The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iCreptio
From what others have posted c. 2-3 days I believe, congratulations!

Thank you, I'm so so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by 05autyt
Thank you, I'm so so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be! It took them 1.5 days for me but then again I got my offer a while back.

See you in Cambridge :smile:
Original post by Josb
Is there a way to reduce the size of a pdf document? Mine is obviously above the 2mb limit. :colonhash:

A quick google search and I found : https://www.pdfcompress.com/

No idea if that's what you're looking for though..
Reply 903
Original post by iCreptio
A quick google search and I found : https://www.pdfcompress.com/

No idea if that's what you're looking for though..

Thanks, it works!
Original post by Aceadria
You should be! It took them 1.5 days for me but then again I got my offer a while back.

See you in Cambridge :smile:

Eeek! See you there! What colleges have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wondering if any fellow economists have received offers for an Mphil in Economics or Finance&Economics?
Original post by 05autyt
Eeek! See you there! What colleges have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jesus (first choice) :smile:. Yourself?
Reply 907
Aren't U.S. students notified earlier for certain awards?

I was under the impression the Gates scholarship was the only early notice US students received. There could be more, but I haven't read of any.
Jesus (first choice) :smile:. Yourself?

Fitzwilliam first choice and Pembroke second :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 909
Congratulations to those who have received offers! I haven't submitted, as my preferred supervisor is still sending me a few suggestions on how to improve the proposal. I have an interview tomorrow for another university, any tips? I have no idea what they will be asking...
Reply 910
Jesus (first choice) . Yourself?

Original post by 05autyt

What made you guys pick those colleges? I'm always curious about how others decided to choose because I really had zero idea what to look for when I was choosing. (I ended up at my first choice, St. John's.)
Original post by Young Oldman
Any news from my engineering fellas?

I was accepted for M Phil in Engineering in for Sustainable Development and was assigned Magdalene College.

International applicant (South Africa) currently stressing about for funding and I have applied for many scholarships (currently only shortlisted for Commonwealth)

Application complete: 19 Oct 2015
Submitted supp. doc: 3 Nov 2015
Degree Comm: 13 Nov 2015
BoGS: Can't recall
Offer: 24 Nov 2015
Original post by victoriaB1995
Wondering if any fellow economists have received offers for an Mphil in Economics or Finance&Economics?

I'm still waiting for MPhil in Economics - I only submitted my application around the 5th of December - and my references were submitted circa a week later. I guess I've still got a month or so to wait.
Original post by 05autyt
Help!
Just checked camsis and after having my interview Friday I've moved to the board of graduate studies today!
Does this mean I'm getting an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently BoGS is just administrative. I pray they make you an offer and you secure funding (if you need it). I hope all students in this page can meet when we get to Cambridge
Original post by Impune
What made you guys pick those colleges? I'm always curious about how others decided to choose because I really had zero idea what to look for when I was choosing. (I ended up at my first choice, St. John's.)

A number of reasons:

a) Robert Malthus went there (one of my favourite scholars);
b) Within Cambridge it's considered to have some of the friendliest people - not big on people who have little sense of community, regardless of their views;
c) It's a rich college, with a very well-stocked library;
d) Huge grounds and strong reputation in sports. I'm no longer a competitive athlete but it's nice to have access to these facilities.

If I ever go back to Cambridge, I may apply to St. John's. A friend of mine went there and said it was really good for PhDs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BSDladla
Apparently BoGS is just administrative. I pray they make you an offer and you secure funding (if you need it). I hope all students in this page can meet when we get to Cambridge

Absolutely! I believe there's a group on Facebook for 2016 applicants.
Original post by 05autyt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! Hope you get them :smile:
Original post by Impune

For me I picked Trinity as first choice because they had a few fellowships (by they rejected me, not surpise though) and Magdalene because it has Mandela Magdalene Scholarship for South Africans and they had accomodation for students bring family.

I also had a pdf with the average weekly accommodate rates for each college. Some colleges were very expensive.

Funding is important for me as an applicant from a wonderful developing country (South Africa: best place on earth for my charactor) and my family cannot afford Cambridge

Magdalene is also a beautiful college and as a Anglican I like the Master of the college.

Apologies for the Essay
Absolutely! I believe there's a group on Facebook for 2016 applicants.

Yes I joined that group/ page.

Please also join: its " Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry "
Reply 919
Original post by BSDladla
For me I picked Trinity as first choice because they had a few fellowships (by they rejected me, not surpise though) and Magdalene because it has Mandela Magdalene Scholarship for South Africans and they had accomodation for students bring family.

I also had a pdf with the average weekly accommodate rates for each college. Some colleges were very expensive.

Funding is important for me as an applicant from a wonderful developing country (South Africa: best place on earth for my charactor) and my family cannot afford Cambridge

Magdalene is also a beautiful college and as a Anglican I like the Master of the college.

Apologies for the Essay

I'm really hoping you get funding. With the rand having crashed the way it has I fear there will be even fewer SA students making their way to Cambridge :frown: ....The cost of my masters at Cam has literally doubled in rand terms (increase in fees + rand fall) in 3 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending