The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baconwoo
Have a lot of people had rejections back from kings? :/

I think they're waiting until after the Jan 15 deadline to get at all to any straight-law, non-scholarship applicants (considering that as far as I'm aware, those are the only people who haven't gotten feedback so far).

The thing that I think is kind of weird is that they specifically say that they try to respond within 60 working days, but I'm starting to think that rule doesn't apply to law applicants.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at both and pick unis that are in top ranks in both tables
Any more people heard from Bristol?
Offers/ rejections?

Thanks!
That long wait makes me so nervous :biggrin: Durham and UCL (as well as other unis) take so much to get back to us...Is there someone here who had sent off his/her application at the end of November and is already rejected/offered a place :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for a scholarship and a couple of days ago asked if they had received it- They replied and also said that my main application was "ON HOLD" waiting decision. I guess we are all in a big pool waiting until last UCAS applications are in this Friday. Once all are in I guess they will order the pool and reject the lower end.
Original post by crocface
I applied for a scholarship and a couple of days ago asked if they had received it- They replied and also said that my main application was "ON HOLD" waiting decision. I guess we are all in a big pool waiting until last UCAS applications are in this Friday. Once all are in I guess they will order the pool and reject the lower end.

<<<<for Bristol I mean
Original post by coalesce
I think they're waiting until after the Jan 15 deadline to get at all to any straight-law, non-scholarship applicants (considering that as far as I'm aware, those are the only people who haven't gotten feedback so far).

The thing that I think is kind of weird is that they specifically say that they try to respond within 60 working days, but I'm starting to think that rule doesn't apply to law applicants.

I haven't heard back from them either but it says they should have replied within 60 days on the portal thing
I was just wondering if we need to send UCL our LNAT candidate number. I ticked all my universities on the LNAT information page but King's recently asked me to send them my candidate number so I'm not sure. Do I need to contact them with my LNAT number??????? Thanks
Original post by l-etranger
I was just wondering if we need to send UCL our LNAT candidate number. I ticked all my universities on the LNAT information page but King's recently asked me to send them my candidate number so I'm not sure. Do I need to contact them with my LNAT number??????? Thanks

All I did was to enter my UCAS ID in my LNAT account on pearson VUE. And ,of course, I ticked the LNAT unis that I want to receive my score :smile:
Yesterday, just like you, I got worried that probably my LNAT unis had not received my score. I sent UCL an email and they confirmed that everything is clear and they DO have my results.
So, no worries. If you had filled in your UCAS ID on pearson VUE website - everything should be ok.
However, if you are still panicking - contact the universities to ask them :smile:
Good luck
Original post by Bobkata
All I did was to enter my UCAS ID in my LNAT account on pearson VUE. And ,of course, I ticked the LNAT unis that I want to receive my score :smile:
Yesterday, just like you, I got worried that probably my LNAT unis had not received my score. I sent UCL an email and they confirmed that everything is clear and they DO have my results.
So, no worries. If you had filled in your UCAS ID on pearson VUE website - everything should be ok.
However, if you are still panicking - contact the universities to ask them :smile:
Good luck

Thank you for reassuring me... I may send them an email just to give me complete peace of mind. Best of luck to you for all your unis! :smile:
Reply 1090
Just got an offer from QMUL on the condition of A*AA. Does anyone have them as their first choice?
Original post by CJaneH
I haven't heard back from them either but it says they should have replied within 60 days on the portal thing

60 working days.
[QUOTE="Cholesta;61775309"]
Original post by aubergine7
Anyone heard from Nottingham yet??

My son got an offer for law, the second week in November. Still waiting for LSE and UCL. He had an early offer for LSE last year and he marginally missed his offer. Unfortunately, even with extenuating circumstances, that they agreed were terrible, they still wouldn't take him. UCL have waived their no resit policy for him. Nottingham is an excellent university and their law school is highly regarded. I hope you hear soon. Do you mind me asking what grades you have at GCSE?

Hello!
I wonder under what circumstances does UCL waive its no-resit policy, if you don't mind me asking?
All the best though! Hope that your son gets his ideal school this round ^^
[QUOTE="perfaketion;61936655"]
Original post by Cholesta

Hello!
I wonder under what circumstances does UCL waive its no-resit policy, if you don't mind me asking?
All the best though! Hope that your son gets his ideal school this round ^^

His dad died and then he under performed in a module. Since been rejected by UCL.
Original post by asgunsur
Hi! Thank you for your answer. Can you post the link of the world rankings please? Because all the world rankings that I have looked at say that Manchester is 40th and Queen Mary is somewhere between 151-200 . :frown:

And Manchester also has a legal advice centre, which makes the decision even harder.

Do you have more pro arguments for QM ? :smile: haha I need to be convinced

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2015/law-legal-studies

Yes Manchester does also have a legal advice centre but it is generally for postgraduate students and does not have the specific projects in the same way as QMUL
I think the fact it's in London does bear a lot of weight as this means links are built throughout your time at QMUL
I would be v surprised if anyone chose Manchester of QMUL for law, generally I would say that people (who know anything about law at uni) would be far more impressed with an offer from QMUL than Manchester
I'd have a look at whatuni for more stats and stuff!
Original post by kirblaw3
http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2015/law-legal-studies

Yes Manchester does also have a legal advice centre but it is generally for postgraduate students and does not have the specific projects in the same way as QMUL
I think the fact it's in London does bear a lot of weight as this means links are built throughout your time at QMUL
I would be v surprised if anyone chose Manchester of QMUL for law, generally I would say that people (who know anything about law at uni) would be far more impressed with an offer from QMUL than Manchester
I'd have a look at whatuni for more stats and stuff!

Just to add something to your answer :smile:
Basically, all London unis (except Thames Valley uni, London Met etc..you know them) would provide you with amazing legal education.
However, RG unis like Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Bristol etc will also give you outstanding legal education as well. These unis are well-respected worldwide and targeted by employers. Tbh, most city firms don't look at league tables so it doesn't really matter if the university you choose is 7th or 15th :smile: (as long as it is a good university at all and you achieve at least 2:1)
The league table you posted is definitely good but quite subjective. I cannot agree that Bristol should be ranked between 51-100. In fact, this university is the third most targeted by the biggest law firms in the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Cholesta;61937851"]
Original post by perfaketion

His dad died and then he under performed in a module. Since been rejected by UCL.

Sorry about that. Hope that things go better this year (:
[QUOTE="perfaketion;61938415"]
Original post by Cholesta

Sorry about that. Hope that things go better this year (:

Hoping LSE will make him another offer this year.
I have a QMUL offer, I´m waiting on Bristol, if I get it I will put Bristol first, QMUL second
What are your reasons for putting Bristol first? I have offers from them, but I'm unsure of which one to firm.

Original post by crocface
I have a QMUL offer, I´m waiting on Bristol, if I get it I will put Bristol first, QMUL second

Latest