The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
Sorry but that 4-0 defeat at Southampton has pretty much every team thinking they can blow arsenal out of sight on their own turf. All they need is a Shane Long type of striker that gets behind the defence

You're talking like Soton were not very lucky in that game. 1st goal offside in the build up (plus a once in a lifetime strike), 2nd goal Long clearly fouled Koscielny, 3rd goal not a corner.

But that's not the point. We were talking about Ramsey and I fail to see how that was his fault. May I remind you we have suffered much larger and embarrassing defeats with Cazorla in CM (5-1 at anfield and 6-0 at the bridge, in which Cazorla was pathetic).
Original post by AliRizzo
You're talking like Soton were not very lucky in that game. 1st goal offside in the build up (plus a once in a lifetime strike), 2nd goal Long clearly fouled Koscielny, 3rd goal not a corner.

But that's not the point. We were talking about Ramsey and I fail to see how that was his fault. May I remind you we have suffered much larger and embarrassing defeats with Cazorla in CM (5-1 at anfield and 6-0 at the bridge, in which Cazorla was pathetic).

It is Ramsey's fault to an extent, after going 1-0 down Wanyama and Clasie played him off the park. We haven't won a Premier League game from a losing position at half time for over four years.
(so basically, all that the opposition need to do is to be ahead at HT)
(edited 8 years ago)
It is Ramsey's fault to an extent, after going 1-0 down Wanyama and Clasie played him off the park. We haven't won a Premier League game from a losing position at half time for over four years.
(so basically, all that the opposition need to do is to be ahead at HT)

Again, an irrelevant stat which I'm failing to understand in your argument. What's the point of it? What does it have to do with Ramsey? There are 10 other players in the team. In our last game Ramsey came on and immediately changed the game by scoring a goal to put us ahead. I think that is more relevant.

Soton played better than us on the day too, we lost the battle in midfield but our attack was also anonymous and we made a lot of mistakes in defence. All the players take equal blame for that defeat.
Original post by AliRizzo
You're off your nut. Cazorla was ****ting himself in midfield most of 2015, only really good performances was at the Etihad and against United (when every Arsenal player played an 8/10 that day). No surprise Ramsey comes back in CM and we start winning games left right and centre.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/ehqf5h45v0q1mdka4njhnq/Show/Player-Focus-Cazorla-Continues-to-Impress-in-Withdrawn-Midfield-Role

We got the most points in the league in 2015, so whats this nonsense about not winning matches with Santi in CM
(edited 8 years ago)
Caulker's gonna get you :teeth:
Original post by sevchenko
http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/ehqf5h45v0q1mdka4njhnq/Show/Player-Focus-Cazorla-Continues-to-Impress-in-Withdrawn-Midfield-Role

We got the most points in the league in 2015, so whats this nonsense about not winning matches with Santi in CM

Sorry, I should have been a little more frank, although I never said anything about not picking points up in 2015, his performances in the centre were hardly something to admire. I said he **** himself, essentially if it were not for Coquelin covering his arse we would have lost a lot more games. We went through a very bad spell in which we only won 1/5 games in November, through which Cazorla's performances in CM were appalling.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
Caulker's gonna get you :teeth:

He's got Spurs genetics mate, he'll fulfill his destiny of losing to Arsenal.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze

Caulker let in 6 against the club he just signed for. Plus he played in relegation teams during the two previous seasons
Caulker let in 6 against the club he just signed for. Plus he played in relegation teams during the two previous seasons

He used to be a high potential on Fifa. But then the Spurs genetics got him.
So, are we against Kolo-Caulker tomorrow, then?
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze

Doesn't that just mean he'll score against Arsenal?
well, BBC Sport, according to viewer votes, lines up five Arsenal players in a Premier League XI to face the Fifpro XI (with 0 Premier League players but 4 Barca players)

(edited 8 years ago)
Ozil Barkley and KDB midfield just lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neymar against Bellerin tho
Neymar would eat him.
Reply 2615
Nah Neymar will show respect to his future Barca Captain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Monreal, Koscielny and Smalling against Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar is straight up rape. Arsenal fans are ridiculous for even voting Monreal and Bellerin in when neither are the best Right or Left back in London.
Whats even jokes is that Terry was the best defender last season but obviously a poll so I guess its not much of a suprise:biggrin:.
Original post by Rk2k14
Whats even jokes is that Terry was the best defender last season but obviously a poll so I guess its not much of a suprise:biggrin:.

why would you pick someone for a game this season based on how good they were last season
Original post by sr90
Ozil Barkley and KDB midfield just lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

One can only assume that the manager of this team is Tim Sherwood with Gareth Cook as assistant manager

Latest