St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 341
Original post by Ibac
It really sucks :frown:

Where else have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and KCL.
I already got an offer from Glasgow and Kings :smile: You?
Original post by charliemaths1207
Thanks! :smile: I was wondering is it much harder going in on second year I know the fast track is a combination of first and second year but is it a lot of extra work? Also what is the social side like because you are joining a class that has already been together a year?

It is definitely a step up from high school but nothing unmanageable. The social side is fine as not only will there be others who are entering into second year modules but those who have already been at uni for a year are generally quite accepting of new people - you'll end up next to someone you don't know in a maths lecture or tutorial or computing workshop and you'll get chatting to them quite quickly.
I made most of my friends in my hall; you'll come to know a lot of people.
Reply 343
Original post by FJ17
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and KCL.
I already got an offer from Glasgow and Kings :smile: You?

Oxford (rejected) Warwick (offer) UCL Edinburgh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I'm starting to panic about my medicine interview!! Do you think having a band 2 in SJT will put me at a massive disadvantage? Would I basically have to have a perfect interview to get an offer? 😔
Applied for International Relations with French and Russian on the 13th of November, still waiting for a response
Original post by ispyjonnytriff
WhatUni often give acceptance rates for individual courses: such as English and Comp Lit

I don't know exactly how accurate they are - the figure generally given by the university is an average of 12 applications per place, rising to 20 for very popular subjects like economics and international relations.

Thanks.

That looks kinda high... :s-smilie: :tongue:
Reply 347
Original post by Ibac
Oxford (rejected) Warwick (offer) UCL Edinburgh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

me- Oxford (rejected) warwick(offer) Glasgow(offer) Edinburgh and here(st andrews):colondollar:
Reply 348
Original post by Abbh
me- Oxford (rejected) warwick(offer) Glasgow(offer) Edinburgh and here(st andrews):colondollar:

I suppose you are applying (as me) for PPE :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for IR+Econ from the US a few days ago, and reading through here there's so many people who applied for said combo and now i'm worried
Reply 350
Original post by teenagecrime
I applied for IR+Econ from the US a few days ago, and reading through here there's so many people who applied for said combo and now i'm worried

Don't worry! I think that at St Andrews US students are really welcomed :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teenagecrime

Original post by Ibac
Don't worry! I think that at St Andrews US students are really welcomed :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

St Andrews is full of Americans ;D don't worry, your stats are probably really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Valesker
Applied for International Relations with French and Russian on the 13th of November, still waiting for a response

I applied for the same, minus the French, at around the same time as you and have yet to hear anything. I assume that at this late a stage they'll probably wait till after the Jan 15 deadline. Where else have you applied?
Original post by Flaubertshowbear
I applied for the same, minus the French, at around the same time as you and have yet to hear anything. I assume that at this late a stage they'll probably wait till after the Jan 15 deadline. Where else have you applied?

Yeah I assume the same :tongue:

Also applied to LSE (International Relations), UCL (European Social and Political Studies), Bristol (Politics and French) and Durham (Combined Honours in Social Sciences)

How about you?
Reply 354
Original post by mich_86
does anyone know what time they send out the letters of admission for students in the United States? I'm wondering If I'll get an email at like 2 am ? May sound a bit ridiculous but I'm curious and would really appreciate any insight.

I got my offer at 2:32 in the morning on Thanksgiving! 😂 So it's possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone. I am from India. Just received an offer for maths and computer science.
Original post by Valesker
Yeah I assume the same :tongue:

Also applied to LSE (International Relations), UCL (European Social and Political Studies), Bristol (Politics and French) and Durham (Combined Honours in Social Sciences)

How about you?

It's still fairly frustrating. Not a great at waiting.

Oh good stuff. I've applied to UCL x2 ( Politics and East European Studies & Russian Studies), Bristol (Politics and Russian) and Edinburgh (Russian Studies and Politics)

See you in East Fife in the Autumn, possibly.
Original post by Flaubertshowbear
It's still fairly frustrating. Not a great at waiting.

Oh good stuff. I've applied to UCL x2 ( Politics and East European Studies & Russian Studies), Bristol (Politics and Russian) and Edinburgh (Russian Studies and Politics)

See you in East Fife in the Autumn, possibly.

Желаю тебе удачи :smile:
Hello,

Has anybody else here applied for Geology? I have received offers from all of my choices apart from St. Andrews. Has anybody doing Geology received an offer from here?

Many thanks,

James
Original post by James B96
Hello,

Has anybody else here applied for Geology? I have received offers from all of my choices apart from St. Andrews. Has anybody doing Geology received an offer from here?

Many thanks,

James

Hi James,
If you've applied through UCAS you're unlikely to hear before the UCAS deadline (although that's quite close I believe!) The university give out offers as soon as they can but it can take a while; they usually aim to have them all given out by the end of March although I know a lot of people (including myself) who heard back much earlier.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending