The Student Room Group

E,d,d grades?

so, so far in my a levels my grades are E,D,D for like the term overall grade thingy. they are sooooo bad but i have no motivation what so ever i try to revise and stuff but i can't i just find it so hard i just take a nap instead, i try to use my frees to study at school as i have a lot of frees as i am only doing 3 as levels but i just end up messing about with my friends and getting in trouble at lunch and i just have so much fun i forget why i am in school? i just don't know what to do:///

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lilylf
so, so far in my a levels my grades are E,D,D for like the term overall grade thingy. they are sooooo bad but i have no motivation what so ever i try to revise and stuff but i can't i just find it so hard i just take a nap instead, i try to use my frees to study at school as i have a lot of frees as i am only doing 3 as levels but i just end up messing about with my friends and getting in trouble at lunch and i just have so much fun i forget why i am in school? i just don't know what to do:///

GCSE grades?

Motivation?
Well you can wake the hell up and realise that you may be having "so much fun" right now but come results day you'll be under qualified for a job at McDonalds.
Reply 3
Original post by awais_k
GCSE grades?

Motivation?

? you mean what are my gcse grades and what do you mean motivation? sorry i am thick ahah
Reply 4
Original post by lilylf
? you mean what are my gcse grades and what do you mean motivation? sorry i am thick ahah

Yeah I meant what were your GCSE grades and what motivated you to achieve the grades you did at GCSE?

I'm motivating you by asking questions to make you think. :wink:
Either turn things around quickly or look into jobs/apprenticeships.
Google Oxford Colleges and then a McDonalds Bathroom. If you have eyes, you should be able to notice the difference
Reply 7
Original post by awais_k
Yeah I meant what were your GCSE grades and what motivated you to achieve the grades you did at GCSE?

I'm motivating you by asking questions to make you think. :wink:

Well i got 2 A*'s, 3 A's, 3 B's and 2 C's so they weren't like all A's or anything but I didn't revise for any except biology , health and social care and a little bit for english (like quotes) and i got c,b and a in those and my motivation was fear of failing/wanting to be the first of my siblings to get gcse's but now i don't care enough ya know?...:l
In my first round of AS Levels I got C, D, D, D. Now I've nearly graduated. YOU CAN DO IT.
Reply 9
Original post by lilylf
Well i got 2 A*'s, 3 A's, 3 B's and 2 C's so they weren't like all A's or anything but I didn't revise for any except biology , health and social care and a little bit for english (like quotes) and i got c,b and a in those and my motivation was fear of failing/wanting to be the first of my siblings to get gcse's but now i don't care enough ya know?...:l

What career would you like to go into?
Reply 10
Original post by awais_k
What career would you like to go into?

I don't know i am literally useless
Reply 11
Original post by lilylf

Well what do you enjoy doing?
Do you have a slight idea?
Reply 12
Original post by lilylf

I suspect this is the reason for your lack of motivation, first of all you need to believe in yourself, YOU CAN DO IT! Secondly, you need something to aspire to more importantly. If you've nothing to aspire to you, of course you'll lack motivation. Lets start thinking what YOU want to get in life! What do you enjoy? Any thoughts?
Original post by High Stakes
Well you can wake the hell up and realise that you may be having "so much fun" right now but come results day you'll be under qualified for a job at McDonalds.

Cant be under qualified for McDonald's if you are qualified for A levels.
Original post by cherryred90s
Cant be under qualified for McDonald's if you are qualified for A levels.

Thank you, I'm well aware. It was metaphorical but thanks for taking the time.
Thank you, I'm well aware. It was metaphorical but thanks for taking the time.

Didn't make sense so I corrected you. You're welcome x
Original post by cherryred90s
Didn't make sense so I corrected you. You're welcome x

It does make sense. I was implying that if they left with failing or really poor A levels, their employment prospects would be extremely limited. I used the McDonalds example as an extreme. Please just stop.
It does make sense. I was implying that if they left with failing or really poor A levels, their employment prospects would be extremely limited. I used the McDonalds example as an extreme. Please just stop.

That's not necessarily true though. A levels are not the only route to good employment prospects. Your McDonald's example implied that OP is stupid, which was unhelpful. It also implied that McDonald's workers are thick too, which was also uncalled for.
Reply 18
Original post by awais_k
I suspect this is the reason for your lack of motivation, first of all you need to believe in yourself, YOU CAN DO IT! Secondly, you need something to aspire to more importantly. If you've nothing to aspire to you, of course you'll lack motivation. Lets start thinking what YOU want to get in life! What do you enjoy? Any thoughts?

Like at school in at home. Hobbies at home are like i love playing piano, reading drawing. At school i don't mind psychology or english in fact i kinda like english a lot i just lack motivation to study it i read the books and poems but fail to make notes and write good essays.
Original post by lilylf

Are you enjoying the subjects you're doing? If not, then maybe redo the year with better suited A level choices. If you are, you'll need to revise more, set aside time to focus on your studies and generally put in more effort in your work. A levels aren't for everyone, so if you still find yourself struggling, perhaps look into a BTEC or an apprenticeship.

Latest