The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
Ooh, when was your Nottingham interview? It could have been on the same day as mine XD my king's interview was on the 14th and my Nottingham one was on the 18th :biggrin:
Aw, I'm sorry about Sheffield :frown: So many of my friends also got rejected pre-interview, they seem to be really harsh with their selection criteria

My Nottingham one was only three days ago ahahah :smile: I had Leicester two days before that, so it was all a bit of a rush... Have you heard anything from Nottingham?? I think my personal statement must have been a bit dodgy regarding Sheffield :L
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 881
It was harder than my Birmingham interview, but slightly easier than my Nottingham interview - or maybe about the same XD

Thanks aha I haven't applied to Nottingham or Birmingham so can really compare but still thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
To anyone who's had an interview, do you think that it can be prepared for or were the questions quite obscure? I have mine next thursday :biggrin:
I have an interview coming up mid Feb and had a few questions for anyone who's already had an interview - I would honestly really really appreciate it if anyone could help as I have no clue how to go about preparing!

How long exactly are the stations, or do they vary and if so how? Do the interviewers ask follow up questions or are you supposed to talk for the full ____ minutes? Are there any group stations? Have the interviewers seen your UCAS form i.e. did you have any personal statement based questions like in panel interviews? And finally, was there a station where you had to write something like an essay?

Thanks so much people! :smile: x
Original post by strawberrypie
I have an interview coming up mid Feb and had a few questions for anyone who's already had an interview - I would honestly really really appreciate it if anyone could help as I have no clue how to go about preparing!

How long exactly are the stations, or do they vary and if so how? Do the interviewers ask follow up questions or are you supposed to talk for the full ____ minutes? Are there any group stations? Have the interviewers seen your UCAS form i.e. did you have any personal statement based questions like in panel interviews? And finally, was there a station where you had to write something like an essay?

Thanks so much people! :smile: x

Hi lik you i have my interview in feb, i have mine on the 12th, each station is crom 5-8 minutes longs and they consist of a senario which tests your non cognitive ability, once you stop talking i guess the interviewer will ask a follow up question to make yoy talk aboit another aspect of the situation etc, i dont know about kings but some other unis do have group stations so just be open to that, apparently the interviewers havent seen your ucas application although they will see your personal statement and there could be a station in which they talk to you about it
Oh no, I had my interview on the 14th of December but I haven't heard anything back yet :frown: shiiiiiiiit

Yeah same here. Maybe they're only giving out offers to people who clearly landed above the cut-off, and for the rest of us they're just waiting a little longer until they interview some more people so the average score becomes a little clearer. I'm not sure if you know what I mean but yeah.
Original post by gkallikas
Yeah same here. Maybe they're only giving out offers to people who clearly landed above the cut-off, and for the rest of us they're just waiting a little longer until they interview some more people so the average score becomes a little clearer. I'm not sure if you know what I mean but yeah.

but not many people seem to have gotten offers? (or maybe not many have posted at least) so they may be handing then out slowly over a space of days I hope?
No, one person's was on the 15th :/

Ahhhh ok thanks, mine was 15th too :frown:
Original post by .georgie
My Nottingham one was only three days ago ahahah :smile: I had Leicester two days before that, so it was all a bit of a rush... Have you heard anything from Nottingham?? I think my personal statement must have been a bit dodgy regarding Sheffield :L

Haha wow, not much time between interviews :tongue: that must have been intense XD Nothing from Nottingham yet, no :frown: I don't know when they're supposed to get back to us?

Original post by gkallikas

I agree with the person below, they've barely given out any offers from the looks of things, so maybe they'll be giving out more Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday? Hopefully? XD

Original post by lalalalala123456
but not many people seem to have gotten offers? (or maybe not many have posted at least) so they may be handing then out slowly over a space of days I hope?

I agree, I really hope this is true XD :lol:
Guys whatever you got on the UKCAT is fine i know someone who become a doctor next year she got 550 or bit less in her UKCAT which I understand this is below average for nursing staff? But she got in, you just need to show you want it more than everyone else.
PS She is at St George's though, cut offs can occur to speed up the process. King's last year used 630 as a dividing marker.
I agree with the person below, they've barely given out any offers from the looks of things, so maybe they'll be giving out more Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday? Hopefully? XD

True, so maybe the rest of us could be receiving emails soon too? Hopefully it's good news
Haha wow, not much time between interviews :tongue: that must have been intense XD Nothing from Nottingham yet, no :frown: I don't know when they're supposed to get back to us?

I agree, I really hope this is true XD :lol:

I'm so worried because I thought my interview went alright ;'O
I'm so worried because I thought my interview went alright ;'O

Same here! I came out of my interview feeling fairly positive but now I just don't know anymore :/
At King's, is it similar to Notts in that you have one room with 8 'cubicles' right next to each other?
After one station at Nott's, I was reading the instructions for the next but more focussed on the interviewers at the previous station laughing quietly for ages😖
Original post by .georgie
Same :biggrin: omg, when did you have your interview??

Congrats! Is your offer for A100?
Reply 895
So has everyone like sent just their GCSE certificates and passport photo through kings apply??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just out of interest, excluding A102 applicants, has anyone had an interview this month/do any of you have one coming up specifically in January?
Original post by misstac
Congrats! Is your offer for A100?

Thank you! :biggrin:
Yes :smile: I haven't finished my a levels yet so its conditional
Original post by Cbla98
So has everyone like sent just their GCSE certificates and passport photo through kings apply??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I just sent multiple messages with attachments
Reply 899
Original post by RDB1826
Yeah I just sent multiple messages with attachments

Thanks was that all we need to do pre-interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest