The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL, four-week reply time?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
That is really lucky! Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

Wow, that is quick! Congratulations on your offer! What is your subject? :smile:

Congratulations to you (and your friend) on your offers! :smile:

Have you heard back from QMUL yet? I know the feeling :frown: What is your subject?

Good luck with your application! Have you heard back from QMUL yet? :smile:

That is super quick! Congratulations on your offer! Is it your first choice? :smile:

:frown: I'm sorry to hear that you have been kept waiting too! Have you heard back from Queen Mary yet? What is your subject? :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Have you heard back yet? What subject have you applied for? :smile:

Wow! That is a long time to wait (and just before Christmas!). Are you studying there now? :smile:

Thank you! Yes it is my firm choice, just worried that in one particular subject I may not get a "B". Wondering if QMUL are leniant in this degree area. hopefully you get an offer soon as well, I know people who have taken months to get offers so don't be disheartened
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Hiya! I just got my offer from QMUL which requires me getting AAB, but I'm predicted ABB?! I'm not sure if I can get another A, so to current QMUL students, were they lenient with you? Also I'm taking Psychology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys,
I've submitted my application on the 12th of december, today's the 12 of January and I still haven't heard anything.
Is it a bad sign? Have any of you had an offer after or on the 4 week time?
Let me knowwww I'm a bit anxious :smile:
Thanks
xx
Original post by Curryman98
Thank you! Yes it is my firm choice, just worried that in one particular subject I may not get a "B". Wondering if QMUL are leniant in this degree area. hopefully you get an offer soon as well, I know people who have taken months to get offers so don't be disheartened

Thank-you very much, and I hope that everything works out for you! My sixth form said that they were quite lenient, so hopefully you will be fine :smile:

Original post by KM971105
Hiya! I just got my offer from QMUL which requires me getting AAB, but I'm predicted ABB?! I'm not sure if I can get another A, so to current QMUL students, were they lenient with you? Also I'm taking Psychology.

Heya! Congratulations on your offer, what did you apply for? Hopefully you will be fine, good luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lolalololola
Hey Guys,
I've submitted my application on the 12th of december, today's the 12 of January and I still haven't heard anything.
Is it a bad sign? Have any of you had an offer after or on the 4 week time?
Let me knowwww I'm a bit anxious :smile:
Thanks
xx

Hey! I applied on the 14th October and still have not heard anything (my 4 weeks was up on 11th November), so I am very stressed. Other English applicants have been offered an interview, had the interview, and been accepted. The outcome is not good for me. What subject did you apply for? Around the Oxbridge and UCAS deadlines, they are very slow, so hopefully you will be fine. Good luck! xx
(edited 2 years ago)
January Update:

Applied for BA English on 14th October 2015. It is has now been 13 weeks (or 2 months, 30 days / 91 days) since I sent off my application. Everybody that I know that has applied for English has been offered an interview, had the interview, and received offers...and I have yet to hear anything at all beyond the acknowledgement email.

I guess I now have to face certain rejection...just wish they would hurry up already and put me out of my misery :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, just scraping in to ask if anyone has any information on the interview process at QMUL. I've got one for English on the 20th D: I've kinda prepped by rereading my PS etc but I wondered if their style of questions can trip you up; more to the point, do they expect you to analyse a piece of lit on the spot?
I'm not exactly opposed to doing so, but I would rather not. I can talk at length about favourite authors/poetry/everything I mentioned on my PS basically, but I can just imagine myself stumbling over trying to verbally analyse an unseen piece. QMUL is my top choice - that being said I wouldn't be suicidal over rejection, but yeah, the least I can do is not screw up the interview, especially if something could go wrong in the exams this summer. Any thoughts?
Hi Guys,

I've been invited for an interview on Feb 10th for the English and Drama course as part of an 'afternoon of events'. Is this a proper interview or do they invite all their applicants to this interview?
Reply 27
I really hope I get in!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending