The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Afaq_-
I received an offer a while back for Forensic science. Vary happy as Bournemouth is my first choice.

Offer based on me getting - 240 UCAS points, they ask for 300 normally. Very happy and thankful.

Anyone else doing Forensics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great news, congratulations Afaq!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by dragonsonmars
I've received an offer for Adult Nursing! :excited: Bournemouth has been my first choice since the start so I'm over the moon! Although my conditions feel a bit high - 340 UCAS points! Is there any reason for this, or is it simply because it's my targeted amount of points?

Hi dragonsonmars,

Congratulations on your offer! If you drop an email to [email protected] with your details, they should be able to tell you why your conditions are that high. Might be worth checking!

Katie
Reply 62
I just got my unconditional offer from Bournemouth to study Media Production. I'm excited but extremely nervous and wanted to know if anyone else is going to Bournemouth for definite yet? And if anyone is studying the same course as I am? I think it would be nice to make a couple of friends before arriving to the university in September :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by SamHarding
Just received unconditional offer for business studies at Bournemouth which is my first choice. So am wondering about accomadation which halls is best for social life etc...

I recently just sent off my application about 3 weeks ago. Bournemouth University studying business being my first choice too :smile:
Original post by Drakos
I just got my unconditional offer from Bournemouth to study Media Production. I'm excited but extremely nervous and wanted to know if anyone else is going to Bournemouth for definite yet? And if anyone is studying the same course as I am? I think it would be nice to make a couple of friends before arriving to the university in September :smile:

Hi Drakos,

Good idea posting in the student room, hopefully you'll be able to find some people on your course soon! You also could check out Facebook and see if they have a 2016 BU page, I joined one of those pages before I came here and found quite a few people that way.

Also I am a second year student at Bournemouth studying Television Production. Our courses share a few units together, mainly theory ones, but if you had any questions about the course at all I'd be happy to share what I know? I also have a couple friends on the course who seem to really enjoy it! You have picked a good course :-)

Gemma :biggrin:
Original post by Kat129
Daft question time! Do students bring laptops into lectures to take notes etc or is it still done with good old fashioned pen and paper? I am coming in as a mature student and have no idea what is normal.

Hi Kat129,

It all depends. I am a second year student at BU studying Television Production and on my course I would say it's evenly split: half bring in laptops and type up notes and the other write with pen and paper. Personally I do both and change it around from time to time.

I would suggest you see what your lecturers are like first. You'd be surprised but some people don't like seeing half their students looking at a screen.. although I've only ever encountered one lecturer who was really against it. If you want to use your laptop, my suggestion is that on the first day you bring in some paper in your bag as well.. just to be safe :-)

Hope this helped and if you have any other questions about BU feel free to ask!
Gemma :biggrin:
Reply 66
Is anybody on here applying for or currently studying MA Scriptwriting at Bournemouth? I had my interview yesterday and I think it went really well, so I'm hoping to get an offer!
I recently got an unconditional offer from Bournemouth to study BSc Psychology. I wanted to find out if this university is good for studying Psychology..
I've recently accept an unconditional offer to study Multimedia Journalism MA at Bournemouth in September. Cannot wait to return!
Original post by FrazerLloyd
I've recently accept an unconditional offer to study Multimedia Journalism MA at Bournemouth in September. Cannot wait to return!

Congratulations Frazer! Did you study your undergrad with us?

Katie
Original post by fundakilinc
I recently got an unconditional offer from Bournemouth to study BSc Psychology. I wanted to find out if this university is good for studying Psychology..

Congratulations! We think so, but then we're a little bit biased. Is there anything you'd like to know?

Katie
Got my offer for computer science, probably going to put it as my insurance
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bournemouth University
Congratulations Frazer! Did you study your undergrad with us?

Katie

Hi Katie! Yeah I graduated from Bournemouth four/five years ago now.
Original post by FrazerLloyd
Hi Katie! Yeah I graduated from Bournemouth four/five years ago now.

Great news! Did you study Multimedia Journalism before, or was it something different?

And hopefully you already know, but have you heard about our discount for BU graduates?

Katie
Reply 74
On the interview assessment days info it doesn't say anything about maths or English tests. Do they have them for the PGDip Nursing courses?
Original post by partdeux
On the interview assessment days info it doesn't say anything about maths or English tests. Do they have them for the PGDip Nursing courses?

Hello!

Don't worry, there aren't any maths and English tests in your particular interview! You will still need to have a minimum of 4 GCSEs (grades A*-C), including Maths and English or appropriate Key Skills Level 2. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Katie
Reply 76
Okay, so I've got a bit of a problem here. ( Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so sorry about that. )

There's a chance I've completely missed something, but for some reason I can no longer log on to eVision/MyApplication to view my application anymore. When I went to ask for a new password thinking it might help the problem, I was told my Email wasn't registered on there.

Am I just being stupid or has something gone wrong?
Hi guys, quick message to say I have received a conditional offer for social work to start in September! Absolutely over the moon as it is my first choice! Any other social work applicants out there?
Original post by Mxgneto
Okay, so I've got a bit of a problem here. ( Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so sorry about that. )

There's a chance I've completely missed something, but for some reason I can no longer log on to eVision/MyApplication to view my application anymore. When I went to ask for a new password thinking it might help the problem, I was told my Email wasn't registered on there.

Am I just being stupid or has something gone wrong?

Hello,

Is it MyHub that you can't get into? If you drop an email to [email protected], they should be able to help you. Hope you get it all worked out!

Katie
Original post by Alisha hollow
Hi guys, quick message to say I have received a conditional offer for social work to start in September! Absolutely over the moon as it is my first choice! Any other social work applicants out there?

Congratulations Alisha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending