The Student Room Group

Need to break up with Boyfriend but his Birthday is soon

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
But you are saying you want to break up with him, you are kind of contradicting yourself if you are saying you like him yet you want to leave, honestly there is no easy way of doing it but if you feel you want to end it then there is no point waiting. Trust me I have been there before, the longer you leave it, the harder it will get. The other alternative is to just get on with it and stick by him. He is going to know at some point anyway that something is wrong.

It wasn't contradictory, I ' loved' ( rolls eyes long and hard ) him but I knew I couldn't stay.

He knew it was over, he said so himself ' Don't tell so and so we broke up because ' it wasn't even needed to be said.

After that, there was no going back and he knew that. Eventually it was going to peter out, it had to.

I loved him, but I had to break up because I was going to get killed.

I agree though, I got harder and harder.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by catsis
LOL! You are too much!!! XD

OP, how did a person like you end up with a person like that? How did you lower your standards that low? Time to get out of the hole, girl. Dust yourself off and pick up your crown on the way out. Leave those peasants on the streets and away!

Don't know. I felt a bit lost at the time..

+ I didn't really know he has an actual drug dealer ( I know I know my previous post BUT they were more signs and little bits coming out here and there than actually saying ' oh hey i'm a big ass drug dealer ' I would clarify but I can't right now ).
Original post by elmosandy
It wasn't contradictory, I ' loved' ( rolls eyes long and hard ) him but I knew I couldn't say.

He knew it was over, he said so himself ' Don't tell so and so we broke up because ' it wasn't needed to be said.

After that, there was no going back and he knew that. Eventually it was going to peter out, it had to.

I loved him, but I had to break up because I was going to get killed.

I agree though, I got harder and harder.

Fair play to you.
Original post by SeanFM
Fair play to you.

Honestly though I feel so .... stupid?

Did you read the whole thread ? you might change your mind -_-.

Anyways I'm glad I saw sense for me.
Are you breaking up because your family have found out about the relationship, and are forcing you to end it as it's against your religion?
Original post by SeanFM
Fair play to you.

Oh god lol.

Anyways I feel so proud the way it ended it did ( not the beatup )
Original post by simbasdragon
Are you breaking up because your family have found out about the relationship, and are forcing you to end it as it's against your religion?

Read the whole thread.

Doesn't apply to me now. I've moved on clearly.

I was breaking up because I would have ended up dead.

He told me he doesn't need me because ' i got money I can have anything I want, youre #@!s!, I make £20,000 a month im amazing im a gansta! '
Honestly though I feel so .... stupid?

Did you read the whole thread ? you might change your mind -_-.

Anyways I'm glad I saw sense for me.

Only the first post and the post I quoted :colondollar:

If I read through everything would I understand why you feel stupid, or is it something else?
Original post by poohat
guys don't care about this stuff

Hm
Original post by SeanFM

If I read through everything would I understand why you feel stupid, or is it something else?

Well... it is pretty hefty.

Basically my boyfriend I was a drug dealer. His took me to his sister's hourse where thy(his sister&friend) beat up the hell up. ( he didnt say he wass one really. in my previous I meant there where signs rather than an actual clarify from him, ah )

I stayed but I knew I needed to break up as I was going to get killed.

Eventually this happened... but he said something ' If I was a man I would hit you ' and it made me see the light.

You know where you lose all respect for someone after being 'madly' in love with them? This one of those times.

I wish I could just delete. Absolute deadbeat!!!!

Glad to see I moved on though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM

Excuse my articulate ( in the previous posts )
Reply 91
I really don't understand why you haven't broken up with him yet despite reading everything.
It just seems like you don't want to break up and birthdays aren't that special, you need to stop overthinking it.
Original post by FahzB
I really don't understand why you haven't broken up with him yet despite reading everything.
It just seems like you don't want to break up and birthdays aren't that special, you need to stop overthinking it.

I have this is an old thread ( dated Jan 17th last year )
Reply 93
I have this is an old thread ( dated Jan 17th last year )

Sorry, I don't know why it came up as a latest discussion.

So, when did you break up?
Original post by FahzB
Sorry, I don't know why it came up as a latest discussion.

So, when did you break up?

Because I bumped it back up.

July ( more or less )
Original post by FahzB

And I didn't. Obvs.
( sorry post marked me back as annoymous -_- )
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I need to break up officially with my Boyfriend. BUT his Brithday is on the 28th..

What should I do? Break up now a week before or let him enjoy his Birthday and break up one/two weeks after?

And I don't need advice on whether to break up or not, he'll understand why it's kinda happened already but I need to officially do it & now have anything to do with him ASAP .. BUT I want to do it at a appropriate time, because officially breakup will still hurt his feelings and give him a memory of a crappy birthday ..

Guys don't sit and cry like girls do after a break up. We move to the next pump and dump material
Original post by The meal
Guys don't sit and cry like girls do after a break up. We move to the next pump and dump material

Really oh right. But idc. Not even when you love someone?. Old thread.
Original post by The meal

So do guys see every girlfriend as a pump and dump?
Really oh right. But idc. Not even when you love someone?. Old thread.

Guys are less emotionally attached. Yes we can love, but we let go far easier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending