The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by qwerty123A
What are your stats? Grades, work exp, ukcat, etc..

Thanks

Like Beth said, grades and UKCAT don't really matter as long as you meet the minimum requirement. There's a massive range in the year. I personally got AAB at A-Level, and a UKCAT score of something like 730-750. There's people who got higher grades, and people who got lower grades. It all comes down to your PS and how you do at interview, grades have zero bearing.

In terms of work experience, I didn't have all that much. 2 weeks in an opthalmology ward, 1 week volunteering at a hospice, 3 months volunteering at a charity.

Good luck
Original post by Lazy-
Essay's been sent in and presentation done! Just exams to worry about now. It's all been a bit too last minute if I'm entirely honest with myself, but manageable. Best to make mistakes now and not in BM5 when you have a million things to worry about. Doesn't help that I've just got Netflix and really wanna binge on House of Cards :s-smilie:

Oh that's good! Yeah I am guilty of last minuting things but it usually works out okay. Top tip; Don't neglet the homeworks when revising. We had a huge question on one random homework I'd all but forgotten.

My revision strategy has always involved Netflix until the last few days aha. Keeps me sane. Even during intermediates when I binged anything I could find. Project year (Year 4 of BM5 for me, will be Year 3 of BM5 for you) means no Jan exams for me :woo: just a thesis to write but that can be done from bed with netflix :yes:.
Has anyone else here got an MMI interview for Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritless98

Posted from TSR Mobile

No didn't apply :smile:
I thought you didn't want to do medicine anymore lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritless98

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh I do
I already know I have failed. I don't think I fit the eligibility criteria. Is there a chance if my PS is really good that I could bypass that part of the application process so that I can get an interview?
Original post by 1lastchance
I already know I have failed. I don't think I fit the eligibility criteria. Is there a chance if my PS is really good that I could bypass that part of the application process so that I can get an interview?

No you have to fit the eligibility criteria

Absolutely not :no:. The whole point of the course is to provide places for students who meet the criteria. Otherwise everyone could just apply with an amazing PS and that isn't the point.

Why do you think you have failed? Did you manage to fill out the form etc?
Never mind. I am clearly annoying some users here. Maybe it is a sign to not study medicine. I'm not built for it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Never mind. I am clearly annoying some users here. Maybe it is a sign to not study medicine. I'm not built for it.

I don't think you're annoying anyone, what makes you think you don't fit the criteria?

You haven't annoyed anyone that I can see!!

You must have thought you were eligible at some point. Why has this changed?
Original post by Neostigmine
Looks like interviews will be Thursday 3 March and Monday 7 March so don't expect to hear for another 5 weeks or so!

Hi, do we have to bring exam certificates and work experience letters on interview day?
Original post by Neostigmine
You haven't annoyed anyone that I can see!!

You must have thought you were eligible at some point. Why has this changed?

'Annoyance'

Someone pm'd me to say I was annoying them. Nevermind. :confused:

Reason I don't match the eligibility criteria:

I have been at uni before (just for one term though) which I had to leave due to my mental health, so I fail that part of the eligibility criteria.

Interview dates

Have interviews started being given out yet? If so, how long will they be given out for?
'Annoyance'

I have been at uni before (just for one term though) which I had to leave due to my mental health, so I fail that part of the eligibility criteria.

Interview dates

Have interviews started being given out yet? If so, how long will they be given out for?

That doesn't sound like a nice PM. Can you report it so the community team can take a look at it please. You shouldn't be getting messages like that when you're only asking for advice.
Original post by mil88
Hi, do we have to bring exam certificates and work experience letters on interview day?

Not usually. They'll tell you if you do.

'Annoyance'

Interview dates

1) Report that. That is not acceptable behaviour for someone on TSR.
2) That might not rule you out. Phone and ask.
3) Nope. Not until Feb/March :smile:
Okay guys I'm freaking out! After I sent off my eligibility forms this is part of the email I received:

We acknowledge receipt of all eligibility criteria forms. If you have not received an acknowledgement email by the 15th December then please contact us by 22nd December - at the latest. This is a very busy time for us, therefore we request that you please do not call us before the 15th December to check whether we have received your form.

Now I didn't receive an acknowledgement email and I didn't contact them by the 22nd and now I'm FREAKING OUT! I am the only one in this situation? Should I call them now? Also a friend of mine said she got an interview already! I didn't think they were giving out interviews till February. Honestly so worried right now
Original post by Hopeful-x-Medic
Okay guys I'm freaking out! After I sent off my eligibility forms this is part of the email I received:

We acknowledge receipt of all eligibility criteria forms. If you have not received an acknowledgement email by the 15th December then please contact us by 22nd December - at the latest. This is a very busy time for us, therefore we request that you please do not call us before the 15th December to check whether we have received your form.

Now I didn't receive an acknowledgement email and I didn't contact them by the 22nd and now I'm FREAKING OUT! I am the only one in this situation? Should I call them now? Also a friend of mine said she got an interview already! I didn't think they were giving out interviews till February. Honestly so worried right now

I didn't get the email or an interview either
Reply 617

When is your friends interview date ?
Original post by DBoyH2O
When is your friends interview date ?

Apparently 4th of March so...
Apparently 4th of March so...

There are not BM6 interviews on the 4th, They're on the 3rd and the 7th of March

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending