The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AuntKathy
Nothing yet, I applied back in October (I'm a first decline applicant) and I called them back in December. They told me that they will decide after the deadline. Have you heared by any chance?

sorry I'm really not that aware with these terms today haha, what's a "first decline applicant" ?
Nah, I guess I'll have to wait after the deadline too haha. Do you know if others have got offers unconditional/conditional for courses from that department ? Some of my friends do have offers from Strathclyde e.g. Physics and law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 101
Original post by pinkflamingoxox
Congratulations (: when did you apply??

Thank you :smile: Applied 22nd December
Original post by tgh123
Thank you :smile: Applied 22nd December

I applied in October for Business analysis and technology with management but haven't heard back yet :frown:
Original post by JPiddy
sorry I'm really not that aware with these terms today haha, what's a "first decline applicant" ?
Nah, I guess I'll have to wait after the deadline too haha. Do you know if others have got offers unconditional/conditional for courses from that department ? Some of my friends do have offers from Strathclyde e.g. Physics and law

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hah no problem. First decline applicants are those who had the UCAS deadline of October 15th rather than this Friday. It's usually selected courses, such as Medicine, vet and dentistry as well as Oxbridge applicants.

I know that the engineering department has given out some offers, law and physics but as of right now, I think that all.
Original post by JPiddy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also applied for pharmacology and immunology and no response yet. My friend got an offer for marine engineering tho'
Reply 105
Original post by pinkflamingoxox
I applied in October for Business analysis and technology with management but haven't heard back yet :frown:

Good luck, sure you'll get in!
Original post by rmc1
Anyone applied for maths/maths w teaching?

I've applied for maths with teaching😊 not heard anything back yet though!
Original post by ramonamihaela1
I also applied for pharmacology and immunology and no response yet. My friend got an offer for marine engineering tho'

Did you ?
My friend emailed Strathclyde and they said 15th Jan onwards people tend to get offers for certain departments. Hopefully that includes us haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Original post by Hannah2998
I've applied for maths with teaching😊 not heard anything back yet though!

I was starting to panic a little there, I hope you get in!☺️. I'm assuming you've got an A in maths though? Unlike me lol.
Original post by rmc1
I was starting to panic a little there, I hope you get in!☺️. I'm assuming you've got an A in maths though? Unlike me lol.

I've been panicking loads too seeing everybody's offers! Thank you, you too!😊 Yeah I do for higher maths, doing advanced this year. Although I'm worried because that's my only A so my grades are less than the minimum. Have you met the requirements? If you don't mind me asking☺
Reply 110
I've been panicking loads too seeing everybody's offers! Thank you, you too!😊 Yeah I do for higher maths, doing advanced this year. Although I'm worried because that's my only A so my grades are less than the minimum. Have you met the requirements? If you don't mind me asking☺

Advanced higher is really good, I'm hoping for an A out of it really. And well I do but I don't lol, I've got 2As, 3Bs and a C, but I've only got a B for higher maths. Not an excuse or anything, but I get really nervous in exams and that maths paper last year; I had no chance! Still hoping for a conditional though!
Original post by rmc1
Advanced higher is really good, I'm hoping for an A out of it really. And well I do but I don't lol, I've got 2As, 3Bs and a C, but I've only got a B for higher maths. Not an excuse or anything, but I get really nervous in exams and that maths paper last year; I had no chance! Still hoping for a conditional though!

Yeah I'm enjoying advanced, but changed teachers for it this year after having the same teacher for 5 years so still trying to get used to her teaching style.
I'm sure you'll get at least a conditional, even though your maths is a B, especially if you're doing adv this year.
Yeah, I've only got an A and 3C's at higher just now, and this year I'm resitting 2 of those which I'm targeted at an A for both plus adv maths which I'm targeted at an A. Really hoping that will be enough but not sure it will tbh.

Is it teaching you want to do?
Reply 112
Yeah I'm enjoying advanced, but changed teachers for it this year after having the same teacher for 5 years so still trying to get used to her teaching style.
I'm sure you'll get at least a conditional, even though your maths is a B, especially if you're doing adv this year.
Yeah, I've only got an A and 3C's at higher just now, and this year I'm resitting 2 of those which I'm targeted at an A for both plus adv maths which I'm targeted at an A. Really hoping that will be enough but not sure it will tbh.

Is it teaching you want to do?

See I've been lucky, I've had the same teacher through it all! I'm hoping I do, my English is only a C but that's all we need. I'm sure you'll be fine☺️. Yeah it is, I've got quite a lot of experience teaching some younger classes, and basically love it! Beauty is I'm from a small school so I know all the maths teachers well and they're all really supportive so only happy to let me take their classes!😊
Original post by JPiddy
Did you ?
My friend emailed Strathclyde and they said 15th Jan onwards people tend to get offers for certain departments. Hopefully that includes us haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope so! Is this your first choice? Do you got any other offers yet ? :biggrin:
Original post by rmc1
See I've been lucky, I've had the same teacher through it all! I'm hoping I do, my English is only a C but that's all we need. I'm sure you'll be fine☺️. Yeah it is, I've got quite a lot of experience teaching some younger classes, and basically love it! Beauty is I'm from a small school so I know all the maths teachers well and they're all really supportive so only happy to let me take their classes!😊

Yeah, I'm the same,the maths department at my school is by far the most energetic and all the teachers are lovely, which is rare. I've been teaching a few classes this year mainly 1st and 3rd years. I'm also teaching an s3 numeracy tutorial groups, which is for pupils with learning difficulties and disabilities so hoping the experience along with grades will be enough.

Yeah it's my first choice for uni, but I've applied for 3 courses there and I would readily accept any course from the 3.
I'm not expecting anything from Edinburgh or Glasgow until March as Edinburgh tend to be later on and Glasgow emailed saying a final decision will be made in March and I only have the minimum for Glasgow haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you received any other offers ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JPiddy
Yeah it's my first choice for uni, but I've applied for 3 courses there and I would readily accept any course from the 3.
I'm not expecting anything from Edinburgh or Glasgow until March as Edinburgh tend to be later on and Glasgow emailed saying a final decision will be made in March and I only have the minimum for Glasgow haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha God now I'm a bit angry that I didn't apply to more courses at Strathclyde since I really wanna come to Glasgow :biggrin: yea I got an offer from Glasgow university (but they require really high grades :frown: ), Liverpool and Southampton. I also applied to Glasgow Caledonian but still waiting for that one too
Reply 118
Yeah, I'm the same,the maths department at my school is by far the most energetic and all the teachers are lovely, which is rare. I've been teaching a few classes this year mainly 1st and 3rd years. I'm also teaching an s3 numeracy tutorial groups, which is for pupils with learning difficulties and disabilities so hoping the experience along with grades will be enough.

I think it's brilliant to do like, I've worked one to one with a pupil with learning difficulties and I'm working one to one with another pupil just now. I really enjoy it, and after only doing work experience for 2 years I couldn't imagine doing anything other than teaching tbf, preferably maths, but I wouldn't mind business either.
haha God now I'm a bit angry that I didn't apply to more courses at Strathclyde since I really wanna come to Glasgow :biggrin: yea I got an offer from Glasgow university (but they require really high grades :frown: ), Liverpool and Southampton. I also applied to Glasgow Caledonian but still waiting for that one too

May I ask what the conditional for Glasgow was ?
I think it wouldn't make a difference for the amount of courses you've chosen.
Message me if you hear anything from Strathclyde ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending