. I tried to keep it short and to the point :smile:
Also, one of my case study for waste management and the entire section on retail is mainly to do with Leicester, which is the city where I live. So, if any of it seems unclear, let me know, I'll clarify it. If you want more info on any of it let me know :smile: I do have more detail for some of them (my class notes) :smile:

Sorry it took so long. I was busy with my History coursework.
I'll start uploading Plate Tectonics and Development and Globalisation next week (I think). I'm studying them at the same time in college hence they'll go up at the same time :smile:

Thanks so much for these notes! They are really useful and good :smile:
hi guys,

just wondering if anyone knows the 40 markers for weather and climate from 2015 ? or anything on this topic and tectentics woulfd be super helpful thanks !!
I got full marks in the Geography Unit 1 last year so an A but I only got a D in skills but still managed to get an A overall! I'm resitting the skills in summer which I can hopefully majorly improve on- I don't think it was necessarily that I didn't know the stuff- more to do with timing and stupid mistakes that I didn't have time to correct!! I have my Geog 3 mock tomorrow after having my Geog 4a today- it went ok I think, but we're constantly told that A2 is much much harder than AS so I'm still not too sure how I've done!! I'm stressing about the exam tomorrow because I'm not very good with learning multiple case studies- one is easy enough but when you have 4- 2 volcanoes and 2 earthquakes (and that's just for physical) it's easy to get muddled up or just to stress out and forget stuff completely! Tbh I haven't left myself enough time to thoroughly revise- I did some of the holiday but with working and Christmas I think I had about 3 free days so I haven't done as much as I would have hoped!! Our teacher gave us hints that the human element would be on retail and, after having a 2015 paper today I'm pretty sure we'll also have the 2015 paper tomorrow so I think I'm kinda confident with the question? Does anyone have any advice on how to learn case studies and what I need to include to be writing at A2 standard rather than AS? Thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by MissMcClintock
Thanks so much for these notes! They are really useful and good :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Hi guys! Hows A2 Geography going - I love both Plate Tectonics and World Cities so far, but I know I will try and answer the WC 40 marker if possible :smile: On the other hand, i am NOT looking forward to ecosystems at all, hate hate hate!

But, I am revising for my mocks and come across this 40 marker from June 2011 and am completely stumped. I understand you can pretty much include anything but I see economic development and thats was loses me.

'With reference to examples, assess the degree to which the level of economicdevelopment of a country affects planning and management in urban areas' (40)

Any suggestions on how to answer this??
Everyone needs to watch this video😂 I was looking up some geog related videos on YouTube to help with revision and this came up, it's a piss take of last years GEOG1 paper and I swear it's the funniest thing😂 http://youtu.be/r2XXZbGuhMo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I know A2 only require 3 topics for the geog 03 exam, but our school has made us do 4 for 'flexibility', has any other school/college made you do that?
we are studying plate tectonics, ecosystems, world cities and development :-)
Awesome! This is a really good idea :smile: Thank you for the revision resources! :biggrin: x
Original post by 09ekennedy
Hi,
I know A2 only require 3 topics for the geog 03 exam, but our school has made us do 4 for 'flexibility', has any other school/college made you do that?
we are studying plate tectonics, ecosystems, world cities and development :-)

Yeah we do this just to be safe in case one of the questions is awful. We did the same in Religious Studies AS last year and it saved us all because there were some nasty af questions so we just answered the other ones. :smile:

I'm doing Weather and Climate, Plate Tectonics, World Cities and Contemporary Conflicts..
Original post by Mimthompson
Yeah we do this just to be safe in case one of the questions is awful. We did the same in Religious Studies AS last year and it saved us all because there were some nasty af questions so we just answered the other ones. :smile:

I'm doing Weather and Climate, Plate Tectonics, World Cities and Contemporary Conflicts..

My school does that as well - I'm doing the same 4 A2 topics as you, so far we've only done weather and climate and world cities though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any tips on how to do well in Geography? Currently in A2, I just can't do the subject! Anyone got any advice ?:frown:
Does anyone have any tips for the 40 markers as I struggle the most to get the marks? Also what does everyone prefer the human topics or the physical topics for choice of the 40 mark question?
Original post by azzax
Hi guys. So I saw there was no geog thread for A2 geog so I made one :smile: Feel free to ask questions and post whatever you like here as long as it is related to geog :smile:
And thought I'd let everyone know, I will be posting my notes on TSR throughout the year for the topics that I will be learning this year which are as follows:
World Cities
Development and Globalisation
Plate Tectonics
I will start posting my notes once my laptop comes back from repair :smile:

Is there any unofficial mark schemes for Geog 3 last year (2015) ?
Reply 53
Original post by Jacob120398
Is there any unofficial mark schemes for Geog 3 last year (2015) ?

I don't think so. I have not seen one yet sorry
Any ideas for this 15 mark question?!
For products you have studied, explain how trade patterns have had a economic, social and environmental impact on LEDCs.
('for products you have studied' I think it just means examples and case studies). :-)
Original post by hpiercey3
Hi guys! Hows A2 Geography going - I love both Plate Tectonics and World Cities so far, but I know I will try and answer the WC 40 marker if possible :smile: On the other hand, i am NOT looking forward to ecosystems at all, hate hate hate!

But, I am revising for my mocks and come across this 40 marker from June 2011 and am completely stumped. I understand you can pretty much include anything but I see economic development and thats was loses me.

'With reference to examples, assess the degree to which the level of economicdevelopment of a country affects planning and management in urban areas' (40)

Any suggestions on how to answer this??

You can't answer a WC 40 marker if you're only doing one human geography topic.
You'll have to answer it on plate tectonics or on ecosystems if you're doing 2 physical geography topics and one human geography topic, as you have to do one 25 marker human and one 25 marker physical.
(please ignore if you're doing another human geography topic)
Original post by Peppercrunch
You can't answer a WC 40 marker if you're only doing one human geography topic.
You'll have to answer it on plate tectonics or on ecosystems if you're doing 2 physical geography topics and one human geography topic, as you have to do one 25 marker human and one 25 marker physical.
(please ignore if you're doing another human geography topic)

Sorry I wasn't very explicit! I am doing globalisation as well so 2 from each section. I asked my teacher anyway and he said the question would be better understood once the second human topic is done, with greater ability to refer to TNCs ect. :smile:
Original post by azzax
I don't think so. I have not seen one yet sorry

Okay cheers man :smile:
Hi guys,

I got C at AS (c in geo1 and geo2) I didn't do geog at GCSE lmao. A2 40 markers are killing me but my teacher gave us a gd format to follow - which involves drawing around both hands in the exam!!! I'm aiming to get B grade overall. Exam board is AQA and I am studying world cities, plate tectonics and D&G
HI guys

Just starting to revise for geography. Doing World Cities, Globalisation, Tectonics and ecosystems. Just wondering if anbody knew of any hard topics that came up last year (Geog 3 2015)
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending