The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Australia vs India ODI series starts tomorrow. First bilateral ODI series India are playing in Australia which is weird. Mainly just hoping that we put up a good fight and perform. A few debuts will be in order of the series so lets see how they do, too.

Lets hope its a close series.
Reply 521
How long before Australia give Shaun Marsh a chance?
Dale Steyn ruled out of the third test. Will probably be an unchanged side then, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rohit Sharma is the fastest to 1000 ODI runs against Australia, faster than even Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Want India to do well. Shikhar needs to be rested he's out of form! Someone like utthapa should open instead
Original post by moment of truth
Australia vs India ODI series starts tomorrow. First bilateral ODI series India are playing in Australia which is weird. Mainly just hoping that we put up a good fight and perform. A few debuts will be in order of the series so lets see how they do, too.

Lets hope its a close series.

Yeah!!!
Good start for india!
Rohit Sharma played brilliantly so as kohli.

Smith and bailey seems to have the say though!
Anyways lets hope it would become a wonderful series!!
Anyone else worried about the New Zealand??
Their squad is scary!!
I think they would pick the 20/20 world cup this year!!
Steven Smith, what a player! Very good comeback by Australia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 528
Anybody else think Sharma and Kohli were disappointingly slow with their scoring?

The lack of DRS is a joke, too. How long can India go on for without it? Bailey would have been out for a duck.

Smith averages 93 against India in Tests, with 4 centuries in 6, and is even better in white-ball cricket with a 100 average, having posted two tons from 3.
Reply 529
Original post by Mackay
Anybody else think Sharma and Kohli were disappointingly slow with their scoring?

The lack of DRS is a joke, too. How long can India go on for without it? Bailey would have been out for a duck.

Smith averages 93 against India in Tests, with 4 centuries in 6, and is even better in white-ball cricket with a 100 average, having posted two tons from 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sharma still eats up dot balls then tries to make up for it later with boundaries, needs to sort that out. Kohli too seemed to take it casually when he could be scoring faster.

The Indian bowling attack has been the average booster for a while now. Smith, de kock, Root and de villiers have enjoyed whacking them in at least one format for a few years, which is what made it worse that hales flopped against them in that ODI series in 2014. The guy doesn't convince me as an ODI cricketer let alone test, but we'll see if he proves me wrong in these last 2 tests and ODI's.
Happy that Sran did well. Kohli and Sharma definitely could have gone big a few overs earlier, especially Sharma who was batting on a 100+ at the time. Getting to 309 was still a pretty good effort though. Credit to Australia.
Reply 531
Original post by JRP95
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sharma still eats up dot balls then tries to make up for it later with boundaries, needs to sort that out. Kohli too seemed to take it casually when he could be scoring faster.

The Indian bowling attack has been the average booster for a while now. Smith, de kock, Root and de villiers have enjoyed whacking them in at least one format for a few years, which is what made it worse that hales flopped against them in that ODI series in 2014. The guy doesn't convince me as an ODI cricketer let alone test, but we'll see if he proves me wrong in these last 2 tests and ODI's.

Happy that Sran did well. Kohli and Sharma definitely could have gone big a few overs earlier, especially Sharma who was batting on a 100+ at the time. Getting to 309 was still a pretty good effort though. Credit to Australia.

India definitely seemed to leave something in the tank, didn't they?

Dhoni has said he “may agree” with suggestions that his team are being punished by umpires for their failure to embrace decision-making technology.
Reply 532
Alex Hales a doubt for England’s third Test against SA due to illness. Something seems to be going around the England camp, with Compton only just recovering from a similar ailment.
Original post by Mackay
India definitely seemed to leave something in the tank, didn't they?

Dhoni has said he “may agree” with suggestions that his team are being punished by umpires for their failure to embrace decision-making technology.

As long as Dhoni is our ODI captain, I don't see us accepting the DRS. He is just too stubborn, to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rashid is tearing it up in the Big Bash - top wicket taker and bowling well.
As long as Dhoni is our ODI captain, I don't see us accepting the DRS. He is just too stubborn, to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they don't want the DRS, they have no reason to complain when decisions go against them. Like the George Bailey dismissal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 536
Original post by Aky786UK
Rashid is tearing it up in the Big Bash - top wicket taker and bowling well.

Oh aye. Playing excellently. Some of the quality on show in the Big Bash has been just delightful. it makes me so jealous we don't have anything to rival the Ram Slam, let alone the IPL and Big Bash.

I'm going to say it: Big Bash > IPL. For me, at least.
We've got them 5 down and Anderson+Broad have done **** all. Our bowling attack has come on so much in the last year or two.
Original post by Louis.
We've got them 5 down and Anderson+Broad have done **** all. Our bowling attack has come on so much in the last year or two.

We don't have to rely on them like we did in the past which is good, Finn is bowling well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honours fairly even after day 1. SA will be annoyed with all the starts, but credit to England for chipping away. 300 might be a good enough first innings total.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest