The Student Room Group

The FA Cup Thread 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

When are the games actually played/ BBC website unsurprisingly says sweet fa about that. Looking to go to the Arsenal away game as well, but wouldn't mind a trip to MK Dons. Just to laugh at their empty upper tier.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
When are the games actually played/ BBC website unsurprisingly says sweet fa about that. Looking to go to the Arsenal away game as well, but wouldn't mind a trip to MK Dons. Just to laugh at their empty upper tier.

Regards MK Dons, you might as well laugh at the entire stadium being empty as they have no fans to fill it, however it does have comfy seats though lol
Derby away. That's us out then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have to say there's not really many ties jumping out from that draw. Doesn't help that the vast majority of ties are awaiting a replay first. Would be a nightmare picking the televised games out of that lot.
Original post by scriggy
Have to say there's not really many ties jumping out from that draw. Doesn't help that the vast majority of ties are awaiting a replay first. Would be a nightmare picking the televised games out of that lot.

Picking TV is easy, it's always lower league team away to big team or big team vs big team. I'll be stunned if the following games aren't on TV

Colchester vs Spurs/Leicester
Northampton/MK vs Chelsea
Derby vs Man Utd
Carlisle/Yeovil vs Everton
Wycombe/Villa vs man City

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Picking TV is easy, it's always lower league team away to big team or big team vs big team. I'll be stunned if the following games aren't on TV

Derby vs Man Utd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liverpool/Exeter v West Ham? Continuing the Oxford story with their match. Potential dressed up rivalry of Portsmouth v Bournemouth, and what if (big if) Eastleigh make it through. Would be tragic airing Villa v City if Eastleigh v Leeds was a tie.

I'd probably go with your 5 tbf but I wouldn't want to be the one making that decision.
Original post by scriggy
Liverpool/Exeter v West Ham? Continuing the Oxford story with their match. Potential dressed up rivalry of Portsmouth v Bournemouth, and what if (big if) Eastleigh make it through. Would be tragic airing Villa v City if Eastleigh v Leeds was a tie.

I'd probably go with your 5 tbf but I wouldn't want to be the one making that decision.

Problem is they announce before the replays do they not? So they'd probably not want to gamble on Eastleigh with the serious risk of Bolton vs Leeds being the result.
Reply 87
Original post by sr90

Derby vs Man Utd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by scriggy

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Problem is they announce before the replays do they not? So they'd probably not want to gamble on Eastleigh with the serious risk of Bolton vs Leeds being the result.

No way Liverpool vs. West Ham isn't being shown, if that is the tie. Two of the biggest fanbases in the country who will make whichever station broadcasting it the majority viewership holder.
Do the BBC even care about prem vs prem? All they care about is if a lower league side can beat a prem/champ side.
I think the BBC care more for the "magic of the cup" and all that. Reckon they'd be more likely to go for a Carlisle v Everton than a Liverpool v West Ham. The Hammers game seems more of a BT tie so they can twist more peoples arms into signing up for their services.
Original post by scriggy

It's all about either cup upsets or viewing figures. Let's be honest nobody would watch Blackburn v Oxford. Eastleigh will 100% get shown if they qualify though yeh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by scriggy
I think the BBC care more for the "magic of the cup" and all that. Reckon they'd be more likely to go for a Carlisle v Everton than a Liverpool v West Ham. The Hammers game seems more of a BT tie so they can twist more peoples arms into signing up for their services.

They may go for Carlisle, given the uniqueness of this season and the situation of Brunton Park given the flooding in Cumbria.
Blackburn are beating Newport 2-1 however Blackburn are down to 10 men after Chris Brown got sent off for violent conduct.
Reply 93
Rhodes needs to be playing for a bottom-half PL side.
Must admit I loved the irony of Chris Brown sent off for violent conduct.
Reply 95
Original post by Rock Fan
Must admit I loved the irony of Chris Brown sent off for violent conduct.

10/10.
Tonight's replays

Aston Villa V Wycombe
Bradford V Bury
Bristol City V West Brom
MK Dons V Northampton
Portsmouth V Ipswich
Yeovil V Carlisle
Bolton V Eastleigh
Reading V Huddersfield
No cup fairytale for Eastleigh or Wycombe tonight.

Carlisle United become the first lower-league side (since how many years) to face both Liverpool and Everton in separate cup competitions :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Big shock that Villa won by two clear goals at home, but a big well done to Portsmouth knocking out Ipswich tonight.
Reply 99
Portsmouth seemed deserving of their win - and there were a couple of really good goals at Fratton Park.

Eastleigh put in a tremendous effort against Bolton, but the Championship side scored three good goals of varying skills - Pratley's was a lovely team move, Moxey curled the second in exquisitely and Madine showed composure for the first - to progress.

Tonight sees:

Liverpool v Exeter City
Leicester City v Tottenham

Quick Reply

Latest