The Student Room Group

London imam stopped from flying to US over 'Facebook follower'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-35301288

Oh boo hoo! :cry:

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why his visa was revoked.

Somehome this is down to him being Muslim.
Quite

Some people think they have a god given right to travel where they like and when they like

This has never been the case
Reply 2
Typical. Muslims get stopped and questioned wherever they go.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SloppyMcfloppy
I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why his visa was revoked.

If that explanation is in fact over one of his Facebook followers then it is not at all reasonable.
Original post by Ascend
If that explanation is in fact over one of his Facebook followers then it is not at all reasonable.

Why?

It could be a religious fundamentalist and the US border security don't want to take any risks. It's rational.

People are banned from entering the US for loads of reasons, sometimes very small reasons.
A Facebook follower alone isn't reason enough in my mind to revoke some bodies visa, even if said follower is questionable (though that obviously changes if there is more than just a Facebook link between the two people). Like the previous times I don't feel the us has any obligation to reveal why the visa was revoked and I feel that this a mountain over a mole hill.
Original post by mkap
Typical. Muslims get stopped and question wherever they go.

BS, and you know it.
Reply 7
Original post by SloppyMcfloppy
BS, and you know it.

Nope, my family/family friends have all been stopped at least once bc of their names/how they dress. Not my family tho, we got Indian names.
Original post by mkap

were you stopped and questioned this morning on your way to school?
Reply 9
Original post by Ascend

That's up to US immigration officers to decide
Original post by mkap
Nope, my family/family friends have all been stopped at least once bc of their names/how they dress. Not my family tho, we got Indian names.

That's still not all Muslims. You're still speaking out your arse.
Original post by mkap
have all been stopped at least once bc of their names

How can they be stopped because of their names?

Do you think the police are physic and know a person name just by looking at them
Reply 12
Original post by BaconandSauce
were you stopped and questioned this morning on your way to school?

I meant at airports. Nope bc im not living in the UK atm.
Reply 13
Original post by BaconandSauce
How can they be stopped because of their names?

Do you think the police are physic and know a person name just by looking at them

how did they know who the man followed on facebook...?
Original post by mkap
I meant at airports. Nope bc im not living in the UK atm.

Then that post was sodding awful.

So when you said muslim were stopped all the time you didn't actually mean all the time.
:lol: Masroor is a bit of a loon and I wouldn't be surprised if the US stopped him over his accusations on his Facebook page that they are responsible for Islamic terror attacks and "framing" Muslims for it. It's not exactly a stretch that he will attract other loonies and terror sympathisers there.

http://standforpeace.org.uk/ajmal-masroor/

"Do you remember the Mumbai terror attack? In November 2008 a group of terrorists rampaged through the streets and hotels of the financial capitol of India Mumbai, shooting at people, killing and wounding more than 300 innocent men and women. The mastermind behind that attack was David Headley, a US citizen, double agent and convicted drugs dealer, who was planted as the agent provocateur to encourage even more violence and terror in Pakistan thus justify American rotten foreign policies for the region. American intelligence services knew about the imminent attack and did nothing to stop it…”

https://www.facebook.com/ajmal.masroor.7/posts/10152043424504439

“…The truth of who is pulling the strings and who are the real masterminds behind these attacks needs to be uncovered. Who are the paymasters of these bloodthirsty monsters need to be unveiled? Who are the real terrorists?”

https://www.facebook.com/ajmal.masroor.7/posts/10151962677684439
Original post by mkap
how did they know who the man followed on facebook...?

In English please

You said they were stopped because of their names

Are you saying the police know the names of all muslims in the UK as you claimed all of them are being stopped all of the time
Reply 17
Rational by the US
Original post by mkap

And this will stop when Muslims stop committing the vast majority of terror attacks today
(edited 8 years ago)
There has to be more to it than this. I highly doubt the US authorities browse through the social networking profiles of everyone who applies for a visa and looks at who they are friends with or followed by.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending