London Metropolitan University - 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

(edited 7 years ago)
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Original post by iamspiderman
Hi
I am hoping to study nutrition and dietetics in September & have a conditional offer.
I'm expected to do 10 days work experience as part of the conditional offer by 31st july, and have literally been looking for work experience non stop but no one has given me any..I've applied to so many places..
Im just worried about this, will they still except me, if I have the right grades but without the work experience?

Hi, ordinarily you would have to meet all the conditions of your in order to be accepted: our Dietetics and Nutrition course is very popular, so there is a lot of competition for each place.

As your struggling to meet the conditions, my advice to you would be to get in touch with your admissions tutor as soon as possible: there may be some allowance they can make or might be able to point you in the right direction for getting the work experience.

I'm sorry that I can't be more useful than that. Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Simon
Reply 82
Anyone studying fashion marketing and journalism ? Please let me know or add me on Facebook Diana AdeBisola Adegboyega ☺️
Original post by abiscoo
Anyone studying fashion marketing and journalism ? Please let me know or add me on Facebook Diana AdeBisola Adegboyega ☺️

Hello, are you the same person that I was DM-ing on Twitter last week (from the London Met account)? and if so does this mean you've been given an offer?

If so, congratulations! I hope some of the course's students get in touch,

Kind regards,
Simon
Hi!

I am attending London Met in September! I am having problems getting in contact through the official Erasmus e-mail concerning my Learning Agreement. What to do? I have a deadline in a few days and I have been waiting for the signed Learning Agreement since June 24.

Kind regards,
Sisse
Original post by sisselondonmet
Hi!

I am attending London Met in September! I am having problems getting in contact through the official Erasmus e-mail concerning my Learning Agreement. What to do? I have a deadline in a few days and I have been waiting for the signed Learning Agreement since June 24.

Kind regards,
Sisse

Hello Sisse,

Great to hear that you'll be heading over here in September, very exciting news.

I'm assuming that the Erasmus email address you've been using is [email protected]? If so, and you've not had a response, you can try contacting the International Office directly: [email protected] (the link takes you the International Office section of our website, which does include some general Erasmus advice.

I hope that helps, let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Simon
Hello Marcia

I want to apply as a mature student for the extended degree in business management. I want to know if I still got time to apply for 2015/2016 and what should I do?
Original post by Ermelindadjalo
Hello Marcia

I want to apply as a mature student for the extended degree in business management. I want to know if I still got time to apply for 2015/2016 and what should I do?

Hello,

You can definitely still apply, it's likely you'll have to go through clearing rather than UCAS. You can find out more information about it on the London Met website.

Essentially the advice is "call 0800 032 4441" if you're a home/EU/EEA (European Economic Area) student or follow this link if you are from outside this area.

I hope that helps, good luck with your application and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Simon
Original post by London Metropolitan University
Hello Sisse,

Great to hear that you'll be heading over here in September, very exciting news.

I'm assuming that the Erasmus email address you've been using is [email protected]? If so, and you've not had a response, you can try contacting the International Office directly: [email protected] (the link takes you the International Office section of our website, which does include some general Erasmus advice.

I hope that helps, let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Simon

Hello Simon,

Yes, the official erasmus email. I've send two emails concerning the Learning Agreement but unfortunately without an answer (in three weeks).
I am getting a bit anxious due to the fact that I need the Agreement filled out tomorrow, July 15. Is it not possible to contact the administration directly? Not via email?

Thank you!
Kind regards,
Sisse
Hello,

You can definitely still apply, it's likely you'll have to go through clearing rather than UCAS. You can find out more information about it on the London Met website.

Essentially the advice is "call 0800 032 4441" if you're a home/EU/EEA (European Economic Area) student or follow this link if you are from outside this area.

I hope that helps, good luck with your application and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Simon

Hi Simon

So I just received a call from London metropolitan university to apply through clearing, after a few questions the lady she will send an email asking me some details and my cv and then she will send it forwards to a tutor. So can you explain me what it's mean and if is a bad sign.
Thank you
Original post by sisselondonmet
Hello Simon,

Yes, the official erasmus email. I've send two emails concerning the Learning Agreement but unfortunately without an answer (in three weeks).
I am getting a bit anxious due to the fact that I need the Agreement filled out tomorrow, July 15. Is it not possible to contact the administration directly? Not via email?

Thank you!
Kind regards,
Sisse

Hello,

The telephone number for the International Programmes Office is: +44 (0)20 7133 3342.

I'm pretty sure that's the number you need, however the rest of the International Office's contact details can be found on the contacts section of their web pages.

Good luck, I really hope this all gets sorted for you.

Kind regards,
Simon
Original post by Ermelindadjalo
Hi Simon

So I just received a call from London metropolitan university to apply through clearing, after a few questions the lady she will send an email asking me some details and my cv and then she will send it forwards to a tutor. So can you explain me what it's mean and if is a bad sign.
Thank you

That doesn't sound like a bad sign to me, it's just simply to see if you meet the entry requirements for the course. Sometimes (especially for mature students) relevant work experience can bolster applications and may compensate for slightly lower grades etc.

This will need to go to an admissions tutor, because all our course decisions have to be seen by the relevant academic. Don't worry, once we have all the information we need this is a very quick process.

We have loads of information about clearing on our website, which you can have a look at if you need to know more.

Best of luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Simon
Reply 92
Anyone starting criminology and psychology on the 21st?
Hello everybody,

I’m Marcia and I’m a London Met rep, as are my two colleagues Aude and Simon. We all thought it would be nice to create this thread as a place where those of you who have an offer, or are applying to study with us in 2015 (either starting in January or September) can chat to each other.

Feel free to ask us any questions and we’ll and answer them as best we can. Enjoy!

Marcia

Hi,

I'm thinking of adding London Metropolitan to my choices for 2016 entry. I'm applying for Dietetics and really want to study in London. The entry requirements are 300 UCAS points and specify chemistry and biology at A-level. I take biology but I don't do chemistry however my other subjects are science related and I am predicted 565 UCAS points. I was just wondering as some other universities for this course do not require you to study chemistry. Are you aware of London Met making offers to students for this course who do not study chemistry if their grades and work experience are good? I don't want to be flat out rejected but I would like the option of applying here.

Lucy.
Reply 94
Today I received Unconditional Offer for MSc Information Technology (Distance Learning) year 2015/2016. I should start for less then two weeks as Spring semester starting date is 25th January 2016. As I can see academic year 2015/2016 starts with Autumn semester and ends with Spring semester. If I start with Spring semester wwhat will be mz second semester? Will it be 2016/2017 Autumn semester?
Original post by lucindarose
Hi,

I'm thinking of adding London Metropolitan to my choices for 2016 entry. I'm applying for Dietetics and really want to study in London. The entry requirements are 300 UCAS points and specify chemistry and biology at A-level. I take biology but I don't do chemistry however my other subjects are science related and I am predicted 565 UCAS points. I was just wondering as some other universities for this course do not require you to study chemistry. Are you aware of London Met making offers to students for this course who do not study chemistry if their grades and work experience are good? I don't want to be flat out rejected but I would like the option of applying here.

Lucy.

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your message. It is definitely still worth applying for, your UCAS points are good so you will at least be invited for an interview and this will be your chance to express your passion of the course. You would not be flat out rejected.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Kyle :smile:
Original post by Farx
Today I received Unconditional Offer for MSc Information Technology (Distance Learning) year 2015/2016. I should start for less then two weeks as Spring semester starting date is 25th January 2016. As I can see academic year 2015/2016 starts with Autumn semester and ends with Spring semester. If I start with Spring semester wwhat will be mz second semester? Will it be 2016/2017 Autumn semester?

Hi there,

Is this January start? If so you will just have Spring semester in your first year as you are cutting your degree to two-and-a-half years rather than three. So your first six months will be intensive learning, with seminars and lectures throughout the summer. We will offer more support and smaller classes so you can progress quickly. Then once you come back in Autumn this will be the start of your second year.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Kyle
Reply 97
Hi there,

Is this January start? If so you will just have Spring semester in your first year as you are cutting your degree to two-and-a-half years rather than three. So your first six months will be intensive learning, with seminars and lectures throughout the summer. We will offer more support and smaller classes so you can progress quickly. Then once you come back in Autumn this will be the start of your second year.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Kyle

I've received an offer for Full time MSc Information Technology course, and start date is 25th January, 2016.

This is the course http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/2015/information-technology-distance-learning---msc/

I've got a few really important things to ask before I make a final decision and pay the full amount of the tuition fee, so I need your answer as soon as possible because there are only couple of days left:

-You are talking about "two-and-a-half years rather than three" and on the web site it says that Full-time distance learning takes one year. How long does it really take to complete this course (Full time MSc Information Technology (Distance Learning)?

-What is the full amount of money I need to pay for this course (for non EU students)?

-If I don't pass one exam or more in the expected time and I prolong the time, what exacly do I have to pay for each following year?

-The course starts in 10 days, If I pay everything in the next five days will I be able to access the portal and will I be able to attain the lessons from the start or will i have to wait to receive the student card?
Reply 98
Where is My Enrolment tab and link for Pre-Registration?

met1 - Copy.PNG

Attachment not found
Original post by Farx
I've received an offer for Full time MSc Information Technology course, and start date is 25th January, 2016.

This is the course http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/2015/information-technology-distance-learning---msc/

I've got a few really important things to ask before I make a final decision and pay the full amount of the tuition fee, so I need your answer as soon as possible because there are only couple of days left:

-You are talking about "two-and-a-half years rather than three" and on the web site it says that Full-time distance learning takes one year. How long does it really take to complete this course (Full time MSc Information Technology (Distance Learning)?

-What is the full amount of money I need to pay for this course (for non EU students)?

-If I don't pass one exam or more in the expected time and I prolong the time, what exacly do I have to pay for each following year?

-The course starts in 10 days, If I pay everything in the next five days will I be able to access the portal and will I be able to attain the lessons from the start or will i have to wait to receive the student card?

Hi again,

Apologies, I thought it was an Undergraduate degree that is why I said two and a half years. I can see on the course page it is only one year. Once you have paid your fees you should be able to access your portal and come in and get your student card sorted.

For the rest of your questions you are best to contact our Admissions team in order to answer them correctly as I do not have the information to answer. Let me know you get sorted out and best of luck.

Admissions - +44 (0)20 7133 4202

Kyle :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending